Windows Programming - April 2016 (Page 3)

resources files

heres my resource file: #ifndef _resource_rc #define _resource_rc MAINICON ICON "x-7.ico" #endif the exe icon is changed. my question is: can i ch...
[no replies]
Sockets windows c++

Hello guys, i'v spent a lot of time on the msdn page about sockets Now i've got this code that is compiling without any error: // Socket.cpp : definisce il p...
[4 replies] Last: i've got a simple client / server progs that work if you're interested... (by turnbui)
burning cd/dvd api for c++

someone would recommend me api for burning cd/dvd in c++ that doesnt need any software installation? ty i heard about imapi but looks like all sources are do...
[2 replies] Last: i heard about imapi but looks like all sources are down. https://msd... (by naraku9333)
Finding hardware device

Hi all... I'm not all that seasoned in C++. Used it many years ago, so I don't know all the libraries and tricks so I'm coming to you all for guidance. I n...
[no replies]
by dilver
error when compiling c++ source code

When trying to compile a software from a source code using Cygwin , in windows xp , I got this error: basic_dump.c:99:3: error: ‘VOID’ undeclared (first ...
[4 replies] Last: Look at line 39, the printf() function is probably FUBARRED: printf()... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
vb.net help me please

Q / read words from the user and store it in array. It stops when the user enters "End". Concatenate the words together and print it in one line. The maximum le...
[13 replies] Last: in last form I have to show the users purchases and the sub total ... (by Thomas1965)
by fluppe
Interlocked fcns.

Hi, i have a question that was hard for me to figure out so far: is the "orig = InterlockedExchange(dest, val)" fcn. blocking, as long as any other thread tr...
[6 replies] Last: That sounds great. I was trying the interlocked fcns because i thought... (by fluppe)
Accessing .text section code pages of a Windows process

Hi, I am a programmer, new to Windows systems development. I want to access the .text section (i.e. the code) of a running process on Windows 7 and above. Ba...
[no replies]
how can i detect 1 error?

i have 1 error on my program, that i can't detect. what i see\do: 1 - the program is executed normaly; 2 - i close the program; 3 - sometimes... sometimes t...
[no replies]
by leeffm
Visual studio program works on my computer but not windows 10

i have written a launcher to launch "armyops.exe" this launcher has been written in c++ and i can open it just fine on windows 7(the computer it was made on) bu...
[5 replies] Last: im re downloading the 2012 express version but i dont see a windows fo... (by leeffm)
by evaboy
C, Win32 API: l need help with data/ file storage on disk

Hi all, Good day. Please am just learning application programming using the Win32 Api. l wrote a small program just like a crackme to save user key in a text f...
[2 replies] Last: I don't know what a 'crackme' is, but from my understanding of what yo... (by freddie1)
by leeffm
using console commands froma button and textbox

i am trying to make a launcher for a Americas Army 2.8.5, i need to beable to use CMD console commands to start the game with specific parameters (armyops.exe o...
[6 replies] Last: 1 error is better than 2 :D Try ShellExecute W (...) You should rea... (by coder777)
by sambos
Efficient datatable searching

Hi, I have some dataTables that have names listed with various other pieces of data that's linked to each name. At the moment there's around 1500 lines of da...
[1 reply] : Would a vector / map or something similar be useful? The data is st... (by Thomas1965)
Install Notepad + + on CMD

I need to install notepad ++ on some devices. So I have to run a command on CMD to download the package directly from the internet and also install it on the...
[no replies]
by leeffm
write string from textbox to ini

i am trying to make a windows forms application in visual studio 2010 i want to take the text a user enters into textBox1 and write it to an ini file. i can ...
[2 replies] Last: :D Thanks! (by leeffm)
by w4ssup
How do I find window form box?

If the program have a form box where you enter a code/name and hit enter, how do I get the handle to the form and send my own message from my program to that me...
[no replies]
by evaboy
C, Win32 API: l need help with ReadFile function

Hello, Happy New Month to you all. However, l am playing with Createfile, WriteFile and ReadFile functions, Createfile and Writefile works well but my problem ...
[5 replies] Last: @Freddie1: No. But l have gotten the answer being that the szbuf was n... (by evaboy)
win32- Menus: a MF_POPUP menu, can have an image?

i'm testing my menu class. but seems that something isn't right, so i must ask: a MF_POPUP menu can have an image? i'm gettig problems even when i change the c...
[2 replies] Last: finally i did that ;) if(ispopup==false) SetMenuI... (by Cambalinho)
Open with functionality

Hi, I'm new to this forum and pretty new to C++, but I am somewhat experienced in programming overall. With lots of applications, such a word processor, you can...
[1 reply] : If you're using windows, you can use the WINAPI. It has functions that... (by xismn)
by noaboa
Map

Hi, this is not a c++ question but I dindt know where to ask it. I am currenly reading a SFML book, and have made a map file. I was wondering if there is any wa...
[no replies]
April 2016 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [mar2016] [may2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.