Windows Programming - September 2016

GDIPLUS::Image::SetPalette: how set a palette?

i can get the image palette: img= Image::FromFile(towstring(filename).c_str(), FALSE); //free(imgPallet); UINT PaletteSize; ...
[no replies]
FindNextFile exception

Hello guys! i'm trying to display all contents of the "Images" directory i'm studying this msdn page : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364428(VS.8...
[4 replies] Last: Works! Tnx (by Mario Valentino)
by EJ42
Windows multi-color text output help

Let's start of with the fact that I'm an MSEE, and not a CS grad. I took enough C++ to be dangerous with Unix console programs. I have a pretty strong grasp o...
[3 replies] Last: That's the only way I'd know how to do it. If I wanted to do somethin... (by EJ42)
by eroki
1d returned 1 exit status and winmain@16

when I tried to install SDL onto code blocks I get these error messages. 1d returned 1 exit status undefined reference to WinMain@16 this is the code: ...
[8 replies] Last: it is finally solved, I used the setup guide I got from krako and the ... (by eroki)
Read the Color of A Element of External Program

There is a program to show up the price change. And I want to detect any color change in a specific area, A(600,0) to B(900, 100). Is that possible? Is it...
[1 reply] : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd144909(v=vs... (by integralfx)
Win Forms - Simple textBox

I have a simple WinForm program with a text box. When I write to the textbox it doesn't display. If I look at textBox1 in the debugger it is receiving the h...
[no replies]
by Kotik
Some encoding problems

Hi everybody! I have faced a problem with encoding and wrote this simple example to explain that: #define UNICODE #include <windows.h> int main() { con...
[no replies]
Append to beginning of TCHAR array using wsprintf

I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm supposed to create a program that converts base 10 numbers to hexadecimal numbers. My program: 1) Divides a given number by 1...
[3 replies] Last: wsprintf() converts ANSI (char) C-strings to wide (wchar_t) C-strings,... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Problem with WM_PAINT

Hello, for some reason the code is constantly drawing a line upon compiling even though I have created a proper if structure which tells it when to draw or not ...
[1 reply] : That's cause the cases are testing true and control is basically 'bypa... (by Uk Marine)
ofstream %appdata%

So i've this part of code: ofstream file; file.open("C:\\Users\\Mario\\AppData\\Roaming\\DoDLog.log", ios::out | ios::app); obviously this will work only...
[1 reply] : Try this instead: int main () { string path; ofstream file;... (by AbstractionAnon)
Run a debugger on MinGW compiler

Hi all. I create many programs written in C++, using MinGW compiler, (especially with Qt) but I want to deepen on compiling. For me this is the most beautiful p...
[no replies]
simple program not compiling

I installed visual studio 2015 I generated an empy win32 c++ project It is exactly as this: #include <string> int main() { return 0; } In compilatio...
[3 replies] Last: Try using an empty project rather than an Win32 project. I think Win32... (by orangepeel367)
Opening/Reading a file from windows explorer.

Recently I have been trying to make a save and load system for the program I am making. For that reason, I thought that the proper and more useful way would be ...
[no replies]
How to catch underlying clipboard mechanism used by special apps?

Hi, I am developing a program to catch the 'PASTE' requests done by any program/process running under Windows desktop to prevent unauthorized copy requests. ...
[1 reply] : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365574(v=vs... (by ScottScott)
by Albos
Alien shot game

I saw this tutorial on Youtube, how a guy made the snake game to be played on the console. Then I had an idea to make a game myself (just to understand the logi...
[no replies]
HELP

I have errors saying identifier "pi" is undefined. I also get this for radius height and others. Can someone tell me what I'm missing? #include <iostream>...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks so much! :) (by closed account ENhkSL3A)
using winsock with public IP

So i created my winsock tcp server and client running at the port 270 Everything works fine using the local address 127.0.0.1 but when i try (using 2 different...
[3 replies] Last: Pointing a DMZ to a PC opens that computer to all incoming packets fro... (by AbstractionAnon)
Conditionals in conditionals not working

Making a gag-gift program for a friend... the programming follows. if (turn1lukas = 1) { int turn1lukascounter; cout << "Sorry. You lack the blue mana.\n...
[2 replies] Last: What does that do? It declares an array of 50 characters. And w... (by AbstractionAnon)
set icon application

Hello, im trying to set a new icon for my application. However i tried several files, and it seems the icon does not update well on "file explorer" in windows...
[3 replies] Last: When using an application defined icon you have to specify the module'... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
wxSmith - "wchar_t must be available"

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I have some experience in C++ but I am brand new to trying to make a wxSmith GUI. I followed some instruc...
[2 replies] Last: Yer I am using MinGW, i'm all pretty new to this but I think I have do... (by tonyhibbert420)
September 2016 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [aug2016] [oct2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.