Windows Programming - September 2019

non blocking socket TCP packet loss

It looks like the send() func in this case is too much faster than recv() and recv() never reach 262144-bytes I don't wanna use blocking sockets as there are ma...
[1 reply] : It might help if you knew something about how the internet protocols a... (by salem c)
Best way to check if Large Pages are enabled ?

<<op ran away>>
[3 replies] Last: No need to be arrogant when you get answers to bad questions. Reporti... (by George P)
Create .exe which opens a URL

Hi This is my first posting here in this forum. I hope the formatting is right. Otherwise please let me know and i will do it better the next time :-) I'm...
[5 replies] Last: Love your username, BTW. :O) (by Duthomhas)
stringarray

How to create a sort of stringarray ? I would like to store the available wfd.cFileName in an array. Later I could address them by their numbers. This is act...
[6 replies] Last: jonnin, thanks again. Have good one. (by clamicun)
C++ in real world, is it only me, or real world C++ is different from C++ in books and conferences?

I hesitate to respond to posts from new members here, because so many pose a question, then disappear after dropping some links in an edited post designed to sp...
[5 replies] Last: Ah....duped again, I was. I'm with zapshe, your comment was very ins... (by George P)
Mac vs Windows for Programming!!

This is a question best asked in the lounge, since you are asking for opinions. People will couch their opinions as fact, because their preferred system is "cl...
[9 replies] Last: Nobody uses mac or Linux. No (relatively few) desktop users use Li... (by mbozzi)
mouse desktop Highlighted area

hi, i need to highlight my desktop specific area with mouse and get the area's cordinates... - my goal is to create an app like snipping tool from scratch ...
[1 reply] : Simplest answer: Get screenshot. Create a new, borderless, fullscreen,... (by Duthomhas)
by Ganado
Unit Sphere and Surface Points

<This post was originally a reply to post that has since been removed. I got some mathematical details wrong in my original reply, see Thomas' and lastchance's...
[11 replies] Last: I've reported (and thence removed) the OP's post with the spam links t... (by lastchance)
need curl for Windows 10 Visual Studio 2019

idk if it's just unavailable for Windows 10 or Visual Studio 2019, but I just can't build curl on my Windows 10 computer having Visual Studio 2019 and I neither...
[5 replies] Last: I would suggest, instead, to seriously consider Boost "Beast" and/or A... (by Niccolo)
Magic Square with boxes

I badly need help for my assignment which i due tomorrow. Please help me out! So the task is to create a magic square wherein there is actually a box so eac...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you so much!! You're a life saver (by justandie)
direction of text in editbox

I am using VS 2015 Express. I recently tried to recompile an existing app that features some editboxes. For some unknown reason the text typed into an...
[1 reply] : A couple of thoughts spring to mind. You left something uninitialised... (by salem c)
Is CMake compatible with VS 2015 Express?

Is CMake compatible with Visual Studio 2015 Express? CMake GUI asks user to select a compiler from a list. I chose “Visual Studio 14 2015”, as that sel...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for your assistance, but I have given up on CMake and have r... (by rwhoech)
Can you return multiple named values from a function?

So I'm a weird mix of new to C++ but been programming different(easier) languages for a while, so bare with me please. I'm trying to make a program to draw in ...
[2 replies] Last: > I need a function kind of like how SFML has shape.getPosition().x D... (by JLBorges)
How to make my program to understand that it's incorrect?

I want to loop my program to create a folder in Dropbox. Once it successed, to get out of loop. For example, if "fld0", "fld1", "fld2" exist, make fld3 and get ...
[2 replies] Last: Spamming other forums: http://forums.codeguru.com/showthread.php?5639... (by George P)
send email using c++

How to send email using C++ ? need an example i'm using codeblock
[3 replies] Last: {$reference '%GAC%\System.dll'} Easily translate from Pascal to C ++ ... (by GinPedro)
Scroll bars are not displayed after minimizing the parent window

I create a list view using win32 api and enable scrolling when needed but when i minimize the window and maximize it again , vertical scrollbar is disappeared a...
[no replies]
How to turn backslash to forward slash in Windows environmental variable?

I necessarily need to change backslash to forward slash in windows environmental variable. Do you have any suggestions how can I get %programdata% path with for...
[5 replies] Last: Of course it's solved, you spammed the same question on at least 3 for... (by George P)
How to make TOR configured application?

I found a code which should work, but it doesn't for me on Visual Studio 2017. It returns me "Error" (return(-1);) and some weird symbol after. Maybe for somebo...
[6 replies] Last: prako2 is spamming stackoverflow as well: https://stackoverflow.com/q... (by George P)
How to use exception handling?

I have a code which gets public IP address and one segment of code causes crash if not connected to internet. So I'm trying to apply exception handling, but I d...
[4 replies] Last: I see the stackoverflow link is now deader than a door nail. prako2 i... (by George P)
  Archived months: [aug2019] [oct2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.