Beginners - August 2015 (Page 24)

SFML problem

I have been following CodingMadeEasy, now I'm on tutorial #28 but I got a problem with loadCounter.x because I think it should be 3. https://www.youtube.com/...
[1 reply] : tiles.setPosition(i * 32, j * 32); // ... (by progleo)
Const char compiling problem

I ve been having trouble compiling this typedef struct persona { char nombre1 ; char nombre2 ; char apellido ; int edad; char age; char sexo...
[2 replies] Last: This way you assign a pointer to an array. That doesn' work. You need ... (by coder777)
Problems with Interface/Implementation Files

Hi all, I am currently self-studying header files, implementation files and the like. The program that I'm trying to write takes a singly linked list of inte...
[3 replies] Last: > if I remove the namespaces, is the code somewhat "close" as to how ... (by JLBorges)
by moop
Program entirely messing up.. Need explanations.

I am an absolute beginner and I need help with this code... I'm practicing this exercise.. Write a program that allows the user to enter the grade scored in ...
[1 reply] : // gradingProgram.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console appli... (by CodeWriter)
by thor36
Can't get sample Voce library project to work (build errors)

Greetings all, I am trying to create a CodeBlocks project to run the Voce speech recognition library (http://voce.sourceforge.net/) sample (recognitionTest.cpp...
[no replies]
by Haziq
Array Game

I did post my code earlier. But this time, im stucked at doing X O X O. #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <string> #include <stdio.h> //...
[5 replies] Last: Here is a program that plays rand tic tac toe games: #include <cstdli... (by CodeWriter)
Memory leak safe? (1,2)

Would anyone be willing to have a look at my code and tell whether or not it is safe from memory leaks? Also, is it safe to set grid to NULL when the default...
[28 replies] Last: Thanks Disch! (by Bogeyman)
How do I round up decimal places?

I'm taking a math oriented programming class and this assignment involves some payments. If a calculation for a payment comes out to something like this: 100.25...
[7 replies] Last: @supernoob, setprecision() only effects how the output is done. It d... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Using a function as the default value

I know about default values, but what about default functions as parameters? I want to sort Ascending by default if not specified. I know i can overload it, by ...
[3 replies] Last: PS Trivia... Better style? vector<int> myVector = { 3, 7, 9, 5,... (by andywestken)
not asking second question in my code

Hi, I am trying to write a program at work for the first time. Basically I need to have a simple program that allows a person to enter the OU group name and the...
[3 replies] Last: A couple of things stand out that make debugging your program a bit di... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Nested Classes. a colon right after the Class declaration

I am a beginner in C++ so excuse me if this is a stupid question.Note I read all the tutorials on this site. Anyways here is the code using namespace std; #i...
[6 replies] Last: using namespace std; #include "matplotpp.h" class MPlot :public MatP... (by allmatlabnoC)
Sleep problem in Windows!

Hi there, I'm new here! I hope you can help me with this :) Well, im programming a text bassed game in C++ and I have the following issue: Between every text i...
[10 replies] Last: clock_t start = clock(); dormir_2(secs); clock_t stop = clock(); doub... (by JLBorges)
memmem() help

Hi ! My C program has this line; char * p = memmem (buffer FileLen, bytes, 4); I'm trying to use memmem () but I get the error; 'memmem' was not decl...
[6 replies] Last: Justs to say thanks ! Solved. Another good site... Help me alot. http... (by pomodoro)
by DannyL
Basic while problem, help?

Hi, so I'm trying to pick up C++ after I gave up a few years ago, I was just messing around with some code and can't seem to figure out how to fix this problem ...
[3 replies] Last: I have no idea why it didn't work that way, but I think it glitched ... (by progleo)
SLIGHTLY URGENT Structure Mutator Issue

So basically I'm having this issue where my program is giving an error saying "real" was not declared within the scope in the setReal function. I've commented w...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a ton! I'm apparently blind... (by Shoubakka)
by Havion
How do I convert a row in a 2D array to a string

Hi, I've written a code which let's the user input the dimensions of a grid which they will then put in numbers in the grid (0,1 and 2). 0 represents and empty ...
[4 replies] Last: Whoa, that did the trick, thanks a lot for the help! (by Havion)
UINT_MAX of array probelm? Functions

I need Help. I am really confused on how to do the below Function and have been working on it for awhile now trying to do it but now I just have my code all mix...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Mina123]I am trying to return exactly what it ask for in my fir... (by keskiverto)
Passing Array from Struct to Function

Hi, I have a stuct that includes values of 4 different assighnments completed by 50 students. I am trying to find the mean value for each of these assighnmen...
[1 reply] : There are always multiple approaches. One is to calculate average(s) ... (by keskiverto)
Reading in string/ int arrays and bubble sorting

I need to use an infile which contains 15 lines like this data. Firstname Lastname 1 2 I can't figure out how do I read in the first and last name as a s...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks I figured the rest out. (by zou bisou)
HEAP CORRUPTION DETECTED

Hello everyone! i'm trying to implement a merge sort algorithm with the code below, to get myself trained to algorithms and memory allocation. Using Visual S...
[1 reply] : Remove the for loop on line 50. This is done within merge(...). It wi... (by coder777)
August 2015 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.