Beginners - August 2015 (Page 26)

by Fedzzy
What to begin with?

Hi all, I am currently in college seeking a degree in forest management and over the past year or so I have taken an interest in possibly seeking a masters degr...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks! I assume there will be more samples like this. Do you have a l... (by fguy)
by koce
Help on text convertion to utf-8

Hi mates, May I get some help direction on constructing function to convert text string to utf-8 encoded one? I adopted some code for the reverse process ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks to all of You guys for the attention and time taken in my still... (by koce)
by Kew
Simple Snake Game C++ in Unix

i found myself stuck with it, i had googled a lot of solution which can't solve mine. A lot of solution is written for window system only.Firstly, how to check ...
[9 replies] Last: Any one please help? Thank you (by Kew)
by KMagic
Int variable's value won't change after being moved

I've read the basics of move semantics and I did a couple of tests. Case #1: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string> using namesp...
[3 replies] Last: As JLBorges showed it: You need to explicitely write std::move(...) in... (by coder777)
by Kew
The header for kbhit() and getch() in linux

i am trying to program a simple snake game on my macbook, but i found out that the kbhit() and getch() function is only available on window. it that any alterna...
[2 replies] Last: Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_main", referenced fro... (by Kew)
by afmdnf
Searching for words in text file

Hello everyone! I am a 17yr old and I use TurboC++. I've made a airline ticket booking program as part of my first project. Now, what I've decided is that I'...
[3 replies] Last: That link I posted shows how to get each line, then you can use variou... (by mutexe)
error calling function

hi, im still new to programming so im sorry about the code if its not formated well. im having trouble calling 2 functions inside of a switch statement. ...
[5 replies] Last: why are you passing choice to your functions? You never use it in th... (by mutexe)
to make new folder using mkdir

Hi Guys!, How can I create new folder using 'mkdir' command?. How can I specifically give a name to the folder at run time? Thanks!
[3 replies] Last: > How can I specifically give a name to the folder at run time? #i... (by SamuelAdams)
by am71
How to get my Program to read every 6th line of data

I have an input file with data the looks like this: tradedt,open,high,low,close,volume 02/01/2012,5.59,5.59,5.59,5.59,0 03/01/2012,5.71,5.88,5.71,5.76,1674...
[6 replies] Last: Didn't take time to document it, but this gives you everything you nee... (by SamuelAdams)
Arrays and Functions

[ #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; int getStatusCode(); float calcTaxAmt(); void displ...
[2 replies] Last: Hello tbirdlx89, Please edit your original post and use code tags. Wi... (by xismn)
wxWidgits3.02 & Code::Blocks13.12 problem?

ok so I'm guessing allot of you know what I'm about to say... Ive gone through 4 different copies of wx, i've done it a fair few ways this one might be my clos...
[5 replies] Last: lol ok now i think i'm upto the I statement thing that was said :P I t... (by BuzzCopter)
by Mr D
Ifstream issues

I am getting back into coding after a long break. Every time I run this code, the else block is always running. Yes, I have the correct pathing to the file, I t...
[6 replies] Last: Do you know that there are other reasons for the file to fail to open ... (by jlb)
Curses Key Definition Doesn't Work

I was learning curses (using Pluto Project PDCurses) when I found out the keypad key definitions doesn't really work. For example, this program shows nothing...
[3 replies] Last: 'ch' should be an int. (The returned key codes aren't just characte... (by Duthomhas)
Help understanding recursive function to compute factorials

Working through Stroustrup's PPP book. Below is my solution to Chp 6 exercise 10, which is a program for calculating permutations and combinations. I have two ...
[2 replies] Last: I don't have the time to really analyze your code very deeply, but the... (by Duthomhas)
Bracketing Search help

Requires: variables, data types, and numerical operators basic input/output logic (if statements, switch statements) loops (for, while, do-while) psudo random n...
[1 reply] : Please use variable names that provide meaning. While reading your co... (by kevinkjt2000)
to print 'x' no of integers per line

Hi Guys!, I have 156 integers to print. I want to get output in 12*13 matrix {1,2,2,2,2,3,3,4,4,4,4,4, 1,2,2,2,2,3,3,4,4,4,4,4, ...........................
[3 replies] Last: // http://ideone.com/XNI6JP #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #i... (by cire)
Error sending data via Socket

Hello, I'm working on a Kinect Application wich need to send the Real Coordenates of the face to another program, Matlab, now i've a Console application acting...
[no replies]
ARRAYS

I am getting an error when checking my code. error c2664: 'void getEmployeeData(int,int)' : cannot convert arugument 1 from 'int ' to 'int' what am i doi...
[2 replies] Last: LMAO i saw that right after i posted this. Now i feel stupid (by alphaburner)
Help With Sorting a Structure Array

OK my assignment is to make a data file with last names and quiz grades. Then read data into structure(structure should be able to hold atleast 100 records) and...
[7 replies] Last: There is no array of student last names , as your code currently stand... (by MikeyBoy)
how to read this text file?

First of all here is the file: 3 4 cat1 4 25 cat2 3 59 cat3 4 15 cat4 6 20 2 cat5 6 45 cat6 3 55 5 cat7 3 58 cat8 4 2 cat9 4 5 cat10 4 4 cat11 4 ...
[9 replies] Last: There are three obvious choices: 1. Dynamically allocate memory. Use ... (by keskiverto)
August 2015 Pages: 1... 2425262728
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.