Beginners - August 2017 (Page 10)

Visual Studio. Running Debug doesn't Debug.

Hello Starting to learn C++ with Ben Tristam's course which couples it with Unreal Engine. Pretty excited about it. I seem to have a problem to which my goo...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you @jonnin an @Handy Andy Silly me!​ I was putting the break... (by probiner)
Find a pair adding up to an exact number

Hi. I'm learning C++ by myself and I have stuck with this problem. Can anyone provide me some idea? You have a file of 10 integers. Write a program that inputs...
[12 replies] Last: > and that feels correct to ME here. An explicit return 0 ; at the ... (by JLBorges)
Difference between "const <class_name>&" and "<class_name> const&"

I am reading about the implicit copy constructor of cpp in case there is no an explicit one declared. *From cppreference: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/lang...
[1 reply] : 1. Nothing. Same, the X. 2. Both. See http://carlowood.github.io/cpp/... (by keskiverto)
doubts in the behaviour of thread::join()

I am trying to understand what thread::join() actually does. From here I found the definition I describe below: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15148057/wha...
[4 replies] Last: take a look at the implementation of pthread_create() in the Linux or... (by puertas12)
Run portable DBSCAN code from github

Hello, I need help getting some code from github work. I have a number of 2D points and want to cluster them into different sized clusters. I worked with std...
[no replies]
by Bopaki
The answer I have in Recursion is not the same as the one in the book

Write your question here. I am dealing with recursion. On exercise 12 of Walter Savitch textbook the answer is 6 but I get 36 on the mystery(3). Please help ...
[2 replies] Last: Here is my resolved answer snap shot: mystery 2 = 3 mystery 3 = 6 my... (by Bopaki)
what is wrong in this program

I want the program to show how much a month I should get in order to get an entered amount of income! The output is 0 in all cases, what is wrong! I just don...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by tariqles)
black screen

i am a beginner. when i compile the source code, it shows no error. but, when run, only black screen appeared. hope anyone could help me. #include<iostr...
[6 replies] Last: Even in that case there were two possible cases: 1. The program was i... (by keskiverto)
figure eight movement pattern

hello. i'm new to C++ and am looking for some help in adding some code to a game that i am coding so that a game object moves in a figure eight pattern around t...
[5 replies] Last: Create a function that returns a point on the curve. Give it the para... (by mbozzi)
what is wrong in this program

THE PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; double annualIncome(); void calculations(double annualIncome);...
[2 replies] Last: while it is legal to have the same name used all over, it is confusing... (by jonnin)
no matching function for call

Yo people! so basically trying to run this process. I don't find a good answer anywhere. what do I miss? void myHandler(const char *event, const ch...
[3 replies] Last: Line 8: You haven't shown the declaration for Process, so there is no... (by AbstractionAnon)
binary '<<': no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'const studentinfo

when i run this code , i am getting Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error C2679 binary '<<': no operator found which takes a ...
[3 replies] Last: why do i need to pass it as a const Because the compiler says: In i... (by Enoizat)
binary '<': no operator found

when i run this code, i get this error: Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error C2678 binary '<': no operator found which ta...
[16 replies] Last: why is it necessary to have this line inside the struct: bool operat... (by Enoizat)
binary '==' no operator found which takes a left hand operand of type Book

when i run this code , i got this error: binary '==' no operator found which takes a left hand operand of type Book # include <fstream> # include <s...
[10 replies] Last: i have defined bool operator == (Book const& lhs, Book const& rhs) { ... (by Enoizat)
by zantax
Some General Dumb Questions

I've been coding in C++ for awhile now (been through three courses) and I've gathered a big list of just little dumb questions that are too small to deserve the...
[6 replies] Last: the installer can determine the system capability. i don't know how ... (by jonnin)
Nested loops

Hi, i have a problem, if user chooses an N number of players, the program must has the limit of thta players, I mean if users chooses 3 players, it must shows N...
[3 replies] Last: Do you want the solution or hints? (by Enoizat)
by Faggio
how to convert a word to int

Hy guys i need a simple way to convert a generic word to int!
[2 replies] Last: Thank you a lot !! :) (by Faggio)
Celsius to Fahrenheit with while loop

I write the code for this problem but it doesn't work. Can anyone provide me some idea? Write a program that finds the temperature, as an integer, that is the ...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you guys. I figured out the problem. This is my code. #includ... (by thaooherb)
Concrete data type vs Abstract data type (data structures)

I have done some googling, and have found few examples of data structures for each data type. I just want to make sure if I am right. Abstract Data Type (ADT...
[1 reply] : No, you are still confused. ADT vs CDT is one of those dichotomies th... (by Duthomhas)
How do I set a range of numbers?

Basically, I need to write a program which would print numbers that are possible to divide by 3 from a set of [2, 16). The question is, how do I make one? ...
[7 replies] Last: Now I got it. Thank you. (by arczi w)
August 2017 Pages: 1... 89101112... 17
  Archived months: [jul2017] [sep2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.