Beginners - August 2017 (Page 7)

Anyone knows whats up?

Its a game of life. Loads everything from inp.in. Tough after the first step everything dies. Any ideas? Please explain if you have something, don't just do my...
[5 replies] Last: Though it is only a warning, it should be considered an error in most ... (by Chervil)
by Bopaki
I do not know what to do to solve this problem with iterators

Write your question here. I typed this program as it is in the textbook by Walter Savitch Put the code you need help with here. //Program to demonstrate...
[7 replies] Last: I don't have the book so I don't know what's wrong with it but 2006 is... (by Peter87)
by Tobruk
When to use namespace {} and when :: in multifile projects

Hello! :) I'm a bit at sea when it comes to both namespaces and externs. If I do this in file.cpp namespace ns { enum loc { ... }; // or class loc { ... } ...
[6 replies] Last: Hi, Tobruk. As a matter of fact, these files main.cpp: #include <ios... (by Enoizat)
Why won't code from this tutorial work?

I've been following a tutorial series by MakingGamesWithBen and have had no issues so far other than pointers not working. This is probably because he uses the ...
[1 reply] : The errors I spot at first glance are the missing parentheses that are... (by Peter87)
How do I create shapes like squares and circles by using c++

How do I create shapes like squares and circles by using c++? Which libraries should I use to achieve this task ?? What should be my approach ? Any guid...
[7 replies] Last: Nice functions, masecla33. (by Enoizat)
Palindrome, no spaces

So I've written a program to check whether a sentence is a palindrome or not. I specifically used an array for that and the program is supposed to ignore spaces...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry for being a little late, #include <iostream> #include <cstring... (by masecla33)
by h4ever
find substring & replace string

String like this: some thing:200 // some sentence I can find position of ":". But now I need to get the string "200" which is after the : and before a space....
[11 replies] Last: Yes. (Assuming that the type of prevLine is std::string )... (by JLBorges)
by Bopaki
What does this error mean in the file: Makefile.win

Write your question here. I am trying to compile my program and this is what I am getting: It is complaining about the outstream (operator<<) and its address....
[2 replies] Last: Are those the only "errors" reported? Why are you #including a .cpp f... (by jlb)
by h4ever
How to replace line read from file

I am trying to change the line when there is no chars in it. I tried this: line = line + "<h3>" + cStr.str() + "<h3>"; but it breaks the program during deb...
[3 replies] Last: I solved it like this: getline (ifs, line); if ( line.length() == 0... (by h4ever)
Why Do I Need the "Typename" Keyword here?

Consider this code: #include<iostream> #include<vector> using namespace std; template <class T> class MyClass { public: MyClass(unsigned g...
[3 replies] Last: > The name "vector<T>::iterator" is a dependent name because it depend... (by JLBorges)
Problem to read char arrays

So, I need to write a code where it reads 2 char arrays dynamically allocated, and then output what is in array1 that is not in array 2. BUT, my input Must hav...
[4 replies] Last: @Duthomhas Don't use ~0UL there! The result of the conversion from ~... (by mbozzi)
Program error

Hello. So this program should read N and then N numbers greater than 9 from a file, then if the first two digits of a number are not a perfect square it should ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks to both of you I got it to work (@lastchance and @keskiverto). ... (by FraNNNkie)
Rewrite if/else statement into switch statement?

How do I rewrite the following into switch statements? Do I have to define those conditions in the if parentheses? int x = 0; int i = 1, j = 2, k ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you. (by Enoizat)
Acces other class array elements

Howdy! I'm making a chunk system like minecraft ones, and I need to gather element from it's neighbor to optimize the faces drawn or not between the chunks. So...
[no replies]
I somehow got an integer repeated...

So I wrote this code. I was required to: Write into a new text file all integers between [1,16]. Output only those numbers inside the text file that are small...
[9 replies] Last: Hello Gieniusz Krab, Your welcome. Glad I could help. Cheers, Andy (by Handy Andy)
Help with selection sort

I've been working on this code for a while. I've got almost everything down except for the selection sort. It does not sort and displays garbage for empID inste...
[6 replies] Last: That edit somehow removes the sorted numbers and keeps the junk :o (by hihihello)
by pizza
Pointers Polymorphism

Hello guys! Thanks in advance for your interest. My question seems to be ridiculously long but I just want you guys to look at line 253~266. I swear to god this...
[7 replies] Last: Enoizat , TheIdeasMan Wow this is such a piece of advice.! I can't... (by pizza)
c++ on macbook air

Can anyone pls help me on how i can use my macbook air for compiling and excecuting c++ programs. Im a complete begingner in programming. Thanks.
[6 replies] Last: I'm running MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 (I haven't updated my OS in a while).... (by Hengry)
Struggling with C++ programming assignment

Hello everyone, I've just started a degree in Info Security and Networking and one of the fundamental courses I have to take is a Programming course on C++. Ri...
[9 replies] Last: Shorter? #include <iostream> int main() { char again = 'Y'; ... (by Enoizat)
by Bopaki
Getting an error on a line, but I cannot see what is wrong

Write your question here. I am trying to compile a file employee.cpp Put the code you need help with here. //This is the header file employee.h //This ...
[17 replies] Last: @Thomas1965, thank you for all your hints. I used Eclipse once for a P... (by Enoizat)
August 2017 Pages: 1... 56789... 17
  Archived months: [jul2017] [sep2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.