Beginners - August 2019 (Page 5)

Removing duplicate characters from string

I am working on some game in c++ and i have to remove duplicate characters from one string i read something on net but i dont wanna just to copy/pase code from ...
[8 replies] Last: > gets(str); Seriously, this is in your training material!? Sheesh. (by salem c)
by NP EP
Wonky conditional statement

Hey everyone, I'm conducting research and need to export a file containing data from one program, rearrange and possibly interpolate, for upload to another pro...
[3 replies] Last: Instead of comparing to see if the input number equals one of the poin... (by dhayden)
C++ Can't get files to compile?

Write your question here. Not sure What I'm doing wrong, but I'm not really familiar with how linking works if that's the problem. All files are in a fold...
[10 replies] Last: ... (by Duthomhas)
segmentation fault

Write your question here. I am trying to store the reminders during binary division in a dynamic array. I am getting a segmentation fault in while loop. Unable...
[2 replies] Last: You were taught C++ as an extension to C, weren't you? I'm so sorry. :... (by Albatross)
Question regarding Virtual

Hello, I am currently learning about how virtual is implemented in the Itanium ABI. Here is the layout of a class Bat that derives from the classes Bird and Mam...
[10 replies] Last: On this implementation, the default alignment of const void* has the... (by JLBorges)
sort function not found

Hello. My compiler is telling me that it cannot find the sort function. What did I do wrong? #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> #include <vector...
[10 replies] Last: Ah, I didn't notice that option, thanks. (by Ganado)
Calling a function (1,2)

i don't know how to call the function I created. #include <iostream> using namespace std; void maxmin (double* a, double& min, double& max, int size) ...
[20 replies] Last: [quote=TheToaster]This is why you should always initialize your variab... (by MikeyBoy)
palindrome print backwards

This program should check if the input is a (case and space insensitive) palindrome. If not, the reversed input should be printed. It works as it should, the on...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cctype> using namespa... (by lastchance)
SearchBar Using Xamarin

protected void Search(StackLayout layout) { SearchBar searchBar = new SearchBar { Placeholder = "Xamarin.Forms Property", }; layou...
[3 replies] Last: It's a robot, posting like clockwork once a week: Sun Jul 21 10:29pm ... (by dutch)
Pass by Value Assignment Operator? (1,2)

I have a question regarding assignment operators. Currently, let's say I have a class defined as follows: class Spreadsheet { public: Spreadsheet& o...
[23 replies] Last: Got it. Thank you. (by TheToaster)
by euan
Compiling

I have just put visual studio on to a new computer and and cannot compile. In the program it acts like it has done it but when I try to run I get no exe file an...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, I have got it now. I downloaded some extra bits for visual stu... (by euan)
Usage of noexcept with compile time expression

If we are given the following function: template< typename T > T sine( T const& a, T const& b ) noexcept { static_assert( noexcept( T(a / sqrt(a * ...
[3 replies] Last: The T(...) bit creates a temporary object of type T, as would happen... (by Albatross)
XOR

[3 replies] Last: if(a == b) means a ^ b = 0 and a ^ (b ^ c) = (a ^ b) ^c. use this two... (by gokuluffy)
Function with IF statements - Error?

I am new to c++ and been self learning, still a newbie. I have been doing exercises to practice. I have got a error with return value for my function. Can som...
[11 replies] Last: int highest(int a, int b, int c, int d) { if (a > b) { // the... (by keskiverto)
by ericM
conditional compiling depending on template type

Hello, I wish to conditionally compile a function depending on the template type provided. I need to do so to overcome compile error error: type 'double' ca...
[3 replies] Last: constexpr works exactly as I needed. Thanks! (by ericM)
length of subarray with xor = 0

i want to get the length of all the subarrays having xor = 0. For example if arr is 2,5,7,1,3 then subarrays with xor = 0 are 2,5,7 and 5,7,1,3. i have this cod...
[3 replies] Last: > // Return total count of subarrays having XOR of > // elemen... (by salem c)
(C++) Not printing to output correctly?

I set my values I want to print out on line 54 but it doesn't print out my values and also never asks me to enter my name? #include<iostream> #include<s...
[7 replies] Last: I can see that and I appreciate your help mate. (by TravCode)
by obeeey
Why program stops after reading into an array?

Hi, I'm just trying to figure out how to read into an array (word ) properly and there is something that I don't understand. My program does simple thing - ...
[2 replies] Last: It's a weirdness of entering an overly long word on the N-1th iteratio... (by salem c)
by Tyncho
Non-zero values

Hi. I am trying to solve an problem like this: */Enter non-zero values in the array*/ #include <iostream> #define m 3 #define n 3 using namespace std;...
[7 replies] Last: Hello Tyncho, The link I provided is a recent discussion on the subj... (by Handy Andy)
by Walkup
Deference Operator

I can't for the life of me figure out whats going on with the deference operator for mi in the if statements. Does it access the variable's address? Does is...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much! (by Walkup)
August 2019 Pages: 1... 345678
  Archived months: [jul2019] [sep2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.