Beginners - July 2019

by RicoJ
What iterator does .end() return exactly?

Now I am trying to write my own container and I need to return an end iterator using .end() function. I understand that for containers such as vector, end is si...
[11 replies] Last: Ok I got it, since we can compare two iterators by comparing their poi... (by RicoJ)
Data entry displaying

Write your question here. Guys is there a chance i can get help with displaying my database i have done inputing in file grades.dat? #include<stdio.h> ...
[4 replies] Last: Definitely TurboC++ India seems dedicated to it. (by dutch)
Can't understand this "for" cycle in the program (1,2)

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void print_partitions(int sum_val, int n) { int pos = 0, last = n - 1; int a ; // dynamic stack-allocated arrays a...
[20 replies] Last: Intentionally. "Learn on my own" makes "me" the teacher. "I" instructe... (by keskiverto)
Appending text in a QTextEdit

Hi everyone, I'm struggling a lot to append the text from a series of object files in an object array. The "display" function as I call it displays the conte...
[4 replies] Last: while (table != NULL) when that loop ends `table ' will be null the... (by ne555)
Clearing array of objects

Hi everyone, I'm having the following issue. I have made a GUI in Qt but it is crashing and I'm not sure of the reason. I've tried to debugged it to no succes...
[4 replies] Last: right so it needs to be { delete table ; table = 0; /... (by jonnin)
by Ashmor
C++ and SFML. Angles won't work, help!

Hey guys, I'm new to programming and SFML. I'm trying to make something like a canon. It's gonna fire balls that will be flying in an arc. Sounds like a very si...
[10 replies] Last: I improved my code, using some suvat formulas. It seems to be working ... (by Ashmor)
by RicoJ
Question - Unary Operator Overloading in Class

I am trying to overload dereference * in class node_itr. How do I know if the overloaded * operator will be bound to a left operand or a right operand? I un...
[4 replies] Last: Awesome, Thanks guys! :) (by RicoJ)
Buffer Overrun while writing.... Please help!

Hi there all. I am writing a little Hangman console-app in c++ to try and learn the language. It is mostly functional and can be played, but I have this Warnin...
[15 replies] Last: @DaveGold, By the way... The 'overrun' problem was only present in v... (by Niccolo)
Class Pointers to itself

How would I write the code that would make a pointer to a pair that contains any type as its .first and a pointer to itself as its .second pair<int, p...
[11 replies] Last: Don’t worry I’m not going anywhere near recursive macros anytime s... (by highwayman)
Please help clear my confusion about pointers/stack/heap

Hi, I am trying to understand pointers and meanwhile trying to choose which naming convention to choose. (int* pointer / int *pointer) I leaned most of the t...
[11 replies] Last: At least others with the same/similar questions will benefit from this... (by George P)
by berce
Rotate the amount of increase; X times (1,2)

Hi, dear all I have a question I hopeful that do you help me to get the result I want The problem is; I want to rotate 20 times. but the "for loop" does not...
[20 replies] Last: //1 3 5 7 9 11 amount of number:6 counter of loop: 6-1:5(2-2-2-2-2) ... (by keskiverto)
header files - first step

Hello to all forum members, Probably more than one knows this task, but although it seems very simple, it completely does not go out. I have to create 3 file...
[13 replies] Last: A note on Visual Studio This error: The "CL.exe" command terminat... (by Niccolo)
Roast me (1,2,3)

Ok maybe not exactly, but I need someone to tell me the failings of my division function because it doesn’t feel right anyone mind helping me? Sorry for not ...
[43 replies] Last: Oh, awesome! :) (by highwayman)
getting datas from XML : NetSuite WebService

I want to get data from NetSuite WebService . This is how my code looks like: public class HomeController : Controller { WebServiceGenesisSoap...
[no replies]
Copy-and-Swap idiom/Move Semantics

Hello, today I just learned about the copy-and-swap idiom. In my textbook, they also give an example of how to implement move assignment and move ctors using th...
[6 replies] Last: A third example comes to mind, though a simple example case is a bit c... (by Niccolo)
create a purchase function

hello ! I am new here. I need your help.I created program for inventory management. Please guide to purchase a particular product and after purchasing a prod...
[3 replies] Last: Hello umairbilal, I have been working on the program and have some qu... (by Handy Andy)
by atoken
read a text file store then write to it.

I am working on a school project where I have to create a time clock (which I have working) and store the clock in and our data in a file(which is also working)...
[9 replies] Last: @highwayman, Isn’t seekg only supposed to be for input and not ou... (by Handy Andy)
debug window: watches. show vector<bool> values

hi community when lm trying to show a vector<bool> values in the watches debugger window, it says: side effects are not allowed. what l put is: myVector.Mem...
[2 replies] Last: All those answer they only works with no boolean vector I already pos... (by vincentthorpe)
fractions/mixed numbers

This program should take two inputs (numerator and denominator) and rewrite the function in simplified form, if numerator>denominator, it should be rewritten...
[9 replies] Last: I would go out of my way to throw your error when den is set to zero. ... (by jonnin)
Help counting sentence

Hello! I am making a project for Programming 1. I need to count sentences, they need to start with a capital letter and finish with a dot. My code works if a wr...
[4 replies] Last: I made something like this, and for the tests I did it works. i=... (by MaximilianoP90)
July 2019 Pages: 123... 11
  Archived months: [jun2019] [aug2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.