Beginners - December 2012 (Page 54)

The Game Lobby program revisited

Hello everyone. I am teaching myself about C++ programming and having a blast doing it. Not to long ago I bought a book, C++ through game programming 3rd editio...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks a bunch cire. That worked perfect. Now if I could just combine ... (by Nutnwerkz)
How to deal with pointers with structures

Last week I took new things about pointers, but to be honest it always makes me confused and I face difficulties with it! Here is a question about structures...
[2 replies] Last: It seems ok to me. You've completed the assignment in a competent way... (by kbw)
Simple Pointer Question

I don't understand why the out put is: 98 98 98 98 When was x and y ever initialized? Code is: int x; int y; ...
[5 replies] Last: It's true the code didn't compile. Either it was a simple typing error... (by Chervil)
How to do things without declaring global identifiers or I'm Stuck!

Hey guys I have a project I'm working on for a beginning CS class. This forum has been ridiculously helpful in the past so I'm hoping I can learn a little bit ...
[11 replies] Last: There are very many ways to approach this. You could by all means cont... (by Chervil)
Want to change something. Idk how.

I want to make it so if someone has 0 absences, it adds 2 points to their "Grade". How would I go about doing this? Here is my code: #include <iostream> #i...
[2 replies] Last: If you want it to be extensible, you could use a modifier. int gr... (by pogrady)
Character Movement

Hello, I'm currently trying to make a text based game. The objective is to get my Protagonist to move on a invisble map using W,A,S,D to move and display the co...
[1 reply] : a 2D array to keep your playing field would work. You could move them ... (by deviants)
result for class average is incorrect please help!!!

i have to Write a program that reads a student's name, together with his or her test scores for at most 50 students from a file, provided by users of your progr...
[3 replies] Last: No, for 2 reasons. First, I have no idea what your intentions were for... (by Raezzor)
please solve this

2. Write a program to calculate the average of n numbers & then compute the deviation of each number about the average..using arrays
[no replies]
Remove characters from array(0-9)

hello, i kept trying to figure out a function to remove digits from a char array, any help ?! ^^ this is what i have so far. void elimnation(char arr , c...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, that is why i needed the aux var for. void elimnation(char sir1... (by flavius doroftei)
Data structure

I have to do this exercise: Data Structure about shopping. Information on the sale and purchase of a company will be saved in a data structure. Struct cons...
[5 replies] Last: something to start with, I think I can do the structure but the functi... (by manutmac)
by mamix
Linked List inside another Linked List

Ok, since I had trouble implementing and populating my created lists (list within a list) and since I didn't find any valuable information on the web, I decided...
[8 replies] Last: //function addBill definition void addBill(int account_id, int billin... (by mamix)
Problem with an easy exercise :S

Hello folks :) I'm reading the book "Programming principles and practice using c++" of Bjarne Stroustrup. At page 293 and exercise(drill) 1... i cant make...
[6 replies] Last: ahh... thanks alot (by Assassinbeast)
by Tate
Help with Output in a String...

My program works correctly if the input entered matches the "product code" and the "color code" protocols provided in the program. But if the user enters t...
[8 replies] Last: No problem, Methodos. Thank you for letting me know. :-) (by Tate)
Using selection sort for C

How can I use selection sort for my array, sorting it and then printing it out from highest to lowest. int grade = {10, 18, 22, 15, 9, 0, 15, 18, 76, 58};...
[3 replies] Last: Same thing just change if(array < array ) to if(array > array... (by Scorpic)
by Borab
Issue with converting from octal to decimal

Hey, I'm trying to write a program that converts a number from octal to decimal, but it's not working out for me. Here's what I have so far: #include <io...
[2 replies] Last: Wow thanks so much, didn't notice lol. (by Borab)
using struct

I am examining the code of the Filemaker plug-in SDK. struct FMX_ExternCallStruct; typedef struct FMX_ExternCallStruct *FMX_ExternCallPtr; typedef void (*FMX_E...
[1 reply] : you need to include the definition of the struct in order to use it (by coder777)
by dusty
Trouble with fstream

I'm trying to pull up a file called "test" to just run some temperatures through a program. The file is just numbers. The file should stop being read when it en...
[1 reply] : line 21 should be while ((tempfunction (temp) != 0)) (by SamuelAdams)
by Jasser
Help with Hangman Game

Newbie here, need help with my code for Hangman. Here is my code #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <ctime> #include <cstdlib> ...
[8 replies] Last: Did you update the code in your original post so we can see the chang... (by SamuelAdams)
Rational numbers input

//My "rational" class is made up of two int: "num", the nominator, and "den", the denominator. istream& operator >> (istream& Is, rational& r) { char c...
[no replies]
Input works, output doesnt

So it lets me put everything in for the input ID/Name/Test Scores but then It doesn't give me a report back of what was input, how do i do that? #include <i...
[3 replies] Last: put this on line 33, move return down 1 line. getch(); ... (by SamuelAdams)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 5253545556... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.