Beginners - December 2012

Pick random string from Array

#include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <time.h> int main () { srand ( time(NULL) ); //i...
[2 replies] Last: Never thought it was this simple, thought you had to at least use clas... (by dadrack)
Why does standard out print inf?

I am trying to print out the area of a circle of radius 5 with the following code. #include <ios...
[2 replies] Last: You area assigning the value of radius to itself. When the compiler b... (by pogrady)
by tilon
Hello,about addition...

Hello,When I enter the number a and b, it just prints the value of b and won't add a and b together ...
[2 replies] Last: It will produce fictitious results with c is equal to 50. Boundary co... (by Incis B)
Sorting? Or Searching (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

So this is my code up until now. I want to put in a search option however I don't know what type of ...
[133 replies] Last: int x = array ; int i = top - 1; int j = bottom + 1; ... (by faieq92)
do while loop

Print the sequence using do while loop. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
[4 replies] Last: That's not a do-while loop, though. (by Athar)
CMD

How do you tell a project to output things using cout to the command line? When I 'run' my project (...
[5 replies] Last: CTRL+F5 will run it without the debugger, and will hold the console op... (by Stewbond)
by Ch1156
How do i put a vector in a class?

I tried putting a vector in my class but it wont let me do it it keeps giving me errors. here is my ...
[10 replies] Last: In the constructor, you need nothing, it's a class and it gets automat... (by S G H)
SDL Mob Class Remake

Well this is my remake of my last topic, which is buried under 100s of different topics now in the G...
[14 replies] Last: Oh :D Thanks!!! (by Fredbill 30)
by Aceix
Easy to solve problem about rand()

Why does this give me the same number every time? ie: 3 string fnRandom() { srand(NULL); ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for your help! It makes sense that it is not needed to call sra... (by Rayquaza4096)
dynamically allocating array

I still dont understand pointers and references really. I found this segment of code somewhere on th...
[8 replies] Last: Yeah, exactly, that's it! The second code also had a memory leak. (by S G H)
Simple calender program.

I am a calender program which should look like this. S M Tu W Th F S 2 3 4 5 ...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; //PROTO... (by princemoon)
wrong in sort function

Hi, This Program shows total salary for each employee but after sorting in sort function It shows du...
[8 replies] Last: Because you can't initialize it that way. May use strcpy() or make i... (by ne555)
help me with iterator declaration!

1 #include <iostream> 2 #include <string> 3 #include <vector> 4 #include <sstream> ...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=cppreference] template<typename T> struct S { template<type... (by Catfish3)
functors!

I compile the following code, suggested by someone, but i get the following compilation error: s...
[4 replies] Last: @jinanzhaorenbo Because the comparison function is not supposed to mod... (by Peter87)
help me with functors

Hi, the following is my code, i have two questions: first, in line 7, why can't i make ba1 and ba...
[4 replies] Last: why must i put 'const' in this case? (by jinanzhaorenbo)
by DPA
Help Me!!!!!!!!!!

Dear All I am making a 2-player tic-tac-toe game in c++ (compiler: turbo c++ 3.0) but my code jus...
[6 replies] Last: no turbo c++ 3.0 does not support namespaces. I know that my compiler... (by DPA)
converting one type to another

i see numerous different ways of converting one type to another. static_cast<int>(some_float) will...
[6 replies] Last: well the str to char i used the same method as char to string char C... (by metulburr)
i/o problems

void SaveData(Details Data , int size){ ofstream DataSave("test.txt"); if( Datasave.is_open(...
[1 reply] : It doesn't know what the class "Details" is. Its not a predefined typ... (by pogrady)
Logical OR isn't working Properly

Hello (: I'm learning C++ obviously and my friend let me borrow his C++ book from school called "Beg...
[2 replies] Last: wow, simple fix. thanks a lot. I need to be more cautious of my errors... (by dValdriz)
by Kovs95
Fun with Functions

Write a function titled say_hello() that outputs to the screen "Hello" ★ Modify the function so t...
[11 replies] Last: Ah I used "cout << hello" before but I didn't have the loop right! Tha... (by Kovs95)
December 2012 Pages: 123... 64
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.