Beginners - December 2012 (Page 3)

Tempates (Header vs. Source)

Alright so I have a specific question and I've tried to look it up and I've found several answers to...
[2 replies] Last: Alright, so I did not find that in my search, I didn't realize that th... (by Genreninja)
by Kovs95
Life, the Universe, and Everything

our program is to use the brute-force approach in order to find the Answer to Life, the Universe, an...
[5 replies] Last: Awesome! thanks for that explanation! Until nextime (by Kovs95)
little to fix it array(little hey little ho) (1,2)

hello again people in the world can somebody help me .... a little to fix it, it just the lowest an...
[23 replies] Last: Thank you to all who help me .. for the code it help fun2code and to ... (by closed account 4y79216C)
by bdwg
Declaring a vector in a header file.

I have two problems. 1. I would like to make a vector with initial length, say 10, within a clas...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! For anyone who this might help: To fix it, in the constructor ... (by bdwg)
storage size of array isnt known error

i am not really sure what to do. char a ; I thought that this was the way to declare an unknown a...
[2 replies] Last: A string is already an array of chars. You can obtain a pointer to the... (by Cubbi)
Use of "%" operator in this way.

I need a little help in understanding this, if someone could. if ((iii % 3)==0) continue; ...
[1 reply] : It's the modulus operator: its job is to divide the left operand by th... (by closed account zb0S216C)
attempting to index strings

coming from python this would seem like valid code, but it gives warnings and "-fpermissive g++ will...
[4 replies] Last: ah yes, the {} and semicolons. I always forget them. Thanks I have an... (by metulburr)
by soje
chai.lib

I'm trying to build a soultion in MVC++ 2010, a JUCE interface. However, when I get this error: ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your kind reply :-) I guess I wasn't quite clear. I realiz... (by soje)
by adrem7
Getting used to functions (tidying my code)

I have several long pieces of code, but never bother using functions in them as it is just another t...
[1 reply] : I suggest you to look at std::valarray it allows you to operate wit... (by ne555)
confused on results

I am confused on why while (! (cin >> num_grade)) would be false on the condition the input was not ...
[2 replies] Last: ok i didnt know that it has the ability to do that by itself, thanks. (by metulburr)
std::cout and using namespace std?

What's the difference between std::cout and using namespace std? is std::cout a difference program...
[13 replies] Last: I prefer to use it. Always avoid it in header files, though. (by moorecm)
unable to overload function

How come this works for int and string but it wont for float? #include <iostream> using names...
[2 replies] Last: Or use float the specifier on your floating point number: build.print... (by jlb)
Is there a difference between the terms: Dynamic Array and Variable Length Array?

Hello there! While looking at the google C++ style guide I noticed they mention they don't allow ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you very much, those are interesting thoughts. :) I appreciate y... (by joseplusplus)
Validation from values in a Vector Array

I'm trying to do a validation from int values in a vector. I've tried using pointers and a bunch of ...
[1 reply] : There's no way for us to advise you without seeing your vector and how... (by Zhuge)
by flony1
questions about implementation and linking

hello friends ... I will not be breaking the rules of the forum with the question that will, no stud...
[2 replies] Last: thank you very much. The solution to my problem. static libraries. arc... (by flony1)
g++ supports two ways of calling a function from the std namespace

Hi there, I'd like to know why is the following code correct according to g++: #include <cstring>...
[2 replies] Last: the standard specifically allows implementations to include strlen( ) ... (by Cubbi)
Urgent help required for a grading system

hey guys, im new to C++ and im doin an assignment. In my problem, you gotta search for a student's n...
[3 replies] Last: @jlb and @Chervil , thnks so much guys!!! I tried it n it works! how s... (by skyfirestalker)
including header causes error, but including cpp does not

in main.cpp if i include the header files, it raises the error metulburr@ubuntu:~/Documents/cplusp...
[4 replies] Last: > What if you wanted to distribute the source instead of pre compiling... (by JLBorges)
vector subscript out of range

I've been using visual C++ Express to work through some elementary exercises... After I receive ...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <alg... (by JLBorges)
Rename Problem...

Hi! Look At this code: #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <cstdlib> #include <cm...
[3 replies] Last: I didn't get that particular error. But it would suggest the remove()... (by Chervil)
December 2012 Pages: 12345... 64
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.