Beginners - November 2012

How to output UNICODE in c++?

Hi, I want to output chess symbols (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_symbols_in_Unicode) from uni...
[4 replies] Last: In Dev C++, using wcout and _setmode(_fileno(stdout), _O_WTEXT); ... (by tayyabatiq)
array won't define

#include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; double a ; doubl...
[1 reply] : Those arrays inside of your if statements are creating a new array cal... (by firedraco)
It's me again

Hi everyone, my assignment for this week has me stumped once again. I have several questions and pro...
[4 replies] Last: Employee CPP File // Preprocessor Directives #include "stdafx.h" ... (by dudeman007)
Writing a function assistance

I'm working a hw assignment and was hoping someone could take a look at it and tell me if I'm on the...
[3 replies] Last: Write a function lessThan that returns a value of true when the count... (by cire)
stumped on c++ program

Write a c++ program that requests a password and verifies that it is a valid password. To be val...
[14 replies] Last: Thank you SO VERY MUCH for you help :) (by nenakay)
Using Overloaded stream extraction operator Compiler Error: no match for 'operator>>' in 'std::cin >> c'

Hello, I am relatively new to programming and cannot figure out what the problem is. I get a c...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome I got it fixed. Thank you for your advice. (by joey3638r)
Get ip from domain - gethostbyname - Help please

Okay so ive been trying to figure this out and it is trolling me soo bad :/ I can't seem to figure i...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks heaps :D, its a little confusing for me because i'm just beggin... (by kingpulse)
help with calling functions using arrays

The assignment is rather easy we are given a program shell and just have to correctly call the funct...
[1 reply] : the problem i am having is with the void DisplayArray(int A , int N... (by byronflds)
COMPLETE NOOB CODING AND PROGRAMMING MATERIALS

Hey ladies and guys, so just as the title states I'm like a fetus to the world of coding and program...
[1 reply] : When first thinking of how to write a program it can be helpful to use... (by Raezzor)
array won't properly display

ok so I have a program that is supposed to randomly generate a character array, count each letter in...
[1 reply] : Your createArray() function only creates an array temporarily. It disa... (by fun2code)
two dimensional array reading from textfile

my program is supposed to read 16 numbers from a file and input them into a two dimensional array. I...
[no replies]
Bubble Sort

removed.
[2 replies] Last: I'm gonna make this poster disappear... click... he's gone... Cultu... (by Catfish3)
Moving Characters with keyboard arrows

How do I move characters with keyboard arrows? I don't know how to use kbhit() if it's needed. I'...
[5 replies] Last: Obviously I forgot to post later on thursday but here's a primitive wa... (by SatsumaBenji)
undefined reference to `WinMain@16' in eclipse

Hello, I've gotten this linking error for some time now, and I've been trying to figure out how to s...
[5 replies] Last: When I say bare bones, I mean: "g++ -Wall *.cpp -oprogram.exe -llua" a... (by TheBreadCat)
by prees
multiple inputs

Hey, I'm pretty good with Java but I'm taking a c++ course to learn it and I am hating it. anyway...
[2 replies] Last: The user can always enter variables on the same line or on different l... (by James2250)
Multiple compilation errors LNK2019

I have multiple errors relating to my source code https://www.dropbox.com/s/qii6ti08xydelve/Co...
[5 replies] Last: Lines 169, 171, and 174 shouldn't compile. On line 168, you declare c... (by Branflakes91093)
Storing data from a file into an array

Ok, so I'm given let's say a set of data in a .txt file that reads: width length height area width ...
[6 replies] Last: I mean, I don't really know. What we have to do is for the read functi... (by ndawg201)
Implementing classes and creating a driver function?

I am having a few issues with this program, they stem from passing the color.h and .cpp into another...
[no replies]
Question about Run Length Encoding

Hi, if we take for example 32bits: 1111 1000 0000 1000 0001 1111 1100 0000, how does it become (24bi...
[3 replies] Last: @pq1wx1p Did you mis-type the 4th and 6th group of bits in the RLE ver... (by andywestken)
by sabi20
How do you pass a dyanamically created array struct to a function

How do u pass a dynamically created struct to a function by reference. I cant get this to work i kee...
[14 replies] Last: thank you (by sabi20)
November 2012 Pages: 123... 74
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.