Beginners - November 2012

undefined reference to `WinMain@16' in eclipse

Hello, I've gotten this linking error for some time now, and I've been trying to figure out how to solve it, but no luck so far. I'm using Eclipse CDT, with 32...
[5 replies] Last: When I say bare bones, I mean: "g++ -Wall *.cpp -oprogram.exe -llua" a... (by TheBreadCat)
by prees
multiple inputs

Hey, I'm pretty good with Java but I'm taking a c++ course to learn it and I am hating it. anyways this is my question: I am trying to have the user input...
[2 replies] Last: The user can always enter variables on the same line or on different l... (by Hippogriff)
Multiple compilation errors LNK2019

I have multiple errors relating to my source code https://www.dropbox.com/s/qii6ti08xydelve/Coursework1.cpp the erros im getting are: 1> All out...
[5 replies] Last: Lines 169, 171, and 174 shouldn't compile. On line 168, you declare c... (by Branflakes91093)
Storing data from a file into an array

Ok, so I'm given let's say a set of data in a .txt file that reads: width length height area width length height area width length height area How do you just...
[6 replies] Last: I mean, I don't really know. What we have to do is for the read functi... (by ndawg201)
Implementing classes and creating a driver function?

I am having a few issues with this program, they stem from passing the color.h and .cpp into another .h and .cpp, and frankly getting how those two things reall...
[no replies]
Question about Run Length Encoding

Hi, if we take for example 32bits: 1111 1000 0000 1000 0001 1111 1100 0000, how does it become (24bits) 1011 1110 0011 0110 1111 0110 after RLE is applied? W...
[3 replies] Last: @pq1wx1p Did you mis-type the 4th and 6th group of bits in the RLE ver... (by andywestken)
by sabi20
How do you pass a dyanamically created array struct to a function

How do u pass a dynamically created struct to a function by reference. I cant get this to work i keep getting error at the function call saying: " error: canno...
[14 replies] Last: thank you (by sabi20)
Programming Isola(Game) -PLease help with errors!!

Heres what I have so far: bool valid_location(string location) // checks to make sure the string location defines a valid spot on the board. // input : s...
[no replies]
Inheritance + Arrays

Hi! I've made my program running, but as soon as I try to create my object, it crashes. It looks something like this (of course I'm writing just the most impo...
[3 replies] Last: OH. MY. GOD. That one letter. Thank you very much! (by Malegria)
SegFault Problem

In my computer science class, we were to take the following .txt file and arrange it so that it takes in the first two names in two separate strings and the num...
[15 replies] Last: @ KennethQ: there is a lot of room left for improvement. For instanc... (by Catfish3)
java to c++ conversion

Someone please help me with this code its in java and I only know c++ please convert this for me or suggest me a good java to c++ converter. Thanks in advance ...
[1 reply] : This is trivial even if you've never dealed with Java. You hardly need... (by Athar)
Calling functions

When I run the programme and Select Option B then A it does not call the function member_dimensions() or come to that nay function which is selected https:...
[no replies]
Shutdown using code ?

How to shut down windows using a c++ program ...? (i.e. a program that ,when executed shuts down the windows, by any means necessary)
[6 replies] Last: yes it helps me.. ;) thanx (by Pter0dactyl)
function vs macro

What is the difference between an inline function and a macro.What I know is both of them expand and no control is passed anywhere when these are used.
[no replies]
getting entire line to read from a file.

Hello, I have a program I am trying to run that allows me to read in a question from a file and then also read in the answer from a file. I have 5 questions, th...
[2 replies] Last: The >> operator only reads the first word. Apparently you want to read... (by toum)
G++ error undefined reference

this is the second time i have had this issue when passing values to and from my functions so i am clearly not getting the concept. This is really the first ti...
[no replies]
logical error entering while

I am attempting to enter a while loop but for some reason my logic is off. It enters the loop exactly when i dont want it to. i want the range to be either 1,2...
[4 replies] Last: ahhh seee im dumb im so used to wanting to enter the loop with the val... (by jumperkid400)
Virtual output help and overloading <<

resolved
[2 replies] Last: nvm stupid Visual studio wanted me to include <string> and i can direc... (by penny9key)
Is there a way to get a list of class members programmatically?

Is there a way to get a list of class members programmatically?
[1 reply] : No. (by firedraco)
by sirc89
C-Strings

#include <fstream> // for ifstream #include <iostream> // for cin, cout and cerr #include <string> // for the string datatype #include <cstdlib> // needed...
[3 replies] Last: got it needs to be if (str != "\n") (by sirc89)
November 2012 Pages: 123... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.