Beginners - October 2012

Passing vs returning a class object

I can't seem to grasp when to choose which method to populate a class object. Why would I choose ...
[2 replies] Last: Why would I choose one of the following ways of creating a class obje... (by helios)
Error: invalid conversion from `char*' to `char'

I'm writing a program that converts a roman numeral to a decimal value. On line 28, I get an error t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much! That got rid of that error. Although, now it`s s... (by stefflera)
WHAT IS GOING ON.

My brain doesn't seem to be working right now. I have no idea what the hell I am doing wrong, this i...
[4 replies] Last: better version of convertion of temperature // Convertion of degree C... (by princesslumy)
Singly Linked List

Can anyone help me? I want to insert data before head. example : 3 4 5 I want insert 2 befor...
[2 replies] Last: may be, this can help you http://faishalmovic13.wordpress.com/2012/11/... (by faishalmovic13)
Shift Operator Queue

Hey Guys, I'm sorry before. I don't know about Shift Operator. I got task to write a program usin...
[2 replies] Last: you can see my blog http://faishalmovic13.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/pro... (by faishalmovic13)
by rm214
Always 1 thing that doesn't work.

So I am working with arrays and the idea is that the function finds the element in the array (I need...
[no replies]
Sequential file access

So i'm trying to create a program that will read a file "Workers.txt" and read the numbers from it t...
[1 reply] : You have to create ofstream object to write into a file. say ofstream ... (by vichu8888)
polymorphism

i can not understand this.please help me.
[1 reply] : Which part? (by LB)
by Sh0
Getting all file names in current directory

Hey all, just wondering if you could give me a hand figuring our directories in c++. Basically wh...
[2 replies] Last: My mistake, going off of: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa36... (by Sh0)
File open in array

how do i get a file to open its content into my array. #include <iostream> #include <string> #inc...
[no replies]
Standard deviation

for i=0 to arraySize-1 sum = sum + (arrayVal - ave)^2 standDev = sqrt((1.0/arraySize)*sum) ...
[no replies]
String Object from iostream to stdio.h issue

--EDITED QUESTION-- Hi there I'm new to this forum and c++. I'm working through a c++ book that uses...
[no replies]
How to set size on an array post compile

Hello, I'm new to this website and I am pretty excited to be a part of this community now. I am ...
[5 replies] Last: An array's length must be constant and known during a declaration con... (by helios)
program for getting and setting tasks

so i've completely re-written this program. entering tasks works and searching for tasks also works...
[no replies]
HELP: Rational Number Class - Overloading the comparison, insertion & extraction operators

For this program, I have to write a class for Rational Number and do the following: 1) Two data m...
[1 reply] : I have absolutely no idea how, in my case, operator overloading is don... (by faizdar)
by EJonah
Help with program please

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { float A, G, V, ...
[4 replies] Last: When i input: A 1.0 2.0 3.0 G 5.0 4.0 3.0 V 2.3 4.9 6.7 A 3.7 4.3 9.... (by EJonah)
Help with if else statement

Hello, im learning functions and doing a program for class. It compiles but it doesnt hit my if stat...
[1 reply] : I don't see any reason your if statements wouldn't be executed. Have ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Please Help

New here, but i cant seem to fix this code. Very new to C++ if someone could help me out here that ...
[1 reply] : Line 22: Statement is incomplete. Line 23: You've written the funct... (by AbstractionAnon)
function does not take 0 arguments error. PLEASE HELP!

I keep getting the function does not take 0 arguments error. I have read a few other posts and sort ...
[5 replies] Last: It works perfect now! Thank you very VERY much! You're AWESOME!!! (by mwingard)
Variable comparison

I'm looking to examine a series of differing integer results and discard any results that don't appe...
[3 replies] Last: A map<int,int> might be easier than a vector. A map makes sure the ke... (by AbstractionAnon)
October 2012 Pages: 123... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.