Beginners - October 2012

Please Help

New here, but i cant seem to fix this code. Very new to C++ if someone could help me out here that would be great. #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> ...
[1 reply] : Line 22: Statement is incomplete. Line 23: You've written the funct... (by AbstractionAnon)
function does not take 0 arguments error. PLEASE HELP!

I keep getting the function does not take 0 arguments error. I have read a few other posts and sort of recognize where my problem is but I can't figure out how ...
[5 replies] Last: It works perfect now! Thank you very VERY much! You're AWESOME!!! (by mwingard)
Variable comparison

I'm looking to examine a series of differing integer results and discard any results that don't appear more at least 3 times. and then obviously I need to colle...
[3 replies] Last: A map<int,int> might be easier than a vector. A map makes sure the ke... (by AbstractionAnon)
PROGRAM NOT WORKING

Anyone can help? I typed this code into a WIN32 Console application. Some things that I wanted to be displayed were not displayed. the only thing that comes ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks. (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
pseudocode

Im struggling on turning this into a code tha will find standard deviation, Can someone help? for i=0 to arraySize-1 sum = sum + (arrayVal - ave)^2 stan...
[no replies]
guys pls help. if else statement

here's a sample problem. can anyone pls help? A program that will accept the following: 1. Plate Number of a car. 2. Parking Level 3. Number of Hours Park...
[4 replies] Last: else cout<<"invalid input"; } { Your code is not in the... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by CptSJP
*** glib detected *** vectors

Hi I'm writing a program that takes a randomly generated vector and checks that vector to see if there are any repeated elements. If there are, I am to delete t...
[no replies]
Passing arguments by-Value and by-Reference

I'm getting an error that says "meter is being used with being initialized". I am converting the void function converToMeters to a double. I might have done t...
[5 replies] Last: Wow, I'm not sure how I missed that, because it's right in my notes...... (by Reynolds773)
Trying to get a variable to randomly add or subtract from it

Hey guys im currently working on a simple programming game here are the parameters: Rules Mel Gibson has a randon number of bullets when the game starts. Use...
[no replies]
A program to display Nth Prime number

Hi guys am new in the forum. I need help in compiling a program that gives the next prime number example if someone says 5 then the program will give the next p...
[1 reply] : First of all format your code using the <> button so it's easier to re... (by Gulshan Singh)
Visual studio error

i get this error when i try to run the program it gives me the following error: ConsoleApplication3.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'O:\Users\KingdomHeart2\Documents\...
[4 replies] Last: thanks (by oleshka)
by G3PO
Rewriting a Program using Functions

So I wrote a program that basically takes two numbers and counts from 0 to the first number and back down, then will count the numbers between the two. It works...
[3 replies] Last: Yes that helped a lot monad! Thank you very much! (by G3PO)
How to determine points on/in a square?

I have a square, with x y coordinates entered. (0,0) (0,2) (2,2) (2,0) This coordinates will make up a square. The points on the square would be (0,1) (1...
[13 replies] Last: Requirements is to be able to store x,y. Inheritance and polymorphism ... (by b1b2b3b4)
Trouble with String!

I'm having a lot of trouble using string in my program. Once the program runs it asks for a name and then 3 separate numbers. We are just learning about sub fu...
[1 reply] : See this function? Employee_Name has no value. You made it, and the... (by Moschops)
by tko123
Function Requirments

I am having a problem making the three values return a single true or false. I made each value return true and false but the question below says i need to mak...
[7 replies] Last: There are a few problems with your if statements, take a look here for... (by Computergeek01)
i have two 2day array programs with systems to detect chars on the board, what is wrong with them?

they dont detect anything or they do detect everything...in one case in the bunny game i do have success in clearing the board of all 'm' and 'f' chars...howev...
[5 replies] Last: BABIES XD i will implement that and see how it works, thats clever, o... (by devonrevenge)
using namespace std;

what is the difference between "using namespace std" and #include <iostream>. I know iostream is included to use cout function. But when using dev C++ platform,...
[14 replies] Last: so std is the name space inside header file. Thank you all. (by msdagiya)
I dont really know where to start

I have bought beginning C++ through game programming and i am so stuck one one of the last practice exercises, ive been trying to figure it out for the past 2 d...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Book]Improve the Lobby class from the Game Lobby program by wr... (by LB)
read file problem (1,2,3)

i wan to read this txt 2 CSCI124 Applied Programming 6 2 Alice 56 Bob 75 CSCI114 Procedural Programming 6 3 Nancy 89 Paul 67 Lisa 58 a...
[48 replies] Last: I'm not sure what you mean. If you want only a part of a function, bre... (by coder777)
CUrsor control

How can I make a program that would enable the user to move the cursor using the keyboard directional buttons? Need urgent help!
[1 reply] : Look here.. http://v2.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/83406/ ... (by whitenite1)
October 2012 Pages: 123... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.