Beginners - September 2012

Zombie window / blank cmd / hello world

just wanted to start by saying hello and thanks for any help you guys can give me. Okay im very new to the C++ world but i cant even start at the moment. ...
[12 replies] Last: [-1 from TheJJJunk for suggesting the use of " system( ) "] [quote=... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by dlt
linked list and matching function parameters

I'm trying to write a function that adds an entry to the beginning of a linked list. I've actually pretty much copied the function exactly like it is from the b...
[no replies]
sin program using while (extreme newby)

Hi all. first I have looked and searched and found similar but not quite what i was looking for. I am new to c+ literally 3weeks in and I have a problem. I wrot...
[9 replies] Last: I got it load and clear. anks for the info. I really appreciate it. I ... (by bigman40)
Connect Four Help

So I have this program that uses a C4Col class that will represent the columns of a Connect 4 board. It also has the C4Board class which creates an array of C4C...
[no replies]
Multiplying decimals

I'm trying to multiply a decimal number with an integer. C++ keeps rounding up my decimal before multiplying, therefore resulting in an integer answer when i ...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=ajung90] "C++ keeps rounding up my decimal before multiplying" ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
i need help with the calculation part of this program urgently i am new to c++

#include <iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; int main() { //variables// string Gender = ""; string Activitylevel = ""; double Weight...
[16 replies] Last: You're welcome! Glad I was able to help. (by leftcoast)
Accessing a vector of class object function

I am trying to implement a vector of a class that when certain inputs from the user are keyed in, elements are assigned via a member function while simultaneous...
[1 reply] : Sorry I cannot explain now but this is the code. You can compare and s... (by Aceix)
Error Converting String to Double

I'm trying to convert a string to a double. I read in from a file into a char array. I took the array and built a string without any spaces. Now, I'm trying ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah! Dumb mistake. Thanks for that! (by apeachaday)
by EZX
Getting a sum of these numbers [c++]

How can i calculate the SUM of all these numbers that show up? the numbers are from 1-100 which can be divided by 3 but at the same time CANNOT be divided by 2....
[4 replies] Last: works flawlessly Thanks guys! (by EZX)
File handling

the programme is not compiling &&& showing only a single error tht i culdn't understood.have seen the code many times but i couldn't found the error........ pLz...
[8 replies] Last: you are welcome :) (by sigmablack)
help: function that displays prime number less than the input

i am struggling with writing a function that displays prime numbers which is less than or equal to the number input (if the input is a prime number. also...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/80442/ (by Shinigami)
by tcrane
coding using while and sentinel

hi, I wrote the code and it runs correctly. The very end result is the one that I need. I dont want it to print the stuff in between....just the final sum of...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you ! You are Awesome :) (by tcrane)
Final pi not outputting correctly

I have the following program finished except I cannot figure out why the final pi is not outputting correctly. It should take the last calculated pi and output...
[2 replies] Last: Chervil, if you use 5 for terms and 1 for steps it doesn't give out th... (by jeaninem71)
by Clark
Trying to create simple template sum of container

I'm just trying to create a simple sum function template to find the sum of doubles within a container using STL. First I'm just trying to test this with a list...
[1 reply] : Error was that second is not a member of list. Rather, it's a member o... (by Clark)
Text adventure

Hello, I made a text application (command line tool) on xcode in C++ that lets you create a text adventure. In the int main you can "program" the text adventure...
[4 replies] Last: Or like this. Global variables. So like this? // #include <iostream>... (by Shinigami)
Urgent !!

how can do a program that will draw a square like **** * * * * **** where you input N and the sides are N x N (where N>=2 and N<=50) Using only FOR IF...
[4 replies] Last: The tutorial http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ might help you (by AleaIactaEst)
COMPARING float arrays and string arrays

Hey there I have to do a merge sort program which i have to compare two float arrays setting = and also string arrays Can somebody explain me how do I compar...
[no replies]
by EZX
math and showing it in C++

So i got a task asking to use "for" interval to show numbers from 1-100 which can be divided by 3, but CANNOT be divided by 2. Afterwards calculate the sum of ...
[6 replies] Last: oh wow it worked! thanks wouldn't be able to do it without you. (by EZX)
Writing a file using ofstream

Here is my code //Using ofstream to write to a file #include<fstream> #include<iostream> #include<string> int main(){ using namespace std ; //G...
[3 replies] Last: Well , I tried doing it like this and the program crashed in between. ... (by Raman009)
Program to make Text adventure

Hello, I made a text application (command line tool) on xcode in C++. In the int main you can "program" the text adventure. I made a void called game which is w...
[1 reply] : pass them as a parameter void game( string name ) { cout << "Wel... (by Disch)
September 2012 Pages: 123... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.