Beginners - January 2013

Simple c++ program (new to c++ need help with cin/cout multiple variables in DOS program

Will show current code at bottom of thread, first of all huge thanks to anyone who helps out and even for reading thread. What happens when I run this is it let...
[4 replies] Last: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <string> // to use ... (by Oria)
by rcast
myfile.open (variable)

I'm getting an error while trying to use a user defined variable, as the filename for myfile.open (variable) - however when I change the variable to a static fi...
[7 replies] Last: I, myself, would use the latest. Which I do. Learn now, what you don'... (by Lynx876)
Function to change content in 2 dimensional array

Hi, I'm learning C++ on my own by reading different tutorials on the web. I'm trying to create a simple TicTacToe-game to play in the console window and want to...
[2 replies] Last: oh, I had been struggling with this for hours but totally missed that ... (by northmoose)
Please help with c++ homework

I was just introduced to while loops but the instructions on this so-called "tutorial" I was assigned are extremely vague and unhelpful. I understand this is a ...
[3 replies] Last: The first part of the things in the parentheses () of the for loop sho... (by dragonblader44)
Setting a number to the hundredths place

Making a tip calculator does this make the final answer to the hundredths place like money #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> usi...
[4 replies] Last: percent is a char but you are doing a comparison with an int. Plus, y... (by randisking)
problem with cmath/static cast

I'm supposed to use cmath functions & static_cast to calculate the midpoint and distance between two coordinates. My program is running without errors but the ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, it's working now. (by thephantom)
by Lukas
Editing class object values

Hello everyone, I am trying to do a text based rpg game. and now I am stuck.... I want to create a fighting system... But well no luck.Here is a part of my cod...
[3 replies] Last: Your idea of classes as tables is ...odd. I'm not sure where you got t... (by LB)
boolean return problem

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Vehicle { public: int weight; int top_speed; long driven_km; Vehicle(in...
[1 reply] : if (running = false) { cout << "car is not running" << endl; } el... (by Hippogriff)
C++

Can someone help me out. If I run a test on it, it says error. //Display Welcome to the console #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { ...
[1 reply] : You need to return zero, looks like you are returning O. (by Hippogriff)
c++ program for credit card transaction.

Can anybody give me a sample program for credit card transaction? I don't have any idea on using credit cards. Thanks!
[5 replies] Last: well; i'm sorry. (by jesha16)
by herold
Stuck in this need help

Hi, I am stuck in the following code.I'm beginner in C++. I am facing problem in the following code.if any one from you help me it will be very helpful to me. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you to "vlad" . This program is in my text book.I was worried... (by herold)
Lost on where to begin

Hey all, It's been a long time since I studied C++ (going on 16 years or so) and so I've been looking over some books and refreshing my memory on the code, b...
[2 replies] Last: The graphics, believe it or not, would be the simple part. You just h... (by randisking)
Storage advice.

Ok, so I'm making Tetris in the console. ( Yes, in the console, before anyone wants to have a rant about using the console for unintended purposes... ) I just ...
[8 replies] Last: Just for future use, if someone stumbles across this post. Here's the ... (by Lynx876)
Making sure I read 4 bytes

I have a binary file that I'm trying to read. The first "chunk" is the version of the file, which is 4 bytes. I'm used to using unsigned int , but I know tha...
[2 replies] Last: I does, thanks. Also: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cuchar/ Thi... (by Lowest0ne)
CIN and Floating point numbers

So I'm writing a program that is supposed to output the binary representations of numbers using a bitwise operator and a mask. The extra credit portion(Which we...
[12 replies] Last: > void printBinary(float num1) { int *floatMem = (int*) &num1 ; Us... (by JLBorges)
Printing an array

Hello, I am trying to get this very simple program to work and I can't figure it out. The program is supposed to have the user input values of a matrix and then...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=Marius]I subtract one from a and b because if someone puts in t... (by LB)
Letting users input a file name and saving the file to a directory?

I know how to make a text file and let the user input it's name and save it to the application directory. How would I let the user input the name for the text f...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks! Seems like deleting line 12 fixed it (by fiji885)
by nasser
OpenGL for vc++ 2010 express

i want a link to download OpenGl library for vc++ 2010 express
[3 replies] Last: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=openGL+download (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
problem with the number

#include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(int argc, char *argv ) { int a,b,c,d,n,m; cout<<"a,b,c,d:"; cin>>a,b...
[3 replies] Last: Apart from the previous comment I think that you was going to enter di... (by vlad from moscow)
Assignment Question!!!!!!

Q1. Write the c++ implementation for the following pseudocode *Get number *check=number%2 *if check =0 display "its even number " *else display "its an ev...
[12 replies] Last: Well your answer for question one is wrong to. main need to be int ma... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
January 2013 Pages: 123... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.