Beginners - January 2013 (Page 2)

by Dizzy
program that will calculate and print the sum and average (using an array). Did I code this correctly?

The assignment asked to modify a program that will calculate and print the sum and mean using an array. The program compiles and runs flawlessly. But did I use ...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks for the clarification. Anyway, in my opinion, you can put the a... (by Chervil)
what are my requirements

Hello, am a Novis and I want to learn C++. What do I need to ensure I get along with the Programming Language to aid my learning? Thanks to the House
[1 reply] : You dont require nuffink but patience and diligence, I swore by bucky ... (by devonrevenge)
Allowance Program(Two Dimensional Array)

I'm currently stuck with this problem. I am to input my allowance for 7 days and 4 weeks, while using a two dimensional array. While I am entering my allowance,...
[7 replies] Last: Modified program a little. Now with sum of allowance! EDIT : Faster w... (by MiiNiPaa)
Assignment Question? Need assistances

Objectives: Design an object-oriented solution and implement the solution in C++ to solve the problem described below As an example, suppose the user buys 1...
[4 replies] Last: #include <ctime> #include <iostream> using namespace std; void Today... (by MarcusFenix)
Files and Functions...

I'm attempting to pass a text file to a function to get input for another function. I'm supposed to then output the results in another text file. I believe I'm ...
[8 replies] Last: And now I've a tinkered it to submission and it gave up on me. I am no... (by Nahjil567)
please review my first project

I have gotten the program to compile and display the words, but I cannot put the inputs in to finish the program. What is wrong with it? Thanks. #include ...
[3 replies] Last: Repost your working code and we'll take a look, otherwise include <iom... (by newbieg)
If without else?

As the title says, is it possible to have an if without an else? I am making a rock, paper, scissors program and the only way I could think of doing it is by us...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply! That's very useful for my future programming end... (by Doctor Zombie)
by reidt
Program keeps crashing - Dynamic 2D array help!

Hi guys, I have this simple code below about pointers and dynamic 2D array. The purpose of this program is to randomly generate a size and the size will be use...
[5 replies] Last: Ahh I see! Thank you ne555 and James2250! Learnt something new today h... (by reidt)
Having some trouble with these assignments

Having trouble with these two problems. Not sure on what to include in the loops. I know i have to use if else statements and sentinel-controlled loops. I also ...
[7 replies] Last: In class all we've gotten to is while loops, for loops, and inner loop... (by closed account oj87ko23)
Is it possible to create functions and use them in a separate file?

HI! I'm just curious to know that is it possible to make functions in a separate source file and use them? If it is, how do I do it?
[4 replies] Last: No worries - any time. I wish the rest of my life was that easy!! (by TheIdeasMan)
by vivre
Do-While Loop and Other Code Problems

http://pastebin.com/0CKCSzRG -- Please forgive me for the bad formatting. What's wrong with my code? I am having difficulties finding why the loop continues...
[2 replies] Last: Oh yes, thanks. :) I'm attempting to code a timer that increments a ... (by vivre)
how do I insert letters into the answer?

I have the formula: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() { double v,lo,l; cout << "Enter the proper length (m)of...
[1 reply] : cout << "v = " << fixed << lo << endl; That should fix your problem... (by Nahjil567)
by tkram
No Matching Function Error...

Hello, below is my program and the error messages i have been receiving. I have tried many things but cannot get my functions to be called and compiled correctl...
[1 reply] : The selection_sort function takes in a vector as you currently have it... (by Hippogriff)
How to conrol the number of decimals in a cmath program

I am working on a project currently, and I have the program working except that it doesn't output four decimal places like I need it too. I have tried using the...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. This worked. (by jsmi2016)
Passing ofstream objects to functions

So I know I have to do this by reference. To be honest I have not had any experience with outputting to a file or even inputting from a file. Here is the fu...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks I didn't realize I submitted this. When I was typing it out I f... (by Nahjil567)
by bappe
Do While loops without prompting.

int main() { double A,B,C,S,D; char choice; cout<<"Hello, I am HeronBot.\nMy purpose in life is to inaccurately compute area's of triangles for you.\nPlease in...
[2 replies] Last: Ahhh so if I wanted to use char it would be: char choice ... cout... (by bappe)
help with loops and stuff

I am figuring out how to make my program display multiples of 3. would this code display multiples of 3? while (n > 0 || n % 3) { cout << n << ", "; ...
[1 reply] : No. You could instead simply increment n by one each time and display... (by LB)
by aml114
Help With C++ (arrays)

I need to create a program that will diplay a students schedule once you input the ID number for that student. There will be 5 arrays in this program (array 1...
[8 replies] Last: So i was watchin a few videos and reading some things as well and i be... (by aml114)
stl map

i was wondering how would i return a new item coming from a stl map at the moment i have this Declare outside map<int, Item>ItemDataBase; Item Item::CreateIt...
[5 replies] Last: the database is delcare on the outside i have inserted items into th... (by imgregduh)
Help with simple GUI

I'm trying to make a simple GUI that will enlarge a character('+' specifically), when you press W and get smaller when you press S. I got it to enlarge all the ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much newbieg! (by CitricThunder)
January 2013 Pages: 1234... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.