Beginners - January 2013 (Page 3)

by reidt
Program keeps crashing - Dynamic 2D array help!

Hi guys, I have this simple code below about pointers and dynamic 2D array. The purpose of this pro...
[5 replies] Last: Ahh I see! Thank you ne555 and James2250! Learnt something new today h... (by reidt)
Having some trouble with these assignments

Having trouble with these two problems. Not sure on what to include in the loops. I know i have to u...
[7 replies] Last: In class all we've gotten to is while loops, for loops, and inner loop... (by closed account oj87ko23)
Is it possible to create functions and use them in a separate file?

HI! I'm just curious to know that is it possible to make functions in a separate source file and use...
[4 replies] Last: No worries - any time. I wish the rest of my life was that easy!! (by TheIdeasMan)
by vivre
Do-While Loop and Other Code Problems

http://pastebin.com/0CKCSzRG -- Please forgive me for the bad formatting. What's wrong with my c...
[2 replies] Last: Oh yes, thanks. :) I'm attempting to code a timer that increments a ... (by vivre)
how do I insert letters into the answer?

I have the formula: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() ...
[1 reply] : cout << "v = " << fixed << lo << endl; That should fix your problem... (by Nahjil567)
by tkram
No Matching Function Error...

Hello, below is my program and the error messages i have been receiving. I have tried many things bu...
[1 reply] : The selection_sort function takes in a vector as you currently have it... (by James2250)
How to conrol the number of decimals in a cmath program

I am working on a project currently, and I have the program working except that it doesn't output fo...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. This worked. (by jsmi2016)
Passing ofstream objects to functions

So I know I have to do this by reference. To be honest I have not had any experience with outputting...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks I didn't realize I submitted this. When I was typing it out I f... (by Nahjil567)
by bappe
Do While loops without prompting.

int main() { double A,B,C,S,D; char choice; cout<<"Hello, I am HeronBot.\nMy purpose in life is to ...
[2 replies] Last: Ahhh so if I wanted to use char it would be: char choice ... cout... (by bappe)
help with loops and stuff

I am figuring out how to make my program display multiples of 3. would this code display multiples o...
[1 reply] : No. You could instead simply increment n by one each time and display... (by LB)
by aml114
Help With C++ (arrays)

I need to create a program that will diplay a students schedule once you input the ID number for tha...
[8 replies] Last: So i was watchin a few videos and reading some things as well and i be... (by aml114)
stl map

i was wondering how would i return a new item coming from a stl map at the moment i have this Decl...
[5 replies] Last: the database is delcare on the outside i have inserted items into th... (by imgregduh)
Help with simple GUI

I'm trying to make a simple GUI that will enlarge a character('+' specifically), when you press W an...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much newbieg! (by CitricThunder)
requesting assistance with homework problem

I am a beginner to c++ and am needing some assistance/suggestions on a procedure I have to write cal...
[no replies]
by Ch1156
Help with virtual

Ok well this went from learning pointers to learning inline, virtual and some polymorphism lol. That...
[3 replies] Last: Just so people know, I am hoping that the OP is aiming at implementing... (by TheIdeasMan)
Issue with control mechanism between functions

Below are two functions, the first function, Show, is used to display dates. The following function ...
[2 replies] Last: Zhuge, Thank you. I had no idea one could do something like that! (by TaytayB)
Help with code!

So I have to ask the user what file they want to open up and what file they want to write too. With ...
[11 replies] Last: Ok lol... I just fixed that part too, so now I have it dumping the arr... (by bbesase)
LPDWORD, LPWORD, DWORD etc

what exactly are those? I see them every where in some more "advanced" functions, such as RegCreateK...
[1 reply] : Those are variable types that you'll get very familiar with if you sta... (by newbieg)
Need help with my first program.

What we are supposed to do is answer the question "How far do we have to go to add 1,2,3,4,5,6... to...
[15 replies] Last: That's what I'm doing. My exact method is gcc -O program untitled.cpp ... (by brentmcgehee)
Vector of Classes - Scope Issue?

I'm coding a basic student data read/write system. At the moment this won't have any file I/O, so it...
[2 replies] Last: Huh.. I guess you are right! My compiler was being funny for some reas... (by mezmiro)
January 2013 Pages: 12345... 53
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.