Beginners - January 2013 (Page 3)

requesting assistance with homework problem

I am a beginner to c++ and am needing some assistance/suggestions on a procedure I have to write called void sort2(int& a, int& b) that swaps the values of a an...
[no replies]
by Ch1156
Help with virtual

Ok well this went from learning pointers to learning inline, virtual and some polymorphism lol. Thats fine with me though. Anyways From what i understand virtua...
[3 replies] Last: Just so people know, I am hoping that the OP is aiming at implementing... (by TheIdeasMan)
Issue with control mechanism between functions

Below are two functions, the first function, Show, is used to display dates. The following function is used to control the format with which they are displayed....
[2 replies] Last: Zhuge, Thank you. I had no idea one could do something like that! (by TaytayB)
Help with code!

So I have to ask the user what file they want to open up and what file they want to write too. With the file they open up I have to put those values into an arr...
[11 replies] Last: Ok lol... I just fixed that part too, so now I have it dumping the arr... (by bbesase)
LPDWORD, LPWORD, DWORD etc

what exactly are those? I see them every where in some more "advanced" functions, such as RegCreateKeyEx etc, but I never really understood why exactly are they...
[1 reply] : Those are variable types that you'll get very familiar with if you sta... (by newbieg)
Need help with my first program.

What we are supposed to do is answer the question "How far do we have to go to add 1,2,3,4,5,6... to reach 25000? The program is supposed to print out the sum a...
[15 replies] Last: That's what I'm doing. My exact method is gcc -O program untitled.cpp ... (by brentmcgehee)
Vector of Classes - Scope Issue?

I'm coding a basic student data read/write system. At the moment this won't have any file I/O, so it is pretty basic. I'm having an issue with the structure of ...
[2 replies] Last: Huh.. I guess you are right! My compiler was being funny for some reas... (by mezmiro)
Need help with Programming statistics

Not sure how to start on the homework assignment. Assignment: Write a C++ program that accepts 5 integers from a user and then calculates their arithmetic me...
[5 replies] Last: include <cmath> include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { ... (by abba901)
how to validate numeric input only using cin

So I am having trouble with this program it works but I need to input 2 values from the same line separated by a space using cin double chevrons!? I cannot use ...
[3 replies] Last: Chervil your the man! or woman! appreciate it hopefully it will pass i... (by Josh Henry)
Select Statement in C++

The following code compiles but does not return the correct results. selectsmt is loaded with the contents of chrHostID. chrHostID is loaded with an employees...
[no replies]
by DNRN
Problem reading from file

Hi I have a simple problem - I think. I'm reading the content from a file into a char array: std::ifstream fileStream(name.c_str(), std::ios::binary | std::i...
[3 replies] Last: Is that a true problem, or is it just an idiosyncrasy of the debugger?... (by Chervil)
by Cross
Have a assignment to hand in and could use some feedback

Hello, i'm new here but have heard great things about this community. So I figured I would sign up and check it out. Now I don't nessicarily have a problem wit...
[9 replies] Last: Line 39: comparsion floating point variables using == isn't safe. You ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Dizzy
Problem Coding Variance?!

Ok so my code compiles and runs, but the output of my variance is wrong. I'm brand new to coding and not sure how to code it correctly. For those who are not su...
[1 reply] : var = pow(array -avg,2)/ (n); 1) Why is / (n) here? it isn't in yo... (by MiiNiPaa)
Array Manipulation

Hello people of C++ forums. I am a rookie programmer. I hope you can assist me: Implement the processEnrollments function to complete the desired program. ...
[no replies]
by Ikuti
How to use databases with C++

What kind of program would I need to create a database which I could later use within my C++ program? It would be great if you guys could link me some good tuto...
[2 replies] Last: I used sqlapi++ when I did this. It was pretty straightforward and sup... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by tdk93
initializing array

I'm using the following statements to initialise array int d; cin >> d; int array ; and these are working properly! isn't this incorrect? shouldn't ...
[2 replies] Last: Just in case that link dies someday... @ tdk93: this is a feature of ... (by Catfish3)
Passing Arrays to Function

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void input (int test ) { int i; for(i=0;i<5;i++) { cout<<"Enter a number: "; cin>>test ; } } int main() ...
[1 reply] : You see, array variable is a pointer, which points to memory area co... (by MiiNiPaa)
Problems reading in data correctly

Here is my task. I want to read in from a file a set of numbers, but I need to read them in as CHARS. I then need to convert each one to INTS. Each character w...
[2 replies] Last: ughh.. such a simple fix.. Thanks LowestOne (by Exhorter)
missing .dll's on other computer

Hi all, I make most of my applications in Visual Studio 2012. The problem is, when I run one of that apps on another computer, it gives missing .dll's errors (m...
[7 replies] Last: To use the static linking you should remove the dynamic linking with /... (by S G H)
Do-While Loop - Sum of numbers

Your program should ask the user for a sequence of numbers until the user inputs 0 (zero) and then the program should print the sum of positive numbers that t...
[1 reply] : You just need sum += numbers; somewhere after line 16. Strictly... (by Chervil)
January 2013 Pages: 12345... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.