Beginners - February 2013

Can't quite figure out my Calendar Program

I'm trying to write a program that prompts the user for a year and the first day of the year, and then displays a full calendar for that year, but I'm having so...
[7 replies] Last: You're wellcome, good luck with that! (by Marcos Modenesi)
Struggling to learn.

Hi guys. I have no coding experience at all outside of a little bit of HTML and I've been trying to learn C++ as of about 4 days ago. I ordered Accelerated C++ ...
[18 replies] Last: good to know. thanks rb and LB (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by skace
Wierd errors

Hello! I am trying to code a program that can solve quadratic equations. The problem I seem to be having is that when I try to compile it, it comes up with erro...
[11 replies] Last: Glad you got some sort of solution. Bool of course will only allow tw... (by Chervil)
Using typedef struct in a template class

Hi, I want to use what I call a "Chainage" in a template class. Here is my hpp code : typedef template < K, V > struct _maillon { // parametrized by types...
[2 replies] Last: template <class K, class V> struct _maillon{ K clef; V valeur; struc... (by K0T4K0t4)
Accessing Member Functions of Objects in Vector Stored on Heap

Hi..I've been searching on the forum for a good little while and have not found anything that explicitly covers my question; I'm sorry if I over looked. My ques...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks guys...those three explanations put things in perspective! (by kaneada)
SDL_Rect drawing simple boxes to the screen using a class

Hi guys! First post here, just want to say how much I love this site! On to the meat: So I've taken up C++, but I've been trying to learn while integratin...
[2 replies] Last: Wow! *facepalm. I was placing it as in Box->&box, just &box, &Box, I ... (by AmbitiousCoder)
Help with array

Hi everybody. I'm working on a ATM Machine program for my class and I'm having a hard time creating an array. The array is for the user id, which should b...
[13 replies] Last: It works like a charm! Thanks. I'll need to do a loop later to go back... (by anderfernandes)
by Peter7
Write file and see output on console

So i am trying to solve the bunny exercise that was posted in this forum a while ago. I already have the whole program and now i was trying to write all output...
[11 replies] Last: ios::app will append to the end of the file. So everything you cout & ... (by Lynx876)
Empty Command Line Issue

So I need to add a character to the end and beginning of a string read into the cmd line and compare that to the word file that is a dictionary set of all words...
[1 reply] : When the command line is empty, the value of argc will be 1. In that c... (by Chervil)
help with loop counter in homework

Hi, I have homework from my programming class that is supposed to look like this : http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=366h2&s=6 But I can't seem to get a loop coun...
[1 reply] : Okay I got it but now the only thing is getting TPAY to keep adding to... (by persontothe)
Guess My Number - Reverse Roles

Hey everyone. I started reading the book "Beginning C++ Through Game Programming" and I've worked up to Chapter 2 so far. I have a few questions regard...
[10 replies] Last: Marked as solved. (by Mindtrix)
Close

////
[2 replies] Last: bump (by earthearth)
by vrakas
Help with adjacency list

Hello i am trying to remove all arcs with a node(from an adjacency list) using the refresh funtion. i am getting a segmentation fault. can someone please help m...
[1 reply] : I guess that adj .erase(it); is invalidating the iterator. Use it ... (by ne555)
by Lindz
Classes in separate files in C++?

I have copied this out of a book. I'm just not sure what to add in the main.cpp source file to make it run though. I know that class declarations go in the ....
[6 replies] Last: My point is that there is no default constructor in `Cat', so Cat Fri... (by ne555)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express Project Creation Fail

Hello, I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express, registered it and got a valid serial number. I ran all the updates and attempted to create a new...
[1 reply] : You say you've Googled this, so have you been to this yet? http://soci... (by ResidentBiscuit)
The age-old slot machine...

at this point i've scratched a bald spot into my head. any advice/pointers/clues would be hugely appreciated. here are the errors being generated: Error 2 err...
[6 replies] Last: just make a .h file, the errors say your using visual studio, i dont u... (by Ch1156)
Stupid question

Trying to practice with functions before moving on to references, but of course I can't get this program to work. The loops work fine, but my functions aren't c...
[7 replies] Last: Hey All, I finished the program yesterday, and it ran great (my wi... (by JKandyman88)
Manually Concatenating two C-Strings

Thanks a lot for the assistance earlier with my mjcStrCpy function. Got a question in regards to the concatenation function I'm trying to write now though. I go...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. I finally got something that works. May or may not be the most... (by sirjames2004)
by Dhocks
I need help reading this file

I posted this in General C++ Programming but I think it's more appropriate here. I have to read all of it. I can read first line with getline 3-5 lines are d...
[5 replies] Last: Ok. So I had a go at fixing your program. First off, you were only out... (by Lynx876)
User-specified datatypes

I have a template Array class that should create objects of ints, chars, and doubles. How could I write my main.cpp file so that the user can define the dataty...
[5 replies] Last: Templates have to know the type at compile time. This isn't Java gener... (by ResidentBiscuit)
February 2013 Pages: 123... 67
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.