Beginners - March 2013

dont read directly with cin

so i have this complete program but i am not supposed to read my ints directly with cin what do i need to fix or change? char grid = {' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' '...
[no replies]
by jtsf
dynamic struct array error

I have problem on dynamic struct array in function. Pls help me. Thks in advance. #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <sstream> #include <strin...
[2 replies] Last: I change my code //const int nsize = 24; struct srecord { string* s... (by jtsf)
problem loading array of strings

I am looking up file names. The code is not complete here, When I compile it there are no errors, but when I run it, 1. It does find the files and prints t...
[3 replies] Last: I just found out that the information is in my fName7 , but cout does ... (by GeorgeSnyder)
Constantly repeating

Hello, I'm missing something very simple here. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what exactly it is. As a training exercise I am writing up a quick...
[4 replies] Last: @ IceyEyez How to use code tags: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/z13... (by Chervil)
Creating and Using a Dll (VS2012)

hi, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ms235636.aspx i'm following this tutorial, but every time(3d time through) when i'm at the end and wan...
[no replies]
Writting to file in callback function

Hey everyone! I want to do a basic thing but for some strange reason there is something not working. I need to write to a file but I'm handling all the code ...
[no replies]
by LeronG
i am trying to write a multiplication table and something is wrong

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int i; int j; char ch; for (i = 1; i <= 5; i++) { for (j =1; j<=5; j++) { if ( i == ...
[1 reply] : You simply did not close off your curly braces at the bottom. #inclu... (by Cenmo)
Replace two kind of char's arrays?

Hello dear programmers, my question might be not very correct in the form of asking, but I got an making of doing a program that converts characters of one arr...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot LowestOne, that's exactly what I was looking for! :) (by Artan Shala)
2 variables minus

When I try to minus it, it wont compile and run. Whats wrong with the last part. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int total(int a, int b, int...
[3 replies] Last: int totalval = total(a,b,c); // keep track of the returned value in... (by Disch)
by jtsf
struct

I have a lot of errors and unable to solve these due to lack of knowledge. Pls help me what do I make mistake! Thanks #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #...
[3 replies] Last: I change my code to srecord *highscore = new highscore ; then I got le... (by jtsf)
by jimmyK
Changing characters in char array

Hi, I need to write a function that replaces selected character in string with another character. The function takes char pointer and two char variables as par...
[3 replies] Last: You should use member function getline. For example const size_t N = ... (by vlad from moscow)
Custom controle not working (VS2012)

Hi i'm trying to add a custom control to my project. after i compile i can see it in my toolbox but when i add it VS gives me this error: --------------------...
[no replies]
by shubh
why doesn't this work??

i have to write a generic function to sort int,float and char values and this isn't working.what is the mistake in the following code? #include<iostream>...
[no replies]
Why doesnt my prgrm read in parameters properly?

Im trying to create a program for a C++ project where you need to read in a parameter from the command line with your program, and then do some functions with t...
[1 reply] : You forgot the number of parameters. int main( int argc , char *argv... (by Catfish3)
Don't know what these compilation errors mean?

Hello. I have some .cpp and .h files in a project that I built with codeblocks and when I compile I get these errors. I don't know what they mean: ||=== regis...
[14 replies] Last: Well that got me started. Thank you everyone. (by lamentofking)
Why won't this simple function work?

I'm trying to make a function that takes a reference to a vector as an argument, and reverses its elements. This is my code: void ref_reverse(vector<int>&...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! I fixed it by changing [(vect.size()-i)] to [(vect.size()-... (by jbos1190)
by civarc
Function call issues

PROBLEM SOLVED! This is a homework assignment that relates to march madness basketball stats. I haven't finished all of the details yet but here is the basis...
[5 replies] Last: Your setData function doesn't store anything: [code firstline=65] v... (by AbstractionAnon)
computer graphics in c++

HI, I Want to make a simple cg program in c++ of a moving circle i.e when left arrow key is pressed it should move to left and same for right ,up and down keys...
[no replies]
Shooting a sprite to a specific point in SFML

I have no idea how to do this.
[13 replies] Last: So I've read over your message about 5 times now. Should I do what you... (by kong288)
by dima93
How to use ascii table to count letters ?

The question : Write a program that will initialize an array of charters to “do be do bo”. The program will call function Statistics() to output a list of ...
[3 replies] Last: void Statistics( const char s ) { const size_t N = 26; size_t freq... (by vlad from moscow)
March 2013 Pages: 123... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.