Beginners - March 2013 (Page 3)

Problems with reading a file.

I got an input file like this. MNSD sjs 20 30 40 50 60 70 85 97 50 abcd efgh 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 8...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags and indent. The extraction operator (>>) ignores... (by Lowest0ne)
what does return 0 in main function do?

What instruction does it perform? it has to return a value, but then return a value where? please no...
[8 replies] Last: this works too.. //image this was a program called SOMEPROG.EXE ... (by DysFunc)
doubly simple linked list

#include <iostream> using namespace std; struct node{ int data; node *next; node *prev;...
[15 replies] Last: As i understand function addNodeF has to add a new element at the tail... (by vlad from moscow)
Passing a 2-D Array To A Function

Hello, I recently wrote a program that uses recursion to fill an object. EX. ***** * * * ...
[4 replies] Last: It means that function fill is invalid. Investigate its code. (by vlad from moscow)
question from the tutorial

Here's the code of a default copy constructor of an object from the C++ tutorial: 1.CExample::CEx...
[4 replies] Last: i got it... Thanks for the time :) (by Mustehssun)
How to delete console history?

I wrote a brief code to show what I want: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstr...
[6 replies] Last: Are you trying to do this in bash? No, I'm trying to do this in a con... (by Vidminas)
by aslv
HTML through C/C++

Hello! I need to access html code of a webpage using C (or C++). Could you recommend which libraries...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you. I successfully solved my problem. (by aslv)
Can't read second line from a file

I have a file that look's like this: last_name first_name grade2 grade2 grade3 grade4 grade5 grade6...
[1 reply] : fin >> v1; for(int i=0;i<10;i++) { fout << v1; fin >> v1; fout << ' '... (by fg109)
Expected Primary Expression before "int"

I have no clue what to make of this error, really need some help with this one. Link To Code: ht...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, i'l be sure to start at a lower level before I go for tasks li... (by IceyEyez)
Help!! Input Resistor Value to Determine Resistors Band Colors

I've successfully build a program to read in colors and read out the values for 4 band, 5 band and...
[3 replies] Last: Oh, I thought you said that you needed to use classes in your original... (by Stewbond)
Program that finds the smallest integer

How would you go about writing a C++ program that finds the smaller of two integers input using an ...
[1 reply] : It's a very easy question. Take as input two integers, and then confro... (by luigibana96)
linked list

#include <iostream> using namespace std; struct node{ int data; node *next; node *prev;...
[3 replies] Last: If the condition in line 14 evaluates to true, then lines 15 through 2... (by cire)
2d sandbox need some guidance

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; // Maximum number of items the playe...
[2 replies] Last: i only want what im doing wrong and either the corrected code or how ... (by cire)
tic tac toe game

so i have the complete program but the only problem is that when O wins the computer or user it stil...
[no replies]
Issues with if loop and strcmp function

I am almost done with this program except for one last issue! I have managed to isolate the problem...
[5 replies] Last: Something like this #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include ... (by Yanson)
How to create a temp in a 2D Array sort

Hello, I am sorry to bother you guys again, but I'm unsure of how to properly finish up this program...
[1 reply] : I managed to solve the problem on my own! Here is the solution for any... (by snailtier)
Why cant this happen?

Why cant a pointer of type long point to variable of type int? Essentially all pointers do is hol...
[2 replies] Last: @ Anmol444: maybe you could try the void pointer void* if you want a... (by Catfish3)
by Riley
Problems assigning value to item in Struct

Hey guys, I am having issues on my homework. I am suppose to write a program which has two structs....
[1 reply] : Here is a sample of the first few lines in the VehicleTrajectory.txt f... (by Riley)
by apa125
Converting string to int without atoi and stringstream

Hi guys, I wonder if there is a way to convert string to int without atoi and stringstream. Am I go...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.asciitable.com/ use ascii but don't see why you would reinv... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
[SOLVED] Segfault (pol1)

Hey, I'm getting a segfault with the following code: int indx = enigma::room_idmax++; enigma...
[1 reply] : Nevermind I solved it. I needed to use: newroomdata = new enigma::ro... (by polygone)
March 2013 Pages: 12345... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.