Beginners - March 2013 (Page 5)

how is c++ compiled?

How does it work?
[1 reply] : http://faculty.cs.niu.edu/~mcmahon/CS241/Notes/compile.html (by MiiNiPaa)
create histogram in two ranges

I have a gray scale image say size 40 x 130. And all pixels have value in range 0 t o 180. Now my work is to create histogram in this range . 90 ~ 0 and 180 ...
[no replies]
just ask for question meaning

A doubly linked list can be reversed in constant time if the meaning of “previous” and “next” is reversed. Discuss how this idea might be implemented i...
[1 reply] : Discuss how this idea might be implemented in practice. So it asks o... (by Shinigami)
comparing elements of an array from infile

Am having problem reading from an infile and comparing how many times an element appeared in a parallel array. eg to read an age group from an infile age: 19...
[no replies]
update vector array

I have a vector of some numbers. Each number have its start and end point . say i have 5 points in a vector 0 = [0, 3] 1 = [7, 22] 2 = [40, 53] 3 = [...
[no replies]
by khal
Using PriorityQueue

Hi I have a class with different variables like such class Blocks { public: string name; int ID; int time; }; And I want to use a po...
[2 replies] Last: Ninja'd. Oh, well #include <iostream> #include <queue> #include <cti... (by Lowest0ne)
whats so bad about [-WReorder]?

This class gives me a warning: [-WReorder]. Its the order of the initialize list: class foo { int x; int y; public: foo(void) :y(0),x(0) {} };...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, thanks :) (by Lowest0ne)
C++ Finding Average Of User Inputs Help

I need help finding the average of user inputs BUT, The user does not need to know how many numbers s/he has to average. This my code so far, what do I need to ...
[11 replies] Last: thank you guys for the help. (by JohnBlaze)
My program runs infinitely for Mortgage Calculator

I'm using VS to create a Mortgage Calculator. I want the code to stop executing once the loan balance reaches 0 that's why i set the loanBalance > 0 so once the...
[7 replies] Last: This is my updated code #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> us... (by HadesFalcon)
by aMo38
Dividing string into two parts

I need to divide a single string into 2 parts. The first character of the string must be a Letter from A to J. The second part must be a number from 1 to 10. A...
[no replies]
by Rogge
Sorting an array

I need help sorting an integer array. Is there a way to sort an array in descending order without a function? I know you'd have to check through every element b...
[no replies]
by Rogge
Unexplained error

Write a program that reads in a list of integers into an array with base type of int. Provide the facility to either read this array from the keyboard or from a...
[12 replies] Last: Rogge, I'm gonna take off. I hope you find the best solution. As you'... (by Marcos Modenesi)
by arashf
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I defined the class class sample { public: static const unsigned int d = 5; static const unsigned long int M = 10000; double val ; }; In main, ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you for all your help, guys. To conclude: I terminated as much ... (by arashf)
by Abdo2
Problem >dizzy <me

My Code Used For Change number from(base 2,base 3...To base 9) to give number in base 10=(decimal) ex: if u enter number 1352 base 8 give u number 746 in de...
[10 replies] Last: Take a look at the examples. It's easy enough. (by fg109)
What is WRONG with my function? Loop goes crazy?

This function is having some errors, even when I use "getline" to get the string input from the user, if the input is more than one word it passes onto cin>>do...
[1 reply] : Oh I think I found the problem, I was using cin.ignore() in the wrong ... (by Tiger58)
calculate the mortgage rate

Hello, I've been doing this project for my computer science class but there was a problem and I don't know if it's from the server or it's in my code so please...
[no replies]
by tomazi
COnvert negative Point values to Positive Point Values

Hello People I am trying to convert negative point values to positive point values.......I know i can use abs but from what i have read and looked at abs works ...
[1 reply] : I'm not reading your whole example... I just will try to answer your q... (by Marcos Modenesi)
by aMo38
Make a 3 by 3 array from a .txt file.

Hello, first post. I was just wondering how you create a 3 by 3 array from a ".txt" file. Just imagine this was inside the text file. 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 ...
[7 replies] Last: @cire [quote=aMo38]I believe you would use something along the lines o... (by S G H)
Average numbers loop

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { int num; double input, sum=0, avg; cout << "Enter a number for how many scores...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main... (by Boutsaro)
What command do I use for the SetId member

So here is my assignment: 1. Declare a class named Student that contains a. Three private data members: char firstName ; char lastName ; int id; b. Thre...
[no replies]
March 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.