Beginners - March 2013 (Page 7)

by shar1
take 5 numbers from 10

how to use if else statement to get 5 greater numbers from 10 numbers that will be input by user
[1 reply] : What have you got so far? Does this help? http://cplusplus.com/doc/tu... (by moorecm)
Simple error with closing my function (+ additional questions)

So I was only going to come on here for help with some thing more complicated but then I made this error where I can't end the function as I planned. I had a p...
[no replies]
Student Person class program c++

I have to debut this program, I almost got it to work, but when it runs, it hangs after it displays per.showperson(). Please help. Thanks. //DEBUG10-1 //Th...
[4 replies] Last: Thank, you I made all the changes and it works. (by dariusd7)
Undefined reference to error / No matching function

Hi, I'm busy with an assignment and have this below problem which I just cant seem to find a solution for. The error i'm getting is "no matching function ...
[no replies]
by krutuk
Problem with a function

Hi everybody! I try to create same little function with 2d vector as argument to it, but my compiler gives ununderstandable error for me. Can somebody help? ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys for all. I understood. (by krutuk)
quick sort c++

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void quickSort( int * , int , int ); int main(){ int size = 8; int *numbers = new int ; numbers =...
[2 replies] Last: haha. i change to left = 0; right = size -1; worked . what a st... (by Felicia123)
by kw1991
can a program become a windows service?

i have a very basic client server program in c++ console application where the client sends a message to the server, the server accepts the message and echoes i...
[4 replies] Last: any suggestions on how i could do it? (by kw1991)
Guess if the next card is higher or lower?

Usually I can get through my homework assignments no problem...not sure why I am having trouble. I need to display a card (Ace-King...1-13) and the user needs t...
[5 replies] Last: Gah! Thank you! I had it set as an integer! (by kyiro37)
Game Programming

Ive started using SFML, and SDL and they are quite easy but I dont know if hey are game engines... I dont really understand this term. Is it something that allo...
[6 replies] Last: thanks for the answers (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
by Jymmy
Problem in searching an array

Hey guys, i am a noob in programing,i would apreciate some help in this issue. i have to create a program that reads inputes values into an array, and print ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much, just changed the last fid = read; to fid =read; an... (by Jymmy)
multiple definition of `operator<<(std::ostream&, Error const&)'

Hello Please, help me! This code from the book: Professional C++ By Nicholas A. Solter, Scott J. Kleper. I redistributed it in different files. Error.h:44: m...
[9 replies] Last: vlad from moscow, thanks very much! ( Огромное спасибо ... (by Observer)
makefiles

hi, i am trying to do a makefile i have done most of the things they want except this question: A custom rule that lists all file dependencies for all .cpp fil...
[1 reply] : actual dependencies of mainProgram: Motorbikes.cpp Vans.cpp Trucks.cpp... (by MiiNiPaa)
How to declare dynamic arrays????

Hello, I am not sure how I should go about declaring a class array with a pointer. Should I do something like this: //Fish being a class //Initializing wit...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you just needed to make sure (by Tiger58)
by tomazi
Iterators

Hello People...! I am quiet fresh to C++ and programming in general, I am writing an OpenCv application in C++ environment. WHAT I AM TRYING TO ACHIEVE:...
[3 replies] Last: The type of Point is irrelevant. For the first issue, I think the bes... (by Stewbond)
debug help

hi im writing a program to calculate the bmi number, atm i coded the choice between imperial and metric,when you choose imperial it sends it off to another fu...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for the help, i scrapped the conversion functions and opted to ... (by Jack Laughdale)
by zukias
Why are default constructors necessary?

All the tutorials I have watched & read on objected oriented programming in C++ tell me to use default constructors in order to initialize all the member variab...
[3 replies] Last: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/comphelp/v8v101/index.jsp?top... (by MiiNiPaa)
Stopping pointer reference

I have a function that converts data from a file to a string using getline() then to char* then to wchar_t* and finally to vector<wchar_t*>, then returns that f...
[3 replies] Last: I opened the file using ifstream because I couldn't find a win32 ver... (by Disch)
Using Getline

Hello, I am currently a beginner in C++; I'm working on a small task to write a program that prompts the user for a last name then searches a file named book....
[6 replies] Last: never replied back, I resolved my issue thanks to all who helped in th... (by closed account S3TkoG1T)
by Anshh
how can i take input in const char * in c++ ?

how can i take input in const char * instead of a string ?
[1 reply] : by declaring that to be your input type, I suppose. void UseConstCh... (by bradw)
Can this code be shortened?

Hi I am a beginner and I am just wondering if this code can be shortened and how it would be done. Its not an important project or anything I was just messing a...
[1 reply] : Here's one method using arrays: #include <iostream> int main(int ar... (by fg109)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 56789... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.