Beginners - March 2013 (Page 7)

Why is it giving me error? (Pointer array)

I am confused as to why it gives error when I try to use a pointer array like this: //Don't mi...
[2 replies] Last: Nice thank you (by Tiger58)
What am I doing wrong?

Hello, I appreciate any help anyone is willing to provide. I am trying to solve the following pro...
[8 replies] Last: Also dont use system pause. Use cin.get. (by Anmol444)
Returning by reference

Is there a way to return by reference in a function, for example #include<iostream> #include<st...
[4 replies] Last: There's something you should be aware of when returning L-value refere... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Graphics using Code::Blocks

I am a beginner and I would like to know how to use graphics in C++ using the Code::Blocks compiler....
[2 replies] Last: You need to get a graphic library. Standard C++ doesn't have any. (by maeriden)
What does this mean?

In my book it says An array records no information about its size, so you cannot use the range-b...
[5 replies] Last: @Framework Thank you you cleared it up. (by Anmol444)
When to use pointers in this kind of situation?

Our teacher said that from now on we should only be using pointers, but how far does that actually g...
[1 reply] : You should only use pointers when you need to. Normal variables are pe... (by Anmol444)
by mirec
mfc

do you think that mfc lybrary is better then stl or qt?? or it doesn t matter that much. all i heard...
[no replies]
Palindrome (1,2)

I was making this palindrome checking program but then this strange error came up , please help me o...
[37 replies] Last: #include<iostream> #include<stdio.h> //for using the gets() f... (by The illusionist mirage)
Asking for information twice

I am suppose to be writing a code that calculates the future population based on user input. Below i...
[5 replies] Last: I am horrible at reading error messages. All I can tell is that it's ... (by fg109)
by shar1
take 5 numbers from 10

how to use if else statement to get 5 greater numbers from 10 numbers that will be input by user
[1 reply] : What have you got so far? Does this help? http://cplusplus.com/doc/tu... (by moorecm)
Simple error with closing my function (+ additional questions)

So I was only going to come on here for help with some thing more complicated but then I made this e...
[no replies]
Student Person class program c++

I have to debut this program, I almost got it to work, but when it runs, it hangs after it displays ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank, you I made all the changes and it works. (by dariusd7)
Undefined reference to error / No matching function

Hi, I'm busy with an assignment and have this below problem which I just cant seem to find a solu...
[no replies]
by krutuk
Problem with a function

Hi everybody! I try to create same little function with 2d vector as argument to it, but my compiler...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys for all. I understood. (by krutuk)
quick sort c++

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void quickSort( int * , int , int ); int main(){ ...
[2 replies] Last: haha. i change to left = 0; right = size -1; worked . what a st... (by Felicia123)
by kw1991
can a program become a windows service?

i have a very basic client server program in c++ console application where the client sends a messag...
[4 replies] Last: any suggestions on how i could do it? (by kw1991)
Guess if the next card is higher or lower?

Usually I can get through my homework assignments no problem...not sure why I am having trouble. I n...
[5 replies] Last: Gah! Thank you! I had it set as an integer! (by kyiro37)
Game Programming

Ive started using SFML, and SDL and they are quite easy but I dont know if hey are game engines... I...
[6 replies] Last: thanks for the answers (by Hazique35)
by Jymmy
Problem in searching an array

Hey guys, i am a noob in programing,i would apreciate some help in this issue. i have to create a...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much, just changed the last fid = read; to fid =read; an... (by Jymmy)
multiple definition of `operator<<(std::ostream&, Error const&)'

Hello Please, help me! This code from the book: Professional C++ By Nicholas A. Solter, Scott J. Kl...
[9 replies] Last: vlad from moscow, thanks very much! ( Огромное спасибо ... (by Observer)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 56789... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.