Beginners - February 2013 (Page 67)

Switch statement used correctly?

The goal of this program is simple, if the user inputs a number between 0 and 99, the output should be the English word. This is for a Branching Project in ...
[4 replies] Last: Actually using a char array was just a way to not need that space in b... (by newbieg)
<< Operand problems

I am working on a much more complex program than I am used to and I have no idea why << in my cout statement, and < in a if statement will not work. Any advice ...
[2 replies] Last: line 71 and 30: redundant semicolons (by bandicoot360)
FindWindow() -- What is wrong with my code?

Hi guys, first just want to say hello as this is my first post here and I hope someone can help me with the problem I have at the moment. I just want to write ...
[4 replies] Last: OK, I'll try out the solutions you guys suggested, thanks for the help... (by joemolot)
Is C++ compiling any different than on Ubuntu ?

Been using Ubuntu for a while, and have never used Windows to do any programming. On most Linux Distros it is an easy and simple process. Now I'm thinking of in...
[1 reply] : Cygwin would give you a Linux-like environment on Windows. http://www.... (by JLBorges)
Help with Summation program!

Hello! I have written a summation.cpp that calculates the summation of a function. I am suppose to edit this code so that when I write a procedure/function ...
[12 replies] Last: Both are really good codes! Thank you both for your help! Cire, this c... (by bruntmjust)
by colem
cout from array problem

ok peeps, i am new to all of this, i was writing this program, to generate 5 random numbers, and then use those numbers to chose a spot in an array, and print t...
[1 reply] : Check carefully your for loop conditions. Also...holy crap! What's up... (by firedraco)
Need help with Allegro!!

I need help with Allegro 5. All I need help with is Installing it. Right now I have a Windows 7 Ultimate machine. (64 Bit) I don't know how to install it a...
[no replies]
Decimal to Hexadecimal converter

Hey guys, I would like to get your feedback on my dec to hex converter. I've been absent from this site for a while but that's irrelevant. I would also like ...
[16 replies] Last: Thanks Chervil ! (by klutzslouch)
Scanning a *.txt file line by line and checking compatability

How would I scan a *.txt file line by line to see if any of the lines in the *.txt file matched a string input by the user? I am hoping that the program, when...
[3 replies] Last: #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <i... (by Lowest0ne)
by Niven
Getting Input in SDL

I'm making a program that after you lose, if you get a high-score, it lets you input your initials. I've tried to write code for that but it's not working at al...
[3 replies] Last: No, I had not. Thanks, it seems to be working now (by Niven)
Bank Account Problem. Converting a UML diagram to code.

UML Diagram: http://i48.tinypic.com/swpavb.jpg Above is a pic of a UML diagram I got today in class and I am supposed to convert that UML diagram into code. ...
[4 replies] Last: It's kind of rudimentary in terms of how an account is represented (I ... (by randisking)
Getline problem

I'm having a problem with getline making me skip an input part of this program. Run the code and you will feel my pain lol Anyone know how I can fix this?? ...
[10 replies] Last: HAHA Ahhh I get the drift now. Thank you again! (by JBIRD304)
Close a Repeating Main Function

Hi all. I'm very new to C++, really just been learning the past two days. I'm going through the tutorial on www.learncpp.com. I made a variation of his simple C...
[16 replies] Last: Ok cool. I just set the parameters to accept with upper or lowercase :... (by AeneasDaedri)
Help with c++ homework?

Hello all, I'm very new to c++, I've been trying to make these programs work but I keep getting error messages...I only have gotten one problem to work so far.....
[2 replies] Last: Ah!!! it works!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! (by halamaker)
Vector of Structs

I am trying to fill a vector with structs that are read in from a .txt file. This is what I have so far but for some reason it won't read in the info. #incl...
[1 reply] : //Push_back() with an empty struct. //Can't edit a vector with nothin... (by Lynx876)
2 dimensional array

How to generate random numbers in a 2 dimensional array. Searched everywhere to try to teach myself, but found nothing. My teacher kind of sucks =/
[5 replies] Last: Oh ok, thanks! Everyone's answer helped. Just have to re-familiarize m... (by sean903)
by JakOrp
Do while loop problem

I have used a do/while loop in an assignment before and believe I understand them (some on here helped me with it last week), but I cant seem to get my code to ...
[2 replies] Last: Solved (by JakOrp)
Explanation of function

bool inline KEYDOWN(int vkCode) { return (GetAsyncKeyState(vkCode) & 0x8000) ? true : false; } I know what it does, but I have no idea how it works, can som...
[6 replies] Last: I never said he did not (by mekkatorqu)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 656667
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.