Beginners - January 2013 (Page 5)

what interesting and useful stuff a lonely c/c++ programmer can do ?

i am a hobbyist programmer looking mainly for fun (some cash is not bad tbh) , i have programmed bef...
[14 replies] Last: I've been misinformed by some friends who were raging at iOS and Andro... (by LB)
by tatai
combination of data

I have a file with 4 columns of data. each column has 10 rows of data. I want to do all possible com...
[5 replies] Last: use 4 for loops. (by tntxtnt)
by Elize
Should be using overloaded function, using parent function instead

This is kind of complicated so I will try to simplify my problem. Say I have a class Shape, and cla...
[6 replies] Last: I thought maybe your use of -> was important, but Picture stores a S... (by cire)
by gladi
Using const with pointers

Hi guys, I have problem to with this code I couldn't pass the value and print it out. this is ...
[19 replies] Last: You may pass an argument by reference. For example #include <iostrea... (by vlad from moscow)
Need help, no idea on how to do

Hi, I created a simply code of getting the current date. Now, I noticed that after compling the res...
[5 replies] Last: Coder777 JLBorges venkyHyd Thank you for the replies. Appreciate it ... (by MarcusFenix)
by Pebble
Codeblocks not printing £

I ran a program that had a £ in a string but it's printing a 'u' instead. In the string the £ is...
[6 replies] Last: Thank's for the replies, #include <iostream> #include <fcntl.h> #i... (by Pebble)
how to solve C2084 error.

void line_equal() { cout<<"\n\t\t"; for(int i=1;i<=58;i++) cout<<"="; cout<<"\n"; } voi...
[10 replies] Last: This article may help: " Headers and Includes: Why and How " http://w... (by Chervil)
by DELB
Adding a Scoring System to a Word Jumble Game

Hi, I bought Mike Dawson's C++ Game Programming book on Amazon but I'm a little bit stuck on how to...
[5 replies] Last: Your use of enum fields {WORD, HINT, NUM_FIELDS}; is somewhat unusua... (by AbstractionAnon)
Completely Confused with Selection Sorting

Hi there, So, I am having quite a lot of problems working on this program. It is suppose to be a ...
[3 replies] Last: Hooray! I Figured it out! Was actually a simple fix, the for loop was ... (by Merriak)
Looping string bug

Hi everyone. I am teaching myself C++ in my free time and wrote the following as an exercise (which ...
[8 replies] Last: After some testing it seems my only option left would be to make it a ... (by Synergy)
Help with finding number of elements

The situation is that I have an array: a : filled with 10 integers. I need to create a function ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> int num_of(int array , int size) { int num =... (by MiiNiPaa)
help needed

C++ program to perform error repair for the given erroneous string.
[1 reply] : What kind or errors does string have? What kind of repair needed? What... (by MiiNiPaa)
by reidt
Help with Pointers and functions!

Hello guys, totally new to programming so pardon me if this is a really dumb topic to ask! I underst...
[4 replies] Last: - why do you say that in the above code there is no need to pass by r... (by MiiNiPaa)
Simple encryption

Hey guys, I want to encrypt a set of usernames and passwords to be stored in a text file. I intend o...
[no replies]
single linked list!!!

I am trying to build a bag class with single linked list!! I tested my code but I think there is so...
[2 replies] Last: thank you!! (by munjo5746)
undefined reference to

Hello, I have many .h and .cpp programs linked into a main to generate a computation on a vector fi...
[2 replies] Last: You are correct. So, now all compiles like you said. However, when I... (by knowNothing)
Dropping a piece - Connect 4 Game

Im having trouble dropping the pieces into the 2d array. I've spent way more time than this should t...
[5 replies] Last: Okay I'm at home now (as opposed to work) so I have a easier time taki... (by randisking)
random result

how come without using rand(). My program still generate random result. I was trying to make a matr...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! Always got answers so quick here! (by holywingz)
Vector class UML

I am having a hard time understanding UML diagrams. In my textbook there is a UML diagram which I wi...
[1 reply] : It is nothing to do with the vector class in specific, it is just a wa... (by LB)
Reading a textfile line by line

How would I read each line from a *.txt and compare it to a user input string? I can take a *.txt...
[5 replies] Last: Here's a quick mock-up: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #includ... (by LB)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 53
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.