Beginners - January 2013 (Page 5)

Simple encryption

Hey guys, I want to encrypt a set of usernames and passwords to be stored in a text file. I intend on using something like the algorithm found here: http://www....
[no replies]
single linked list!!!

I am trying to build a bag class with single linked list!! I tested my code but I think there is something long with connecting the nodes by using pointers! ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you!! (by munjo5746)
undefined reference to

Hello, I have many .h and .cpp programs linked into a main to generate a computation on a vector filled with student grades. I have tried g++ main.cpp grades....
[2 replies] Last: You are correct. So, now all compiles like you said. However, when I... (by knowNothing)
Dropping a piece - Connect 4 Game

Im having trouble dropping the pieces into the 2d array. I've spent way more time than this should take on these two functions. Anyone spot what I'm doing wrong...
[5 replies] Last: Okay I'm at home now (as opposed to work) so I have a easier time taki... (by randisking)
random result

how come without using rand(). My program still generate random result. I was trying to make a matrix grahic, instead my programs goes wild... I am very curio...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! Always got answers so quick here! (by holywingz)
Vector class UML

I am having a hard time understanding UML diagrams. In my textbook there is a UML diagram which I will list below. What would this look like as C++ code? Once I...
[1 reply] : It is nothing to do with the vector class in specific, it is just a wa... (by LB)
Reading a textfile line by line

How would I read each line from a *.txt and compare it to a user input string? I can take a *.txt and compare the contents to a string so long as the file co...
[5 replies] Last: Here's a quick mock-up: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #includ... (by LB)
Easiest Language to begin with...

I picked up a book the other day in an attempt to learn C++. My goal is to become a game developer, and I thought learning C++ on my own early on would be a goo...
[4 replies] Last: I, personally started with python, HTML and java. It can get you into ... (by inc0001)
Problem with sentinels

Hello all @ c++.com, I am a newb to C++ programming and I'm working on a currency conversion program which converts dollars to yen and yen to dollars for my pro...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks much coder777 for your assistance. I believe I figured out the ... (by bigyankeefan)
Random selection

I am thinking of creating a simple text based fighting game, with upward, downward, and sideways strikes. There would also be upward, downward, and sideways blo...
[1 reply] : At the very beginning of your program, call srand(time(0)); to seed ... (by LB)
Invalid operands and overloaded function error

I am messing around with C++ and doing a ridiculously simple IO program, when I encountered an error. Here is the program #include <iostream> using namesp...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, thanks for the help, I edited my previous post as I fixed the prob... (by Doctor Zombie)
sentinel loops

Hello, I have a question(s) about the format of a sentinel value loop. For my assignment, I must create a program that asks a user to input a phrase and then...
[no replies]
by Insley
Issue with expected output, always comes out 0

I am doing an assignment for c++ class. I have to say that I am a beginner in every sense of the word, and it is an online class, so the pace is quite quick. ...
[9 replies] Last: getData (maritalStatus, children, salary, pension, standardExemption,... (by ne555)
by Ch1156
Program keeps crashing when i play it D:

I am almost done with my text game and I cannot figure out why it just started crashing. I cant post it here cause its too big (762 lines). I can get so far bef...
[12 replies] Last: I don't know whether you had any boring teachers, who made boring stat... (by TheIdeasMan)
by mpack
Expected 'a' before 'a'

I am brand new to C++ and attempting to start with a simple program that adds or multiplies numbers based on the user's input. I seem to be getting the same er...
[4 replies] Last: Good catch on improper use of assignment operator. I didn't notice th... (by kempofighter)
problem with the STL container--map

01.explicit map ( const Compare& comp = Compare(), 02. const Allocator& = Allocator() ); //in the book the instruction said that it is creat ...
[1 reply] : Take a look at this http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/pointers/ Th... (by kempofighter)
Help Censoring Words!

Hey there, I am supposed to modify given code to receive input of sensitive words, receive input of a message, and then censor the whole sentence that contains ...
[1 reply] : Oh, and the problem is that I can not replace the sentences containing... (by iTzBiGENGLAND)
Word recognition

string word=""; std::ifstream in("Testing.txt"); std::string contents((std::istreambuf_iterator<char>(in)), std::istreambuf_iterator<char>(...
[4 replies] Last: Ok thanks, I'll remember that. (by Fatal Exception)
by JakOrp
recursive on all control paths

hi, I searched for this error and found that it arises from function calling itself over and over, where does my code do this? #include <iostream> using nam...
[7 replies] Last: It would appear that you're trying to put the definition of a function... (by cire)
Having A Hard Time with Subroutines

Here's some background. I enrolled last year in an Introduction to C++ course, which I did pretty well in. So I thought I'd test my programs on new IDEs (we use...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks a ton, Zhuge, you helped a lot. Kempo also helped somewhat, tha... (by Patcheresu)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.