Beginners - January 2013 (Page 7)

by Azib
Assignment Soulition

I am BCS student and i have received a assignment. Can someone help me. Objectives The objectives of this assignment are, giving the idea of practical implemen...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks randisking..... (by Azib)
Rainfall Statistics/Array problem

Hey guys, I know you've probably seen questions regarding this program quite a few times on the forum, but I couldn't find one pertaining to the specific proble...
[2 replies] Last: That worked out great, and I actually see where that would be a proble... (by SB Onyx)
Graphic simulation

Hi everyone, I feel like I'm already quite comfortable with programming in the command prompt, and I can also make programs with standard windows-buttons etc. ...
[1 reply] : You should look for the libraries which helps you to draw graphich and... (by MiiNiPaa)
fatal error: QPushButton : No such file or directory

I have an odd error. I have the Qt4 libraries installed and running Ubuntu 12.10. Here is my code: #include <QApplication> #include <QPushButton > i...
[2 replies] Last: Holy Molly! Thank you! (by knowNothing)
C++ as Base for C# and Java

How one can prove that c++ is the base for C# and Java languages, or how c++ helps one for understanding the C# and Java at least if it's not hardcore base for ...
[6 replies] Last: one may disagree c++ has been inflential for Java ....... it's no a m... (by thekami)
simple calculations not working in if else statements

Good morning folks. Taking a c++ in college and i ran into an issue where a simply calculation is not correctly giving the answers. not exactly sure where i am ...
[2 replies] Last: thank a lot for the feedback chervil. I appreciate it. (by barqcider)
Loop

How to create a loop that prints the numbers 1 to 20 but skips 3, 11, and 16.
[4 replies] Last: For loops are probably a better option since we're dealing with an ite... (by newbieg)
by smg443
Filling array from a file with comments

Hi, I'm attempting to fill my array of integers from a file but can't figure out how to make it work if there are comments. Example data file: 3 //commen...
[5 replies] Last: What about using std::getline to read in an entire line to a std::stri... (by Stewbond)
Deallocating memory of an Array in a function

Hey all, I needed some aid with figuring out the program I have written to practice using pointers with arrays and allocating and De-allocating memory. In this ...
[8 replies] Last: Sorry for the late response, but thank you for the help. Got it. It wo... (by ultraradec)
Very Early Adventure game with lots of errors please help

So I am new to C++ and I took a class on it last semester in School. I am very interested in programming and would like to become a Game Developer I made this v...
[4 replies] Last: Line 48 also seems a bit odd to me as well.. if (ExploreFunc = 1 || ... (by mezmiro)
help needed with Box office program

This program does not ask for user input after movie input. Also the calculations are not correct. Can anyone provide some helpful suggestions? Thanks. #in...
[4 replies] Last: Did it work despite that movie was of the type double & not string? (by TheIdeasMan)
palindromic numbers function

Hello every one. I am new to programming so i am sorry if this is a simple question. I am trying to write a function that will return "True" if the number I h...
[5 replies] Last: Instead of palin_test returning a bool - would it not make more sense ... (by TheIdeasMan)
how to get input in structure memeber

Hi i wan to get input in structure memrber ty char array and i tried gets and cin.getline bt the complier do not stops here to get input it moves to the next li...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Chervil.. (by azmizryk)
RPG Inventory

Hey guys, the program I'm trying to write is for a hw assignment. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to a lecture that spoke specifically about this projec...
[no replies]
Wait for a certain amout of time.

Hello, What do I use to make a code to wait a certain amount of time untill exucuting the next line?
[6 replies] Last: Shouldn't it then be MSVSC, since its MicroSoft Visual Studio C++? ... (by cire)
by Yhivu
Help with Recursive on all Paths Warning

Ok, I am a college student, and have been working on a Character Sheet program. Right now all I am trying to accomplish is to create a class for the main menu, ...
[16 replies] Last: [code firstline=2] mainmenu.displayMessage(); mainmenu.menuSelection... (by LB)
Good books

I've been looking at programming for quite a few months now, I've experimented with java, javascript, python/pygame, c# and finally c++. I definitely know that ...
[1 reply] : To Start, I would suggest this book: http://www.amazon.com/Ivor-Horton... (by Oria)
program skipping cin

Does anyone know why a program might skip straight past an input and close? I have a program that has input and output, but once it finishes with its output it ...
[9 replies] Last: http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/variables/ You are trying to save a ... (by ne555)
by Mead
Output problem

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the correct output. #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int degree; int power; dou...
[2 replies] Last: I've fixed the problem which I think was because I had to use Convert(... (by Mead)
by eyali
array and pointers

Hi All, Im really confused about array of pointer... please take a look at the following snippest : int a = {3,4,5}; int * b = a; and...
[8 replies] Last: oops yeah i did, no wait no that tottlay works on my ide oh yeah forgo... (by devonrevenge)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 56789... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.