Beginners - January 2013 (Page 6)

Getline displaying empty character

Hello, I'm using the getline method to get data from the user, store it in a variable called description and then display it later in the code. I use thi...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a bunch, this mystery is solved scooby doo. (by johnnydiamond08)
C++ Math

How to do square of a number in C++?
[7 replies] Last: Absolutely ... (by Sikander Hayyat)
assistance needed in selecting the appropriate variable?

I'm making a small password system (*very* low tech, any dipshit can crack it) . So, the user inputs some random text in, but I don't know which variable to us...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cstdio> #include <ss... (by inc0001)
by colem
percentage of values

if i wanted to give a set of values each a percentage of being chosen how would i go about that for example if i wanted the program to pick a number from one to...
[4 replies] Last: What can you do: #include <iostream> #include <random> int main() { ... (by MiiNiPaa)
annoying rounding problems...

i have made a program and its output is sometimes something like 1.0000005 . that's pretty annoying but i can get it solved with some rounding. but when my an...
[3 replies] Last: hmm ok thank you (by gelatine)
Loops

What types of loops can be nested?
[8 replies] Last: Your post made me chuckle Oria. I would imagine that the compiler wou... (by randisking)
Stuck on an annoying issue

Hello there! This is my first post on this forum ever. I have for the past 2 weeks been working on this issue and I can not for the life of me figure it out...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your answer! This did remove the litte red dot that sho... (by Staffank)
problem in recursion

hello i try to write a recursive programm that will return the segond largest array in the random array, can you help please to understand what it wrong? ...
[2 replies] Last: 1) As Fransje said 2) You doesn't returning anythin at the end of ne... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Pebble
Understanding Classes.

After running the following program but have a couple of question's: 1. The first line in main is: Person people does this allocate space for 128 entrie...
[4 replies] Last: 1) Not space for 128 entries in class Person, but space for 128 instan... (by Fransje)
SDL closes instantly

Hi everyone, I just started learning SDL for obvious reasons. I used the following video as a tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE4KNkABQAY Howev...
[2 replies] Last: I should have seen that myself :P thanks, it works perfectly fine now ... (by simpleasy)
Airline Reservation System (argc/argv and parsing data)

Having trouble with argc/argv and parsing the data in my "void GetFlightData" function. Any help appreciated! #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #in...
[no replies]
by Ch1156
Questions about .cpp and .h files

Ok so i have a large program and lets say i want to split it up into different parts to make it neater and easier to navigate, how would i use 2 .cpp files in t...
[3 replies] Last: Just use multiple headers. I mean you can have any amount of .h files... (by Oria)
hello i need a help in a recursion

i need to place the minimum number in the inition of the sorted array (i did it) and then to sort other by size .please help me in the first function ..where is...
[2 replies] Last: thank you a lot!! (by vladi87)
Dynamic 2d Array

Im working on a connect 4 game assignment using a dynamic 2d array. This double pointer stuff is causing me much pain. I think I'm close. I can't figure out how...
[2 replies] Last: Ahh thank you sir. Fixed my problem. And thanks for the delete advise.... (by xarrtarrant)
by Ch1156
Small problem in password function

I have a password function in my encryption program that has the user enter A password so that no one else can unencrypt their stuff but i have one small proble...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=Ch1156]this has to be a simple problem with the password functi... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Need help passing variables

I need help passing some variables between functions. I know I am doing it wrong, I just do not know how to fix it. Here is the first part of the code which ...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you for the example. I got it! Thank you for explaining it to me... (by Chris1251)
by kikz
how to use float in C++?

hello guys...i just wanna ask u somethin' about float in C++ this is my program: #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; int main (){ ...
[2 replies] Last: Additionally, you should always use double or long double because ... (by LB)
Using vector.size() in a function?

Hi - I am playing with a little program where I create a virtual population. So far, I've used vectors to assign the sex randomly. (vector = randomsex); What...
[1 reply] : You will probably want to be doing it as classes. If you just want to ... (by LB)
const member function

Hi guys, I just want to check if the next statement is correct. Only const member functions of a class can manipulate or called on const objects of the class, ...
[8 replies] Last: thanks. (by cesarknbv)
by JakOrp
identifier not found

I'm probably doing something incredibly stupid, but im getting these errors when i try to compile: error C3861: 'functionThree': identifier not found error ...
[4 replies] Last: thanks for your help guys, as usual its so obvious when its shown to y... (by JakOrp)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.