Beginners - December 2015 (Page 41)

by C0UG3R
Initializing a hash table structure in a class

So I have an assignment where I have to make a hash table and I can't seem to get past the first part of allocating space for it and setting all the addresses e...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure if I'm even setting the table up correctly in the constr... (by coder777)
Help trying to reference class variable in function

Hello. I'm trying to make a text based rpg, and I'm trying to create this function in the player.cpp file void equipItem(weapon weaponVar) { player.equip...
[3 replies] Last: @ YFGHNG Yes, the OP's class does lack an interface of public funct... (by TheIdeasMan)
Linked List Problems

I'm trying to write a program that has a user input student names, their ages, their GPAs, and their graduations dates (i.e. 'F13', F for Fall, S for Spring, th...
[1 reply] : Hi, There are quite a few problems I can see: The implementation of ... (by TheIdeasMan)
SFML Text repeats across screen

Okay I have 1 problem : http://imgur.com/Q4d8hrm I don't want the text to display like that, I would like it to Just update in the same position every frame ins...
[6 replies] Last: Your sir are a genius, thank you so much :) (by FighterCoder)
function F(n,m)

Hi, I'm a c++ Beginner. I need someone to tell me how to write a function for F(n,m)= m*(m+1)*...*n, if m<=n? if you don't mind I need an explanation ...
[12 replies] Last: Realized I made a mistake in my earlier code. What you'll actually is ... (by YFGHNG)
Debugging and COmpiling Hello World program only shows black command prompt without showing "Hello World" text...

I've searched the forums regarding my problem and I'm not exactly sure if this is a compiler issue or a Windows Issue. The problem is not the same as simply ...
[2 replies] Last: Visual Studio was one of the first IDE/compilers I used that's why I t... (by gravyboy25)
Help!

Hi, i have a college work to: 1) Interact with a user using parameter with this informations: *Full name, *School Subjects (>=6), *Grade of each Subject, *...
[1 reply] : See: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/180107/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
passed or failed

Hi, The user input name, id, and a grade for a final. I would like to know how to find the total of student who passed the class and total who failed it. ...
[5 replies] Last: 1. You can't have two returns unfortunately. 2. Also, your for loop is... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
output file name

say i have this code... ifstream fin("test.txt"); int charArray ; for (int i = 0; i < 128; ++i) charArray = 0; if (fin.is_open()); {...
[5 replies] Last: That's not too bad char * inFile = "text.txt"; ifstream(inFile); ... (by keanedawg)
void function string c++

Hi, I am totally stuck in my code and need a little bit of help. I created my structure and now i am trying to create a function void that the user will ...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; struct S... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Access Violation Help

I am keep getting error on access violation. Program suddenly stops another code page appears. I do break. I am closing iosfwd file and then do continue. There ...
[no replies]
splitFirst

Can anyone shed some light on how to do this? I need to do it for a class project and don't know where to start // testsplit.cpp // test the splitFirst...
[1 reply] : http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/string/basic_string/find http://en.cp... (by cire)
by Arsene
having difficulty with enum program;need help before midnight

I am recieivng errors and i do not know why, can someone look at my program and explain to me why i get the errors i get? #include<iostream> #include...
[1 reply] : Line 100 should be switch(planet) , not switch(planetNames); . pla... (by xismn)
by aalrie
Golf score problem

Can someone please help me fix this program? The program is suppose to be of a class that records golf scores on 9 pars, last name, first name, middle initial, ...
[4 replies] Last: Post code again. (by keanedawg)
Loop

I want to make this loop display 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1 but i cannot figure out a way to do so Please help this is the code so far while (...
[6 replies] Last: Sleep slows the program down for the set amount of milliseconds (by Tuttikhan)
How do I insert into string into myfile.open?

So I am making a program that allows someone to make their own text file so I wanted to insert a string into this piece of code myfile.open(".txt"); ...
[1 reply] : I tried myfile.open( name + ".txt"); So long as you use an up-to-dat... (by Chervil)
Max triangle area

I have to write a program that reads a set of points from a text and outputs the area of the largest triangle among all the possible combination of three points...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cstdlib> #include <i... (by remone)
I have a C question

I know this is a C++ forum, but I was hoping someone could help me out with a C question. I have the following code, it prints out a text file that contains: t...
[3 replies] Last: In case it may be helpful to anyone else. my solutions was as follows:... (by cpq2g1zw2)
by Dofzky
Problems with functions on project

I am working on a simple project for class and everything seemed to be working ok with the exception of 3 functions. Whenever I try to compile I get the follow...
[2 replies] Last: It's not the most obvious bug in the world. But look at your bottom 3... (by keanedawg)
December 2015 Pages: 1... 3940414243
  Archived months: [nov2015] [jan2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.