Beginners - February 2013 (Page 11)

need some help figuring stuff

hi i have this problems: 1>h:\comp122\ilab\w6\tayo_mark_ilab_w6\tayo_mark_ilab_w6\tayo_mark_ilab_w6.cpp(90): error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'ar' 1>h:...
[no replies]
Is there some easy way to compare multiple numbers to one number in C++11?

I'm just starting to try C++ 11, and was wondering if I could improve this line sort of thing from my C++03 code: if (a == b || a == c || a == d || ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thanks :) (by ausairman)
pls help

i keep getting the error message of the units not initialize and im have trouble reversing to conversion can anyone help me // this program can conve...
[2 replies] Last: i'm getting the message on every line that has a measurement unit for ... (by imsonotgood)
Can I typedef a member?

I am using a std::pair to represent some coordinates: typedef std::pair<double,double> cart2D; // 2D cartesian coordinates and it would be really nice i...
[2 replies] Last: That's a shame. Thanks though :) (by ausairman)
help with user confirmation in a while loop

hey guys, this is my first time on this forum and i am in need of some help with a small detail of my assignment. here is what i have so far. #include <iostr...
[2 replies] Last: i took your advice and changed it to a do while loop but now my proble... (by chris phillipe)
Can anyone modify this VB code to C++ please?

Hi Guys! I am very very new to C++. This is a code that I wrote in vb.NET previously. This is a button click command: Dim p As New List(Of Long) ...
[5 replies] Last: I changed my list to vector and it did the trick! Thanks a lot for ev... (by Flashbond)
Is my output correct?

Here's the code: #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> using namspace std; class SampleClass { public: SampleCla...
[3 replies] Last: thanks, i didn't realize all the errors. I know nothing about construc... (by chiedozie)
Help with programing project.

I am required to make a program which asks the user for a series of values one at a time. When the User enters the integer 0, the program displays the following...
[2 replies] Last: I'll try it, thanks so much! (by FlyingZebraStraws11)
Horribly dumb question

Please brace yourself for my ignorance as I am EXTREMELY new to C++ and programming in general. I have been following a long with a tutorial from my C++ book...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys. I think using "endl" flows better with my typing preferen... (by Ac1dBurn3d)
by CLU91
Merge two text files with tags

I have to develop a code that merges two text files but i have little clue on how am i supposed to attack this problem. This is what's it: Suppose you have a ...
[4 replies] Last: I found another way too fix my problem. Still thank you. (by CLU91)
Need to do what isalpha does, without using isalpha.

Basically, make a program that has to check whether the user-given input is an alphabetic character or not. I also have to use a function to test the input, and...
[5 replies] Last: Sigh, I completely overlooked these seemingly 'small' details. Thanks ... (by degausser)
by rey9
whats does '0' means in this code?

can anyone tell me whats the meaning of '0' in this code? string add (string &s1, string &s2) { int carry=0,sum; string min=s1, max=s2, result = "...
[7 replies] Last: ahh..now i get it :) thank you very much for the help :) (by rey9)
by shoes
Locating error in a 2d array, certain methods cause program to crash

I have created a 2d array for seating. This array currently only needs to hold ints. I have a main method that creates 2 arrays dynamically, the normal and vip ...
[1 reply] : Here is the class part of the code. If anyone was wondering the progra... (by shoes)
diff c&c++

What is diff. bet. c & c++???& which one is most popular???
[5 replies] Last: what does uday mean O.o (by drew887)
checking char array for specifics

Trying to create a save game file, I ask the user to enter a name of his character. I then wish to check the character array for things like symbols and numbers...
[3 replies] Last: Limiting the characters the user can type, I don't think so. You can c... (by maeriden)
by bumski
Extra line added to stuct field in a vector

Trying to do comparisons using stucts that are in vectors. Except the first element when the stuct.name field is displayed there is a newline inserted prior to ...
[5 replies] Last: No worries (by jim80y)
Setting A Reversed String as a New String

I can't do it. Notes: I cannot use the <string> library, i can only use the <lvp\string.h> library. I'm in a highschool c++ course, and have been programming fo...
[no replies]
User name and password program

Hi everyone, I am just learning c++ in school. I missed out on a bonus question and I must finish it, for my own knowledge. what i want to do, is take th...
[6 replies] Last: for(;;) = loop forever until you break; ex. for(int i = 0;i < 8;i++)... (by greenleaf800073)
Palindrome Program Issues

//I can't see any issues with the way I was using to define String back as String simstring backwards, but I get an on Output Error, saying: //index out of ra...
[6 replies] Last: Yeah, I can't use the <string> library for whatever reason, our school... (by menwithrobots)
Number genereation

For my assignment I need to generate numbers using 1,2,3,4,5 only and arrange in combinations of 4. For example: 1453, 2351, etc till we can have no such combi...
[2 replies] Last: Have you learned about sets yet (to save which values you already have... (by binarybob350)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 910111213... 67
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.