Beginners - February 2013 (Page 9)

Histogram Array!

hey so I have an almost complete program that asks for test scores all entered on the same line and a sentinel value of -1 after the last score is entered your ...
[no replies]
by Ch1156
xoring values from vector?

Ok so im trying to xor values from the vector but im not sure how to go about doing it? #include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; ...
[2 replies] Last: xor needs another value after the operator: 34 ^ 89 cout << (vars.a... (by Smac89)
Arabic Numerals to Roman Numerals

In this question, we will utilize a web service that converts Arabic numerals to Roman numerals. Below is a skeleton for using this web service (gsoapNumRoman.r...
[no replies]
x[i] = i( i=0, 99 ) please help

Hello there, Because my lab instructor is so annoying and he absolutely explains nothing.. Can I get help with this: Question 1: One-dimensional Array ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much for explaining. (by saidalbahri)
by am0n
Can someone please explain this algorithm to me?

using namespace System; void main() { int n; int key; int i; int A = { 66,55,444,33,22,111}; ...
[12 replies] Last: n = sizeof(A)/sizeof(int) This calculates how many items (of type in... (by DevMentor)
Function Understanding

a = "First" b = a //does this not the value "r" to b ? does this work on numerical values? Can I grab more than one at a time? I am working on a projec...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know what port1 or port2 are. As for sending the values, y... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Changing an input to output a "space"

I've been fumbling around with making this tic tac toe program work correctly. When the user inputs a " . " (period) in the array, i need it to just print a b...
[3 replies] Last: No problem. (: (by Lynx876)
typedef scope!?

This is probably something quite simple, but I'm having trouble declaring a typedef in my namespace scope. Here's a simplified example: // typedefs.h namespa...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=ausairman] // class_a.h #include "typedefs.h" namespace MyProj... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Why is the last part of my sequential search algorithm not functioning correctly?

I built my sequential search program and everything checks out ok, but at the last part where its supposed to catch a non existing value and output a message "V...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you fellas I finally figured it out by setting i=sSearch. I didn... (by ApacheOmega)
Class Help

Hello, I am currently a programming student, and i have a question that is similar to nested class's. I want to have a few class's that are coding wise ...
[3 replies] Last: Do you mean something like this: ? Engine.h #include "gameBoard.h" ... (by Lynx876)
Identifier not found

I'm getting the error on add, subtract, multiply and divide. I'm sure i'm missing something really simple but for the live of me i can't figure out what it is. ...
[4 replies] Last: I got it. Thanks for the help, much appreciated. (by Sspangler)
c++ 11 Copy constructor.

So, I've never used a copy constructor before and saw the following post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/93795/ So I thought I'd have a go at it. I...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, ok! Thanks. (by Lynx876)
by Belyvr
Tic Tac Toe Problem

Ok so a follow on to my last post still a newb at this so please bare with me, I can get the game to play but declaring a winner does not shut the game down it ...
[9 replies] Last: I think the last few lines of function CheckWin() [code firstline=23... (by Chervil)
Help with Lottery program

I am having trouble with this program. It works correctly if the user loses but not if the user wins. If the user wins it prints out nothing. #include...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you everyone! Makes sense now, just a dumb mistake I didn't noti... (by ADTR2012)
recursion problem c++

#include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; int re(int); int main() { int a, asd; cout<<"enter number\n"; cin>>a; asd=re(a); cou...
[2 replies] Last: The original program doesn't print all the numbers, it just decrements... (by jim80y)
3 Functions with Loops

Hi guys, Trying to solve an issue while studying but I am stuck. Basically, I have 3 functions. For the first function, I have to convert an input f...
[4 replies] Last: You have a mix of two approaches. If you don't need the values of out... (by jim80y)
Maths Teacher

Hi, I'm trying to develop an application to answer any maths questions. As a maths teacher the maths is easy for me. But how do I print out a divide symbo...
[9 replies] Last: thanks a million, works a treat: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/ascii/ ... (by paulbrassington)
by tpinon
passing arrays to functions

hi guys, need your brains. I'm getting an error when trying to compile. "variable of field "Input" declared void" What's wrong with void? I'm not returning a...
[10 replies] Last: What if user enters 2 employees? Then the entire program will print ir... (by Smac89)
very simple question - multiple source.cpp files

Feel like anidiot for asking this but I am trying to build a program with multiple .cpp source files. When I try to run the program it only will run my main .c...
[2 replies] Last: Multiple files could be considered as just a convenient way of handlin... (by Chervil)
by am0n
What does this mean?

Hello, can you tell me what does this mean int A = { 66,55,444,33,22,111}; n = sizeof(A)/sizeof(int); And what's sizeof(int)?
[6 replies] Last: Thank you all. (by am0n)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 7891011... 67
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.