Beginners - February 2014 (Page 10)

Jumble Game I am working on If/Else Statement Problems

I am working on a basic game. I have it so there can be a level select. It asks for a number (level number) For example: you quit on level two. You restart the ...
[3 replies] Last: You still need the opening brace after the If statements. I just forma... (by wildblue)
Reading from a file

I am trying to read from this file, which is 100 50-digit numbers. 37107287533902102798797998220837590246510135740250 463769376774900097126481248969700780504...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by heyyouyesyouiloveyou)
Do-While Loop HELP!!!!

Hello! There is a lot of code here for a relatively simple question. My Do-While loop at the bottom of main() is supposed to restart the program. (I know there ...
[1 reply] : Add cin.sync(); on line 35. This will make sure anything remaining in ... (by Mats)
I need help with Strings! Thanks in advance!

The line has I underlined has an error message of Bathtub not being declared. I want it to be able to recognize if someone types bathtub into the program. ...
[1 reply] : The compiler assumes that bathtub is the identifier (name) of a variab... (by xismn)
Graphics

Not to toot my own horn, but i fancy myself an okay programmer, been learning for about two years, and I've successfully programmed a bunch of command-li...
[2 replies] Last: There are tons of libraries for graphics, one of which you'll have to ... (by Austin J)
looping help

I am currently working on an assignment for my cs1 class and I would just like some help on figuring out how to set up a loop system. I need to create a console...
[4 replies] Last: actually yes lol (by collumsr)
Trouble with Functions

Hello , I am learning to Program in C++ and i have hit a wall with functions. I have been working on this program for a while. If i input 1234 for the number i ...
[5 replies] Last: thank you jaybob that did it. I was trying to do something very compli... (by eesahee)
Junior competition question

this is the question: Problem Description An artist wants to construct a sign whose letters will rotate freely in the breeze. In order to do this, she must o...
[1 reply] : all your if statements are causing the problem. The first if statement... (by Smac89)
by mlor3
How to update while loop until its correct?

Im having trouble trying to get my while loop to update until it satisfies the function. The goal is to match the x1, x2 with y1 and y2. Any help will be great....
[3 replies] Last: // Get the desired number of steps; remember error checking for (bool... (by Smac89)
Grading Program Using Functions

I do not think I am understanding the instructions given to me in the first place. The instructions look convoluted and messy to me. My teacher makes no sense a...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your help, I was so close. I did not realize you could l... (by blazemadej)
by leo255
C Programming: Problem with my do-while loop (infinite loops/seg faults)

This is a pretty basic program that inputs the sides of a triangle, and determines what kind it is, and what the area is. I've been having some issues with my d...
[1 reply] : Seems like I forgot to put &userInput on line 52. Last questi... (by leo255)
Help with sentinel-controlled loop/switch!

A mail order house sells five different products whose retail prices are: product 1 — $2.98, product 2—$4.50, product 3—$9.98, product 4—$4.49 and prod...
[6 replies] Last: Hmm I might just try again from scratch. Have to finish this in 1 hour... (by GaryTheChallenger)
String to Integer

I have a string which contains a 2 digit number. (exm. string s = "36") How can I convert that string to an integer?
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/stoi/?kw=stoi (by Yanson)
Friendship not recognized. Getting cannot access private member in class 'Account'

I have declared createAccount a friend in Account.h but I'm not able to to directly cout a member variable in account.h from within createAccount MainMenu....
[13 replies] Last: Thanks very much for the detailed response. I hadn't even thought of d... (by theperson)
by twewm
Writing a sort function.

Hi. I was studying c++, instructor skipped creating sort function and used the one in algorithm library saying creating it needs programming techniques I don't...
[1 reply] : On line 5, you have i<vect.size()-1; instead of j < vect.size()-1; ... (by long double main)
Binary Tree Question

Hello, I am having a hard time passing an object into a binary tree. I keep receiving a long error message. Here is my code for main: main.pp #include ...
[1 reply] : Nevermind it works now. It was an issue with my operator overloading f... (by unsensible)
Program that Grades Using Functions

I do not think I am understanding the instructions given to me in the first place. The instructions look convoluted and messy to me. My teacher makes no sense a...
[1 reply] : The instructions seem pretty clear and, based on your program, you see... (by unsensible)
int check

Hello guys, I need to check whether the cin input is an integer or not. (I mean integer not digit.) Part of my code is like; int Size; cin >> size; ...
[1 reply] : There are numerous ways to do this but here is one method: Loop while ... (by giblit)
How do you call inputted information to another line?

I just want to know how to put inputted information into a std::cout line? The bottom line with the hyphens around it is where I am stuck. When somebody puts th...
[2 replies] Last: Integers cannot hold names. Here is a working example of what you want... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Copying inputted information?

On the std::cin line where you input your name, I would like your name to appear on the line after the "So your name is.." line but I dont know how to call the ...
[1 reply] : Just as you were outputting your strings to prompt the user for inform... (by Zhuge)
February 2014 Pages: 1... 89101112... 60
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.