Beginners - February 2014 (Page 8)

A good engaging Beginner book

Hi quick question to all the advanced programmers out there! I'm currently enrolled in a c++ class at my university for my biotech major and i was wondering ...
[1 reply] : one book I would recommend is c++ without fear , a pretty good beginn... (by geniusberry)
Sentence Builder Boolean

Need to have the user keep putting in words to create a sentence at the end after they type stop by using a boolean loop.
[no replies]
by telset
Can some one look at my code

Write your question here. #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include "../../hdrMain/exploreMain.h" enum fit{ RoomEnough, TooHi...
[1 reply] : #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <... (by kbw)
Do while loop problem

This function is part of a bigger program. I am having trouble because everything I write after a do while loop will not execute. The return statement satisfie...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks you dudes! I'm horrible with logical operators I always get it ... (by MarkyMark)
help please!

Help i cant get this to compile. #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main () { char choice, A, B...
[2 replies] Last: http://imgur.com/Yq2scr3 theres a picture of my cmd. (by derpmaster)
Finding prime numbers of an array of integers

I am trying to get my program to work and I think I got it pretty good the only part that I am having issues with is getting the array to display the correct pr...
[6 replies] Last: all updated (by chalupabatman)
do while loop

For this do while loop, I want to display this output (1,2,1,3,1,4,1,5) without changing the value of m. m=0; do { if (m>2) { cout...
[no replies]
by Alby94
Exception

why cant catch my int's throw? vettore <int> v; v.push_back(8); v.push_back(4); try { for(int i = 0; i < 2; i++) { ...
[2 replies] Last: yes yes i'm then able to understand it alone xD (by Alby94)
by Xephyr
First if statement always 'true'.

I've tried many different things but it seems no matter what I do, my first 'if' statement is always true, even when it should be false. This problem occurs in ...
[5 replies] Last: That might just double my code, but it'll probably work. I'll try that... (by Xephyr)
Pulling information from files

Im not asking anyone to write this for me, I am a beginner and need help getting the data for the columns so i can perform my function to output the answers. I ...
[no replies]
A high-level graphics library?

I just want to ask If a high-level graphics library like the low-graphics library? It looks a lot easier than the low-graphics library but does the developer w...
[no replies]
Visual Studio Questions

Does anyone know how to run a program through visual studio with a text file, similar to using "./sudoku < puzzle1.txt"?
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14043986/debuging-with-visual-studi... (by booradley60)
accepting only a pattern input

hi me again.. So in my code i was planning to make a ID in which is pattern as 0000-00-0000(ex. 2014-01-0001)... so if he inputted something like "2014010...
[8 replies] Last: #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<conio.h> #include<cctype... (by madizta78)
Question about one program

Hi everyone i make one program about A Pythagorean triple: To show all Pythagorean triple (x2+y2=z2)smaller then n. Ex:If type 60 to give me all pythagorean tri...
[15 replies] Last: I am begginer and i need this progam for school. (by Schwarz)
Linked List of Linked Lists

Hello! I'm trying to create a linked list where each node contains a grade level (ints), and where each node points to a linked list of students and informatio...
[3 replies] Last: Well, it is whole class. PrintList and Add/DeleteNode will be better a... (by MiiNiPaa)
giving wrong answers

So I am new to c++ and we just learned functions. My program always gives back answers like -6.98765e24 and I can't seem to track down why. It might be somethin...
[2 replies] Last: Please use code tags when posting code, to make it readable: http://w... (by MikeyBoy)
A question about strings

Does standard class string type is auto type casted to a c-string type?
[4 replies] Last: Question was: [quote=EternalFantasy]Does standard class string type is... (by MiiNiPaa)
Trouble with "Back" in a menu

Im trying to create a menu for conversions. Ive created 2 sub menus, but the "back" for the 1st submenu continues to loop and doesnt allow me to return to the m...
[1 reply] : On line 34: I'd say that it should be back 2 (by coder777)
Problem with my search function

so my program is your common student information system.. so i was making my own then when i try my search function nothing gets displayed idk.. what happening ...
[8 replies] Last: Add an extra "getline(cin,ext );" before "getline (cin, idn );". And a... (by abdullahyusefi)
by IGI30
Why graphics is not in C++

We can use graphics.h in C language but not in C++. What is the reason behind it.
[2 replies] Last: You can always use platform independent libraries (by Uk Marine)
February 2014 Pages: 1... 678910... 60
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.