Beginners - July 2012 (Page 7)

by oblaq
Complete Newbie to programming

the other day I wrote this code: // This program calculates student exam average. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; in...
[9 replies] Last: I just wrote so much and accidentally closed my browser... Let's try a... (by closed account j2NvC542)
by abaz01
vector of strings

hi all im trying to write this program that take a char array and outputs a vector string where each string contains one letter more than the previous one howev...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry that I am so late, but this is what I did yesterday. I still don... (by closed account j2NvC542)
(Initializer list problem....

Hello... I am very new to c++ and I have looked everywhere to try and figure out what this code does. I understand the class arguments and that after the colon...
[3 replies] Last: Do you have any source on this? Errr I stand corrected. I forgot I ... (by Volatile Pulse)
I have a problem with my factorial loop

Hey, so I have a problem with my factorial loop here: // Factorial.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #in...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. I fixed the code and it now works well. :) (by noysoffer)
by guima
Problem returning a reference to a file with a get method

Hi guys, I have a class whose one of it's methods has the purpose of return a reference to a private ifstream member. This one: ifstream& FileManager::getFi...
[2 replies] Last: &fileReader returns a pointer to that type. (by Nexius)
Passing arrays by Reference + Return arrays in a function

Hi all! Could anybody give an example of -how to pass an array (either more-d or not) by reference -how to make a function return a(n) (more-d) array ;) ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! void f( int ( &a ) ) { /* some code */ } That was exact... (by Fransje)
Encrypting a dll

how can i encrypt my whole dll file so that my strings arnt so easy to access in a hex editor. I tried to implement blowfish into my source but i could never...
[2 replies] Last: you would be surprised on the history when trying to find something li... (by snaxpax)
Question about delcaring pointers

So I have two questions about pointers. Why can't I output *p off the bat without equaling it to something first e.g.: *p=&x ......and I was under the impressio...
[6 replies] Last: Appreciate all the feedback. Thanks! (by dtaqee88)
trying to use getline to read from file

Hello, I am having trouble trying to use getline to get some data out of a file that was made earlier in the program and put it into an array to be futher proce...
[5 replies] Last: Hi Nexius, I have not gotten passed using std; in the book yet. I was ... (by thumperslpss)
by carl89
Making Code faster

Hi Guys, I've posted my code and what it supposed to do inside the code as a comment. In my opinion it seems working. But It takes forever to find the match, ...
[7 replies] Last: > I use "g++" as my compiler and compiled it on Linux Mandriva. First... (by JLBorges)
I think my "if" statement is broken (1,2)

Hello, I am very new to C++ and have a question about my code. The code is suposed to find the index location in a list of 20 user supplied numbers and return i...
[20 replies] Last: soranz, Pater87, and Volatile Pulse. It works now. Thanks for all of y... (by thumperslpss)
What's the differences of learning C++ online and the book?

What's the differences ;o?
[6 replies] Last: You can get "Thinking in C++" for free. http://mindview.net/Books/T... (by htirwin)
Programmers still use "flowchart"??

Do programmers still use flowcharts? Is it worth learning or I should skip it?
[2 replies] Last: Oh then its a must for me. (by DetectiveRawr)
by mgbuhj
mortgage calculator

I'm trying to make a program that calculates a mortgage using user defined integers, but I keep on getting compiler issues. Here is my code: #include <fstr...
[4 replies] Last: Doing what Gorlash said and then erasing getline(cin, p); solved all... (by ccsdude)
by DanSto
idiot method to transform a 2 color bmp into an 2D array

Hello c++ers! I am quite new to that stuff, and I need a little help from you. I need to read in an always same sized .BMP file and dump all pixels (- will...
[4 replies] Last: Indeed. It doesn't get any easier than easyBmp. (by Moschops)
Easier way to get values in classes?

Notice the code at the bottom of this (part of the program) cout << mcsalad.getname() << " " << mcsalad.getage() << " " << mcsalad.getID() << endl; cou...
[2 replies] Last: ostream& operator<<(ostream& os, const luckyjohn& lj) { // Second pa... (by closed account j2NvC542)
by cacti
2d array output...is odd!

Hi guys, new member. I am in my second term of C++ programming and for one of my projects this term I gotta make a relatively basic tron game.not overly difficu...
[1 reply] : disregard, problem solved. the issue for those that are interested rev... (by cacti)
Interval for random numbers

Hi. I have encoutered a problem, I wasnt able to solve. I wanted to make a program, that guesses the number I have guessed between 1 and 100. I write "high" and...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the response, I will look into it. (by Danwald)
Data Files

Hi i was wondering how to read the first line of a data file again after its been read once already. Thank you
[1 reply] : You could use seekg() to go back to the beginning of the file. This as... (by Zhuge)
string help

I have a customer code that should follow the format of four letters followed by four numbers (i.e. JEFF7465, QUIN2983, etc) I need to validate that the custom...
[8 replies] Last: I'm not sure i understand. It still does not work. I am trying to sa... (by scu1casper)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 56789... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.