Beginners - July 2016 (Page 2)

Middle of Double Linked List

Hi, I want to find the middle node of a dubly linked list, I write this two functions but this not works correctly, the compilator stops the execution when I in...
[no replies]
GUI Programming?

I want to start using GUI's in my program as so far they have all been CLI. Win32 API is a pain in the butt and just makes c++ that much harder so is there any ...
[4 replies] Last: Why precisely are you opposed to Qt? As numerous as its issues are, it... (by Albatross)
Knowledge needed for GUI and OpenGL

Hi guys, I was wondering how much knowledge of C++ would be needed to start programming GUI applications (I would probably use FLTK because I have heard that i...
[2 replies] Last: FLTK is used in Bjarne Stroustrup's "Programming, Principles and Pract... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Creating file name functions

So I know that this is a very basic question, but I've been stuck trying to figure this out for a few days now. I'm trying to write a program in C++ that dea...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> int main ()... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
OverWrite text file

I dont know how to overwrite a text file data, i tryed some of the google found one's but those dosent work. Anyone can say me how and explain me? ex: in value...
[3 replies] Last: +FurryGuy Thanks, i edit-ed something but i used it too! +oren dropit... (by CosminPerRam)
.exe file closes

I'm using .dll and tried to run the .exe application. For example, in generating a random number with a user-input range. I can input just fine. It's just tha...
[3 replies] Last: code::blocks keeps the window open for you. Not all ide's do this. msv... (by Yanson)
only reading first digit C++

i need to multiply each number from input file; i already got each digit of the number doing this EACH_DIGIT=N%10; N/=10; but i cant seem to get M EACH_DIGIT mu...
[no replies]
by MAhmed
Sequence in Prime number

below is the code which tells that the entered number is prime or not but i want a sequence code which also print all the numbers which are divided for examp...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/195127/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by MAhmed
Prime Number

below is the code please check it out and tell me the mistake it is prime number checker but every time it returns "prime" on every number please correct the m...
[7 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/195130/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Undefined reference error for one function

Hi, I'm new and I've hit a wall. I have compiled and linked it but the error says: undefined reference to `out(int, std::string, std::string)' error line: in ...
[4 replies] Last: Oh. I see now. I don't know how to use arrays yet. I only used a frien... (by Xcalibre)
is there a way to reset a boolean variable?

originally i have a boolean variable set to false, and if it met a certain condition, the boolean variable would set to true. so, is there something i can use ...
[7 replies] Last: Note that this line of code ok = !ok; sets the variable to the oppos... (by Peter87)
read file problem.

i need a help on how to read a space in a txt file. my output now is 012-3456789 fernandinho silva i have problem in how to read a space between th...
[2 replies] Last: getline(file1,name,'\n'); yup, thank you. it work now. (by Luisito07)
Loop with char

This assign, I cant understand how it work. The character 'b' is char('a'+1, 'c' is char('a'+2), etc. Use a loop to write out a table of characters with thei...
[11 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { //Upper case for (int i = 0... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
c++ remove duplicates from array

ok... i'm trying to remove same value that is entered something like this Enter a non-negative integer (negative to quit): 1 Enter a non-negative integer (nega...
[1 reply] : The printList function takes the array as a const , but then you try ... (by Arslan7041)
by Voltra
What is compilator doing ?

Hi guys. I'd like to know why when compiled this code needs to be run as administrator ? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> #incl...
[no replies]
overloading insertion operator

just a question I've been reading tutorials and no one actually explains why you need to use an ostream object when overloading the << operator why can't I just...
[10 replies] Last: You can have name clashes. For example say you're doing something simp... (by jlb)
inserting a Node in single linked list at the beginning.

I don't know why my insert beginning node is not working. Help me! #include <iostream> using namespace std; // declaring a Node struct ListNode{ int ...
[1 reply] : Your function has more than one issue, but a fundamental one in it is ... (by keskiverto)
New to C++ displaying a Receipt help.

Hello, I am creating my first programme that allows the user to input how much of an item they wish to have, the price of the item and the number checkout u...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ (by mertsamilgul)
Question about math

Hi, I'm on chapter 4.4 of bjarne stroustrup book. The problem is it has starting to talk about math. Now I'm partly dumb when it come to math. I don't get mo...
[12 replies] Last: I changed the variable in my first message. I think I get it. Thanks (by soulworld05)
by FBHSIE
Modification program

@shadder It worked! Well, kinda. Got rid of 10 errors. : ) http://prntscr.com/bxdwcx //Ashton Dreiling //Sorting Benchmarks exercise #include <...
[14 replies] Last: In the function binarySearch() : for(int i = NUM_FOR_CAL2; i < n; ++... (by Naughty Albatross)
July 2016 Pages: 1234... 30
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.