Beginners - July 2016 (Page 3)

a function that reads two different arrays from a file

Within my code, i have a one-d array that holds 10 students names, while the other array is a 2-d array (is 10x5) and holds the students' score. i'm supposed to...
[9 replies] Last: Glad it helped :) (by Naughty Albatross)
why isn't the address changing?

so you can see by the code that I made a copy constructor but what I read from my book is that when you make a shallow copy and have a pointer in your class/obj...
[9 replies] Last: @furryguy yeah it's probably not the best idea I just took the idea fr... (by adam2016)
Arduino and C++

Hello, I am having some issues with interfacing c++ with an adrunio uino. So my code connects to the board (as confirmed by the lights on the board) but when ev...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you for trying, but that is not the issue it is just talking to ... (by cutiepi314)
Exiting a infinity loop using user input?

I am new to c++ programming and please forgive me if I made silly mistakes. In real world scenario we would always have an emergency exit/stop button if some t...
[7 replies] Last: Yes, that would require non-blocking I/O. Like I said, that's not poss... (by helios)
by CBFD
Clean Text

Hello such : I am trying to create child windows to write texts in other windows with a class, the problem I have is that when you finish typing all the wind...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your answer coder777: At first some texts are, but when I ... (by CBFD)
by Miezip
C++ Roadmap

Is there any specific guidelines on what to learn and when to learn it. I have been on tons of different programming sites, and they all seem to do it differ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, what you need is practice. You don't need to know everything abou... (by coder777)
manipulating the cursor position.

i am making a part of a game that requires a function to control the cursor, in theory what i wrote must work perfectly but i cant understand where is the probl...
[6 replies] Last: thanks! i will play around with your code and adapt it. (by globaltourist)
by Kbott
Question: Classes and array of pointers

So I am working on a program that asks the following: Define a ShoppingCart class which contains as a data member an array of pointer-to-Item (Item*) that ca...
[3 replies] Last: addItem(...) and totalPrice(...) are free function not members of ... (by coder777)
How to pass a particular callback in a function argument

I'm looking into passing this: // core.h VkDeleter<VkDebugReportCallbackEXT>m_callback{m_instance, VkDebug::DestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT}; as the ...
[no replies]
How do I declare an empty variable using a template, then instantiate it in the constructor?

I've got the following code within the private section of a class I call Core: // core.h - variable declarations private: VkDeleter<VkInstance> m_instance{v...
[1 reply] : Nevermind, stupid mistake. Need to pass in a reference of the callback... (by hashbrown)
custom string to char converstion function not working?

I wrote this custom programme to convert a string to char but its giving garbage value // string to char #include <iostream> #include <cstring> char ...
[6 replies] Last: I wrote this custom programme and i copied the above code from anot... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by FBHSIE
Searching Benchmarks program problems (1,2,3)

This is what I have so far. I only got one error surprisngly, but I'm not even sure if I'm following the program instructions correctly or printing (or cout...
[40 replies] Last: You just don't seem to like my presence. At least, you don't seem li... (by FBHSIE)
Lining Up the Decimals

Thanks!
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/195056/ Avoid duplicated effo... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
are these really pointers?

Hi I'm re-reading over a chapter of Alex Allains jumping into c++ and one stanza of the book goes against everything I've learned so far,heres what he basically...
[12 replies] Last: Thanks anon that makes sense so far I find copying objects with the c... (by adam2016)
What's wrong with my code?

The following is a function that tests whether the user entered the right input. In this case, I am testing for an integer and the function works fine. However,...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you both, that was very helpful. I taught myself how to use exce... (by MultiMedia)
SFML - Code review

I would like to stop here and see if any of you can find anything that needs improving before I continue adding new stuff. In my personal opinion I like that th...
[no replies]
Problem updating variables in class object

This is for a beginning programming course. The program is supposed to create a class to store information about different archery shots, then compare two ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a ton for the insight right there! The whole problem makes qui... (by clewis1126)
Error: Void value not ignored as it ought to be

I cannot figure out what is wrong with my program. I have a few errors, but the title is the biggest I think. I also cannot get the numbers before a specified i...
[5 replies] Last: Line 15: showBeforeIndex is declared to return nothing (it's return t... (by AbstractionAnon)
While Looping Error

I have tried multiple times to run this code and other similar code I've written, but I keep receiving a massive error and am left unable to run it. Could someo...
[1 reply] : > but I keep receiving a massive error $ g++ foo.cpp 2>&1 | grep err... (by ne555)
by qpalzm
What's wrong with this Space Invaders code

So i am writing a code for a project, but i can't seem to make it work. It;s supposed to transition from title screen to game area when i press any button, but ...
[5 replies] Last: You did not include #include <windows.h> in your code. You can't use ... (by Naughty Albatross)
July 2016 Pages: 12345... 30
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.