Beginners - June 2012 (Page 9)

MingW

Hey all, I am trying to recompile the source in this thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/73282/ . And I have no idea how i would go about it with Min...
[2 replies] Last: I'll try it thanks :) (by Script Coder)
by enahs
Multithread Help

Hi guys, I am basing my work off of this example : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kdzttdcb%28VS.71%29.aspx Now, the only problem is, when I begi...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for all your help, you da man! (by enahs)
word unscrambling and swapping variable contents

Hi there, I'm just trying to execute the program ideas given by LacViet in this thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/3473/#msg14621 I'm having prob...
[7 replies] Last: 22. Develop a animal classification program base on the animal kingdo... (by fuerchter)
Sorting elements of a one-way linked list

So the task is to sort numbers which are stored in a one-way linked list by changing the links in the list (just changing the numbers contained within is not al...
[8 replies] Last: In sort Elem *before, *here, *after You know, meaningful names. I ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Return line problems -- char to *char

Hi, I'm writing pretty much my first code with individual functions ever, and I've run into a couple of issues when I try to compile it. There are 6 or so fu...
[10 replies] Last: As long as they're arrays, yes. If they're single ints or chars then ... (by MrHutch)
by kmc
best way to store and serve XML strings ?

Hi Guys, I have a situation where my C++ program has to store ten different xml files of datasize of more than 1000 words each as a string and serve to reque...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure if pre-loading all XMLs, and storing them as std::string,... (by Abramus)
by komp20
derived class question

hi everybody, I have the following question: when I declare a class then define its member functions and member variables and then create another class(derived ...
[3 replies] Last: oh, that worked ! thanx a lot ! :)) (by komp20)
Passing cin input to a function

#include <string> #include <iostream> using namespace std; class days { private: string starttime; public: void PutStartTime(string& str) { ...
[7 replies] Last: If everything was public, then changing the CenterPoint would invalid... (by korshyadoo)
Fibonacci series (1,2)

hi guys,nid to write a fibonacci series less than 100 but dont to use #define fibonacci,anyone help?
[20 replies] Last: There is no limit of the improvment.:) Thus the next release is #i... (by vlad from moscow)
Inheritance help

Hi guys, Having an issue with inheritance. Here's what I need. 1.)Derive publication2 from publication. 2.)Derive Audio from publication2 3.)Derive ...
[4 replies] Last: Just wondering what is the purpose of the Publication2 class ? (by TheIdeasMan)
Issues with Hello world

Hi All, I am VERY new to C++ so please bear with my ignorance/stupidity. I have a Teach yourself C++ book and the first chapter asks me to create the hello wo...
[5 replies] Last: Why this is not explained in the book I have no idea. because it is... (by Jikax)
arithmetic sequence ?

hello i'm making a program that finds an arithmetic sequence (for example 5,7,9,11,13,...) in some numbers but my if clause is way too long so i was wondering i...
[2 replies] Last: thanks and it works (by gelatine)
by jorz
struct

Hi all, what is the difference between struct my_struct { int one; int two; }; and typedef struct { int one; int two; } my_struc...
[4 replies] Last: There are many details that you should take into account. I will show ... (by vlad from moscow)
by Lark
Array Seg Fault

I'm getting a Seg Fault (Segmentation fault (core dumped)) and for the life of me can't find where it's coming from. Relevant code. int datapoints = 4000000;...
[15 replies] Last: I recommend valgrind. (by Peter87)
Game_using xml file for store info & read it

hi... I have HW that I must read Info of my GameObjects(health, atack_range, cost ,...) from XML file... I use Qt and QXmlStreamReader Class in it..but I don't...
[3 replies] Last: how can I use "QDomDocument"? (by saeedeh)
by Tapor
Comparing 2 files problem ?

hey guys I have this problem, I have a text data file “teams.dat” that contains information regarding the european’s football teams. The structure of the ...
[9 replies] Last: thankx guys for your help and suggestions.. http://dissertationwriting... (by dustinbridges2)
invalid choice problem

I'm trying to dismiss an invalid choice. Everything works fine unless user enters 1. When 1 is entered it does its job then instead of finishing main, it goes t...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks for reply, after searching for hours, I found this which also w... (by closed account 35G3T05o)
Timing Efficiency

I have been wondering about this for some time, but is there anyway in C++ to time the length (in milli seconds, seconds etc) of your program. Working on some o...
[4 replies] Last: no problemo glad to help :p (by gelatine)
by djru
Loop running forever once I try to terminate

I'm at the very end of this calculator program, everything is working perfectly. Besides the fact I cannot get this loop to end. I can't end it with while...
[2 replies] Last: I still have i a lot to learn as far as how variables are allocated in... (by djru)
Error with conversion: char * to char

Hello There, I was trying to pass the char value to a function and there compare the character with another character and return if its true or not. I get the ...
[4 replies] Last: Hello, Thanks for the response. My intention is not to use pointers... (by blaxinix)
June 2012 Pages: 1... 7891011... 51
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.