Beginners - June 2016 (Page 5)

Function crashing on specific data set

I'm trying to find the mode of an data set, and am using 2 different data sets. One set definitely has a mode in it (this set runs with no problems) The other ...
[10 replies] Last: You are a wonderful person and I like you. Thanks very much! Both file... (by risenashes)
Infinite loop while using cin

Hi all, I am taking a intro to c++ class and I am stuck. My code keeps looping to this: Choose (o O) for overtime pay, (g G) for gross pay,(n N) for net pay,...
[6 replies] Last: It looks like you added multiple code blocks. Since you have only one ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Need string splitting advice

Write your question here. Hey guys, I made a simple calculator that takes user input, and does operations and then returns the results. Currently, to do an o...
[4 replies] Last: Definition of an interpreter is: searching for patterns in a string. ... (by closed account 48bpfSEw)
Why does this condition work? (for loop,linklist)

could someone explain to me why the condition for the for loop below (the r->link != NULL) works? void linking(int q) { node *temp = new node(q); i...
[4 replies] Last: oh I actually missed the " ; " in the for loop. That's a very easy ... (by dhayden)
by mmgh
vector iteration

Hello, This is a simplified code. Do you think can I write the code like that or there is a better way of doing that. class A { private: ...
[1 reply] : [is there] a better way of doing that? It depends on that you're try... (by dhayden)
char space issue

i am having a problem with my code, because it compiles just fine. the only problem i am having is that when i type in say a full name with space in between the...
[9 replies] Last: // http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11835226/program-skips-cin-getl... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Spits out random numbers/letters

Runs OK but spits random code. #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <string> using namespace std; string characterGenPrGood(); void...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. Dunno why I didn't look at the compiler... (by FreshBoi22)
by mmgh
iteration over two vectors

Hello, I need to know what is the fastest and the safest way to iterate over two vectors. For example, in this code, what is the fastest way to find all the ...
[1 reply] : Yes, you can use using . Note the declarations need to come after t... (by TwilightSpectre)
distance class

I was working on a program that deals with adding and subtracting distances (given in feet and inches). the output is suppose to be : d1: 0' 0" d2: 2' 5.9" ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you all for your input. Thanks to your help, finally got it to w... (by simplesam)
For Loop With Specific Inputs

I need to write a program that uses nested for loops to find the range for trajectory for initial velocities of 0, 1, 10, 100, and 1000. I can write a program t...
[2 replies] Last: Edit: I didn't see AbstractionAnon 's post :+) Hi, You could have a... (by TheIdeasMan)
Math operator fails

Dear programmers, I'm writing a program that asks for the number of items ordered as input and the price as output (considering variable discounts). The user ca...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks all for your valuable input and help. I tried what Necip sugg... (by Abe Khademi)
Confused on Private and Public Member Variables

Hey guys, I am very confused on when I should be using the "private:" and "public:" in classes. I normally use structures which make all member variables/functi...
[5 replies] Last: Oh okay, thanks a lot! I get it now :-) (by closed account 3voN6Up4)
about projects

is there projects for beginners which are long,easy and there difficulty curve increasing by time that i can be good as a beginner .
[4 replies] Last: I agree, Project Euler is definitely a good option, but I wouldn't say... (by RUNNER PRO AGARIO)
Serperating Classes into files not working

Hey guys, so assume I know nothing when answering this. I am trying to create new classes in seperate files in Code::Blocks and I create the appropriate files a...
[1 reply] : if you have move your file , your ide wont necessarily know so you hav... (by Ericool)
by hrxs1
Median of push.back vector

Hello everyone, I am currently teaching C++ to myself using the book of B. Stroustrop. In one task, one shall write program that pushes back input values into...
[5 replies] Last: Much thanks. You helped me a lot. (by hrxs1)
by ps1604
need some hand

WAP a C++ program using Structures to calculate the total and average of scores of a selected student. The program should prompt the student to input the stu_id...
[2 replies] Last: I'm bored, so I'll do your homework for you as a sketch! ^^ WAP a C... (by closed account 48bpfSEw)
Library management system

I made a library management system that has a few problems. First of all, when you add a new book to the system it works but it automatically brings you to the ...
[1 reply] : First of all, when you add a new book to the system it works but it a... (by coder777)
by hav206
need help with

Write your question here. I am using hash table to store a string. I used the bucket to store my string. However, when I compile it, it just got stop debugging ...
[2 replies] Last: hi programmer007 thanks for your replying, i have updated the class my... (by hav206)
assigning char with parallel arrays

Within my program i am supposed to assign one array (student_name) with grades by using a parallel array (grades). i'm not sure how to assign the student_name a...
[10 replies] Last: Keeping in mind also that the average and grade are derived values an... (by shadder)
Array to store value each time calculated by equation whenever the function is called

Hello everyone! I am new to c++. I have to calculate a value via equation and store that each time whenever the function is called. I have created an array of s...
[4 replies] Last: Then how should I implement it? (by Aisha1234)
June 2016 Pages: 1... 34567... 25
  Archived months: [may2016] [jul2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.