Beginners - March 2012 (Page 3)

Header files

Can I pack other header files into 1 header file? if so, how?
[1 reply] : You can do it the same way as you include headers in program module. ... (by vlad from moscow)
Baby names

I have to go through a file with the top 1000 baby names of 2004. The file is formatted like 1 Jacob Emily 2 Michael Emma... The user needs to be able to en...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah that would have been smart. I was convinced that wasn't even the ... (by Ryan Bush)
GNU MP library

I'm trying to use the GMP MP library for floating point calculations. I've tried to read the manual but it makes very little sense to me and there seems to ...
[no replies]
Problems with console

Hi. I'm an -absolute newbie- and I'm trying to write a calculator in C++. I use Dev++. I currently have the code (below) that asks the user for 2 numbers and...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { int Number1... (by Subzero030201)
Simple Explanation of string s(argc[1]);

Here's a sample snippet of code: int main(int argv, char* argc ) { string s(argc ); int i = atoi(argc ); .... I would just like someone to clea...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the quick reply Moschops! :) (by dmanniteaux)
Determining truth

I've written a program for class that is a guessing game. The user inputs a number, and the number is compared to an existing array. The only problem is, my fun...
[6 replies] Last: It works now! Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. (by EricaFH)
by Hucaru
[Help] Writing a simple address book

Good day, I am new to c++ and have decided to do a project that can start of simple and can be upgraded as I get better to help me learn. I have chosen to make ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! here is my implementation for it: void Person::set_name(char... (by Hucaru)
error: expected unqualified-id before ‘while’

I know, similar ones are already posted, but cant seem to understand the problem from those....... I am getting an error "error: expected unqualified-id befo...
[4 replies] Last: I'm wondering if something in the cppfsm namespace is clashing. I can... (by cire)
most basic and long tic tac toe game

#include<iostream> // my first EVER game 27/03/12 using namespace std; int main() { char a = '1'; char b = '2'; char c = '3'; char d = '4'; ch...
[no replies]
string to int help?

How do you convert a string to an int (like "842" would become 842), and how would you check if a string can be converted to an int like that?
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cstdlib/atoi/ (by clanmjc)
Interface?

Last 3 weeks i have been studying the programming basics and made some c++ programms that helps with calculating all kinds of high school math things. But i'm k...
[2 replies] Last: So you write your program int c++, but with windows.h library, which m... (by Emerican)
oaky i got it down to 2 errors HELP!!!

g labs\lab6.exe" -g3 -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\backward" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\mingw32" -I"C...
[8 replies] Last: Here is you declaration. int GPA; si I do not see that GPA is an ... (by vlad from moscow)
what is the error with bool function getElement

This program works until I get to the member function getElement, which I have commented out so the first functions work. getElement is called from the unionOf...
[5 replies] Last: The unionOfSets works!!!! OMG...I am thrilled!!! Thanks again. Now ... (by marcia1010)
How to Cout a WHOLE array?

Hi! I'm creating a game where a user is able to move. I'm powering movement using a multi-dimensional array ( ) My question to the community, is how woul...
[4 replies] Last: I wasn't sure how to explain it, and didn't want to leave him all by h... (by paulthepenguin)
Maybe someone can help me with this.

So i just made a script, that ofers you to calculate either capacity or field of a ball and also i added a loop, so it offers you to calculate again. The only p...
[6 replies] Last: Heh, i must be a retard or something, but i'm just to unexperienced to... (by Emerican)
Please help - Linked List

Hi - I am desperately trying to finish my project and I cannot get the "insert" function to work properly. Basically, the function is going to receive a string...
[3 replies] Last: Well, erase is very much like insert. the if clause and the loop. Just... (by coder777)
Function call and repeat loop

I want to verify if the following is proper or allowed: I need to use a function call but also want to use a repeat loop. Is the below allowed (this is pseudoc...
[no replies]
Finding smallest value in an array.

I'm trying to write a function that runs a loop to find and display the smallest integer in an array. This is for a much larger program for class, but this what...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much! (by EricaFH)
How random is acctually the random function?

So i was messing around and testing some things and i made this absolutelly useless programm. So i wanted to learn to use the rand function and to calculate the...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for this. (by kswaby10)
due at 4pm texas time.

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; //this program is going to output the student id and gpa in accending order //function prototy...
[2 replies] Last: Upload your Lab6.cpp and Lab6.txt file, and your GPA data file. I will... (by Glenda Hayes)
March 2012 Pages: 12345... 71
  Archived months: [feb2012] [apr2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.