Beginners - March 2012 (Page 4)

why and how does this size() value change?

this has been bugging me for hours :( i have marked some numbers in the code to follow. 1) the size is 226 2) the size is 233 3) the size is 390 then the s...
[4 replies] Last: What Peter87 said, is exactly what is happening. In the first case 1)... (by clanmjc)
Returning Values

I'm writing a program for school in which the user must give 2 numbers and then the program will return the two numbers telling which one is the lowest. #inc...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I had my assignments backyards, after i switched them it worke... (by davesjada44)
Having trouble with void functions.

Doing homework for a class, and I'm having trouble getting my program to stop throwing errors back at me. I got through my pants-on-head moment which prompted m...
[3 replies] Last: Alright. #include <fstream> int main() { std::fstream a; s... (by Albatross)
Stuck in an infinite loop

My partner and I are making the game of Chutes and ladders. But our program will not get into the for statement it just keeps printing "?". #include<iostrea...
[4 replies] Last: btw, srand is just use one time though... (by chipp)
by Jay23
Copy Constructor issue?

I have a class which does not have copy constructor or operator= overloaded. The code is pretty big but the issue is around this pseudo-code: ClassA object1...
[6 replies] Last: Yes. You need to invoke the copy constructors of members y, b and i. ... (by cire)
Y as Consonant vs. Y as Vowel

Hey all. I have written a program that takes sentences in English and translates them to Pig Latin. However, the only thing I cannot figure out is how to wri...
[14 replies] Last: @ Spikes6669 That is very common. (by Duthomhas)
Why isn't this class compiling?

#include <cstdlib> #include <vector> #include <iostream> using namespace std; class SpeedRadar { public: double averageSpeed(int minLimit, int ma...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome, thank you! Im still getting used to classes and how their str... (by vulcant13)
by smc935
decode an rle into a 2-d array.

this is the console input: (":" as separator) 11:+8:.2:+8:.2:+8:.11: and the output: ++++++++++ +........+ +........+ +........+ ++++++++++ i already have ...
[no replies]
Binary Search Tree: Output

I am unable to get this to compile do to a symbol referencing error. As far as I know it is a problem with the outputting print functions. Header File: #...
[3 replies] Last: Try to respect the prototype ostream& operator << (ostream &out_s, c... (by ne555)
same same but different???

i tried a bit of code out in a simple form and it worked fine. then i tried to implement that code into my real project and i used EXACTLY the same structure b...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for the = and == explanation. and equalizedHistogram.size() do... (by liquidmonkey)
Help with program just closing

#include <iostream> #include <unistd.h> #include "windows.h" using namespace std; void stats(int HP,int atk,int def); void items(string item); void Skebattl...
[no replies]
by boaz
Please help

I did this much but i am getting this error message - 1>c:\users\boaz george\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\program 9\program 9\program 9.cpp(46): warnin...
[2 replies] Last: But why can't I build this in visual studio? It gives me build failed... (by boaz)
Multiplication... Without multiplication

Ok so I've been given a handful of assembly assignments, and one of them is just to read in 2 integers, multiply them together, and then display the result. I w...
[11 replies] Last: It makes a difference with algorithm speed, so yours performs faster t... (by Duthomhas)
number --> -1.#ind

I am calculating some operations with arrays. At one point my array give me this value on the screen --> -1.#ind What is happening¿?
[1 reply] : #IND: Attempt to divide by zero. #NAN: Not-a-number . It usually mean... (by closed account zb0S216C)
check input

how can I check if the input is integer or lettters? The program asks to enter an integer. IF the input is letter , the program should prompt the user that it i...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Jason Kurian)
noob need help...

i have just started learning c++ i don't know what's missing, the same errors all over... #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() ...
[1 reply] : You are trying to take input from the keyboard and store it in endl .... (by Moschops)
3x3 Matrix

Pls help me,i've been trying to write a cpp program that solves a 3x3 matrix problem,but ALL i kept writing is a 3x3gibberish.Any help would be appreciated
[5 replies] Last: There is a formula for the determinant of 3x3 matrix. See http://en.wi... (by hamsterman)
Templating

Hi guys. I'm having problem with template. Please enlighten me. The files are listed below. BinaryTree.h #ifndef BINARYTREE_H #define BINARYTREE_H #incl...
[3 replies] Last: You have to put the function definitions in the header files. (by Zhuge)
HELP!!! Error: string out of range

So I had a whole bunch of runtime errors that I posted last night for my program sue this morning(eek!) but not it complies and I was starting to get the progra...
[no replies]
by rome
Function Header

Hi Guys, Many thanks for all that assisted in my previous problem. I have one more problem i cannot get my head arround: I am supposed to say why the fol...
[2 replies] Last: hi hutch Thanks for coming back to me. Ive been trying to figure out... (by rome)
March 2012 Pages: 123456... 71
  Archived months: [feb2012] [apr2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.