Beginners - March 2019 (Page 22)

A problem.

So, this may make me seem VERY slow(Heh, I kinda am...), but, I can't figure out how to start coding on here. Could I please get some help?
[4 replies] Last: Okay, thank you, I get it a little bit more!! (by Mercious00)
Help With Make

I am using OSX and want to compile and use the libraries from this GitHub repo https://github.com/nmoinvaz/minizip - I have downloaded the repo and cd into the ...
[9 replies] Last: IDEs (Like NetBeans, Visual Studio, etc.) will often use their own "wo... (by Ganado)
Max value

Hey! I had to write a code to display 20 temps in an array and then get the max and min values. My min value is correct but max isnt even close what could the p...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you! Also I individually wrote each because when I did just n ... (by Mahnard)
Passing Pointers

Q.) I did just pass the pointer into the function, and it did work only within the function. In main, the pointers were not swapped. So, I eventually tried to ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks !! I did not know that ... (by rhamm5798)
Can cin.fail() be used to detect non integer inputs?

I want to check if an input is a number or not, and only accept it if it is. int a; do{ std::cin>>a; if(std::cin.fail())std::cout<<"gib number\n"; }...
[1 reply] : Well it would, but you need some way to get rid of the bad input as we... (by salem c)
by jesi
Shorten my code, i want to compare my work to yours.

any idea on how to shorten this code? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int num1, num2, num3; cout << "Enter three ...
[4 replies] Last: @ jesi So far, yours is the cleanest code here that doesn’t change ... (by Duthomhas)
why cant i modify the value of a (private) member variable

i can not change the value of "int index" no matter what i try i have tried thus far using 1)index++ 2)this->index++ 3)using a set_index() fucntion 4)chang...
[3 replies] Last: @dutch thanks for tips @jonnin the issue was from outside the class ... (by Kallinteris Andreas)
by yat89
Splitting/dividing vector

Hi everyone. I would like to ask. I got a task to split or divide vector and copy it into new vector. I don't have idea how to do it. Is there any ways to do it...
[3 replies] Last: Hi nuderobmonkey and keskiverto, Thanks a lot for the help from both ... (by yat89)
by RahRah
validating marks

Were am i going wrong with the if else statement.It is not validating the marks wether they are above 60% and if the candidaate qualifies for the bsc comp scien...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=RahRah] explain This part if ( *min_element( mark, mark + examm... (by lastchance)
by Hajo93
QT insert pic

I want to insert a photo into a label on QT QPixmap pix("C:\Users\haral\OneDrive\Documents\NY\Nyeveier.jpg"); ui->label_Pic->setPixmap(pix.scaled...
[4 replies] Last: Example (assuming you have created the *.ui): main.cpp: #include "W... (by Enoizat)
std::array with non-compile-time-constant

Is it possible to initialise an std::array with a non-compile-time-constant? Or is the only option to use a vector? std::array<std::string,people> names;...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by calioranged)
by RahRah
If else not responding

The if else part is only picking one situation and not the other were am i going wrong.it is meant to select one option and then give results using the overload...
[4 replies] Last: thank you so much for the assisstance (by RahRah)
input

I wanna to give two input file to my code.How do it? Why this is not correct? while (input) { input.getline(str , 255); input.getline(coef...
[13 replies] Last: @coder777 Thanks. I find my mistake. Now code work correctly. (by jasper hall)
toupper();

I have a palindrome function that returns true if a word can be spelled the same way backwards as it is forward. The function works but I need to make it so it ...
[2 replies] Last: This line is pointless - why write out the same thing each pass throug... (by lastchance)
by Ceche
C question

In a program I am working on, I put this on accident: float *coefficients = malloc(number_coefficients*sizeof(float)); instead of this: float *coeffi...
[2 replies] Last: > or is there some kind of implicit casting going on that makes the fi... (by salem c)
Unhandled exception

I have a code like this: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; struct Fraction { int nu, de; }; void Enter(Fraction *&f, int...
[6 replies] Last: Oh thank you. Now the output is correct. Have a good day! (by thinhphucvang)
by kenken
Using a function of type bool as a condition for while loop

I get error (C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer) when i used a bool function as the condition in a while loop. Can someone please help me. The ...
[1 reply] : Like this. do { } while ( again() ) (by salem c)
Tax form project

I have a program i have to do as a income tax form and I honestly do not know how to structure the if/else statements and really need help writing it ASAP. I...
[9 replies] Last: . (by salem c)
by Houd
Weird Inequality

I saw some weird code lately, it looks something like this: bool mybool = 1; int myint1 = 2; int myint2 = 2; mybool = myint1 != myint2; cout << mybool...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, That makes sense now, thanks. (by Houd)
For loop isn't working properly

Im trying to write a nested for loop that gets the data from an input file. The for loop will check the student and the 3 courses they are taking the 5 test fro...
[7 replies] Last: Hello dbarclay100, In testing the new code I found the line 109 works... (by Handy Andy)
March 2019 Pages: 1... 202122232425
  Archived months: [feb2019] [apr2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.