Beginners - March 2019 (Page 24)

A good place to host C++ code and create GUI?

I've made a C++ code that I want to create a GUI for and host. I'm new to this and I've been told that there's websites that make the GUI for you instead of bui...
[1 reply] : There are a couple of different options available when it comes to mak... (by Tom56785)
by obeeey
Kruskal's algorithm - cpp graph program

Hi :) I'm trying to figure out where should I change this code to get the valid answer for MST graph. This code is not completely mine, but I really need to ...
[3 replies] Last: Hey Duthomhas, you helped me with this... thanks a lot. As you predic... (by obeeey)
Back engineering simple code with classes

Hi all, so at the moment Im doing some assignments involving C++ classes, I think I understand them fairly okay now, but this is a bit challenging none the less...
[8 replies] Last: computer.h #ifndef COMPUTER_H #define COMPUTER_H #include <string> ... (by JLBorges)
by mke48
Cannot Declare Abstract Variable errors

I have the following code: https://pastebin.com/UZayX96v https://pastebin.com/haqnCLGU https://pastebin.com/PZMxS90q https://pastebin.com/k8yP1jqQ https:...
[1 reply] : You cannot define the same class twice. When you implement the member ... (by Peter87)
Application using File I/o

I am writing an application that will figure out the hotel occupancy. I previously wrote the program using user input but now I need to modify it to use file I/...
[1 reply] : I think you can replace all the old cins with inputFile eg inputFile ... (by jonnin)
Answer

Here’s an answer: No. For your future reference, social norms, not just online norms, really expect you to show some tact when asking people for stuff. S...
[1 reply] : looks like another codechef cheater, nothing to see here. (by jonnin)
Chars, Strings and Pointers (1,2)

As a long-time VB programmer and neophyte in C++, I am going mad trying to sort out how to manipulate characters in the way that I want! The requirement is sim...
[20 replies] Last: Whoa! Let's dial it back, guys! I'm far too long in the tooth to get... (by PhilTilson)
by Alb13G
Clarification Needed on teachers statement

My teacher made this statement regarding the attached code "In the tip program, move common statements outside of the if/else structure and instead use it to p...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help Andy and Grimes (by Alb13G)
preference question

Write your question here. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int engima(int a, int& b) { static int c = 0; c = a++; //w...
[5 replies] Last: "Precedence" is only about the placement of invisible parentheses. I.e... (by dutch)
by Horror
Homework Issues

So I'm writing a program that has the user input five Candidate names and their total votes. The code is as follows: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #i...
[5 replies] Last: Hello Horror, You define your arrays with a size of 50. Why all the w... (by Handy Andy)
What topics does this cover in ?

Hi. Im currently a student enrolling for object oriented programming c++. I have a code I couldn't solve. I tried inserting a few new method but also can seems ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you for the links :D and also the solution (by rarian10)
Unused parameter Warning in Polymorphism

I'm trying to eliminate Warning: Unused parameter. Shape has 4 parameters. Shape(float a, float b, float c, bool v) I keep putting 0, but I get...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you. That's exactly what I needed. (by darkknight914)
Nested for loop. Help Please!!!

Im trying to write a nested for loop that gets the data from an input file. The for loop will check the student and the 3 courses they are taking the 5 test fro...
[1 reply] : dbarclay100, instead of double posting http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/... (by Enoizat)
Smart Pointer Inside a Class/Struct

I am reasonably familiar with the concept of smart pointers. But I struggle to get my head around how these would be used as members of a class/struct. Quest...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you, Cubbi! I wouldn't have found those information. (by Enoizat)
C++ Draw Card function

I am reading Brain Overland book and my brain is having a seizure trying to understand the logic of the following function "select_next_available" #includ...
[9 replies] Last: Heh, modern C++, if written correctly , looks strange because it is c... (by Duthomhas)
I need help

Hello, I am 14 years old, I am interested to learn C++ but I don't know what is the use of C++. I know it's used to make games and stuff but what is exact use...
[5 replies] Last: c++ is a high performance general purpose language. It can do most th... (by jonnin)
How to Access Data in a Set of Vectors?

I am trying read in a bunch of words from a file, store the words in a set (thus getting rid of any duplicates), and then print the contents of the set. I origi...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> #include <vector> #include <... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
is std::map appropriate here?

Hi I have a function where one of the arguments needs to be a series of associations between an enum and a double. Each enum will be unique but enums may hav...
[5 replies] Last: If the map makes the user’s life harder, then don’t use it. Howev... (by Duthomhas)
by Alb13G
Problem with 'while' validation Y or N statement

For the weather program, validate that the temperatures are between -20 and 120 degrees and validate that the user has typed an acceptable answer in response to...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Ganado I understand why Thanks again (by Alb13G)
by tsofb
Loop within a loop

Hello, My homework assignment is to output the first 5 even numbers on 3 lines, similar to below: 2 4 6 8 10 2 4 6 8 10 2 4 6 8 10 I can print something...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { for (int c... (by Manga)
March 2019 Pages: 1... 22232425
  Archived months: [feb2019] [apr2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.