Beginners - May 2012 (Page 58)

Overloading << operator for a Vector3D

Hello I'm trying to overload a << and >> for a Vector3D class and I'm completely lost on how to do it. If anyone can help me it's be greatly appreciated. Here i...
[6 replies] Last: Put at semi-colon at the end of the closing bracket of the class. #in... (by histrungalot)
by harel
H-E-L-P!!!question about "copy" )-:

Hi, In the attached code, I used the function "copy" of the library < string >. The problem is that I want that in the end of the string " h_char " I will have...
[2 replies] Last: thank! its work! (by harel)
A brief C++ tutorial

https://sites.google.com/site/eugenestutorials/cpp.pdf?attredirects=0
[3 replies] Last: I'm just hoping he was looking for feedback and not presenting a finis... (by cire)
No data output/blank screen.

Hi, I am working on this program that counts the number of letters, words and lines in a given text file. So far, I have developed the code to count the number ...
[8 replies] Last: get a word check with isalpha()/isdigit()/atoi(). The better you und... (by richardforc)
getters and setters

For a project i need getters and setters. The problem is that only when i inizialize my value and set it, the value is correct and updated. But futher use doesn...
[1 reply] : But futher use doesn't do anything. You'll need to elaborate on that... (by MrHutch)
by Arres
Class composition help getting error.

Date.h actually validate and display the date. //Date.h #ifndef DATE_H #define DATE_H class Date { public: static const int monthOfYear=12; Date(in...
[2 replies] Last: iHutch105 thank you very much, I appreciate it that you looked my code... (by Arres)
do while loop problems

In the code below I have 3 loops, all with if and else statements in them. The purpose of having these loops is to ensure the user types a valid integer in. Whi...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/input-output.html#faq-15.3 (by cire)
CODE DOESNT WORK!

Hi! Ima beginner, and I recently made a piece of code. But I got no idea WHAT I did wrong! Please help #include <iostream> #include <string> int main(void...
[7 replies] Last: Um. You will understand it quickly when you get to arrays. What char... (by needhelp2345)
No match for Operator

Hi im getting an error: 53|error: no match for 'operator==' in 'cells .Battleships::Cell::processAttack() == (Battleships::Cell::State)2u'| The error comes...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks :) always something stupid like that :( (by JOZZIE52)
how to reset an array

This is function within a loop in the main. The loop may use the function several times. I would like it to reset the arrays names and numbers prior to runnin...
[1 reply] : There is no need to reset arrays because each element will be overwrit... (by vlad from moscow)
problems with calculations

I have some major calculation problems. My program is suppose to take the price of the computer in stock and multiply it by how many in inventory. Ex: Price o...
[2 replies] Last: Okay do you think that is causing all the calculation errors too? (by jdkrause)
Recurrence Functions

I am working on this program for an assignment and I cant figure out how to get it to work. I am not asking to do my homework just assistance. I have some to f...
[1 reply] : If a number n is odd then n % 2 != 0 So your function isOdd is seman... (by vlad from moscow)
C++ what am I doing wrong? (beginner coding assignment) code and detail inside.

What I am trying to is to validate string custID. custID needs to include 6 characters. digit/digit/digit/upper/digit/upper. If its more or less than 6 or not i...
[no replies]
Adding an exception to this program

I need function Storesale and Findsale to check the index validity. If the index is invalid, StoreSale and FindSale should generate an exception instead of exit...
[1 reply] : Certainly, you could check if the index is valid, and if not, throw so... (by Cubbi)
Converting Decimal to Binary...how to reverse?

Hi, so I have been trying for hours to figure out what to do to make this program work, but I am just not getting it. My assignment is to convert decimal to bin...
[7 replies] Last: Hey, thanks to everyone who helped out. I ended up cleaning it up pret... (by Cheddar)
Any suggestions for a good IRC while learning c++?

I was wandering if anyone had any good experiences with a particular IRC for getting help on projects? Thanks. (sorry if this is the wrong section)
[no replies]
Converting Decimal to Binary Using a Class

Hi. So my homework assignment for my C++ class this week is to create a class that converts from decimal to binary (well, actually it is to binary, octal, and h...
[no replies]
by apec
2D Array Problem Full Code, Compiles, But Doesn't Work :(

Hello All - First post here Help would be MUCH appreciated! I have a problem for my Computation in Physics/Astronomy Course. We are learning c++, and hav...
[2 replies] Last: There seem to be braces missing in maxx(). Are they there in your ori... (by vin)
by rdupon
help with strings

i have to write a lab but i am completly stuck. i tried looking over the teachers notes and asking her questions but it didnt really help. could someone please ...
[1 reply] : put your code in the /code tags please (by Need4Sleep)
by Macki
selection sort on dynamic alloc array func needs primary express..

I wrote the same set of programs.. trying to see if they work on different obsolete compilers.. then now I am redoing this one just to see if I can do it from...
[2 replies] Last: thanks hmmm.. I must need sleep.. but more eyes better than mine t... (by Macki)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 56575859
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.