Beginners - May 2014 (Page 50)

A little stock market game

Here is just a little game that I have made.This is my first game so I would like to know what do you guys think about it since I'm not a pro.;) #include <...
[no replies]
ASCII Data reading Problem

Hello ! I am writing a Program which reads a ASCII file. In the ASCII file is are Saved some customers. The Programm should give out all customers that spent ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/getline/ (by iQChange)
Memory Issue in Game

I am currently programming a game with ALLEGRO 5, but I am having a problem with the size of my game which initiates all the images once and destroys the images...
[no replies]
system("pause") in any other OS

Hey everyone, I need some help here. How can I use the pause to make it works in any OS using standar c++ library, I easily found how to do with the cls comm...
[2 replies] Last: OK, thank you very much :-D Btw, another question, to show 2 decimal... (by dualdark)
New line character

Consider the following code. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> int main () { std::ifstream is ("example.txt"); if (is) { // g...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks peter. So if i'm understanding right this is what happens when ... (by Void life)
How to limit certain word in input

How to limit certain word only show when i press the correct button. For example, I have 'x' and 'y' for the decision, and I want to make only 'x' and 'y' w...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, Code::Blocks (on Windows) comes with MinGW, that has the WinAPI. ... (by TwilightSpectre)
by hazzel
how to increase 2d without losing previous data ??

how do i expand the 2D array without loosing its previous data..?? my 2d expands but when i display its data the previous data is re-initialized.. why and how....
[1 reply] : Create the new 2D array but hold on to the old 2D array. Then you can ... (by Peter87)
Split string

Hello how do you split string in C by space? I have: char * string;
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. (by theanswer)
Help with Parsing A File

Write your question here. I have been doing this project for class awhile now but I cant seem to get it to fully work.The basic gist of the problem is to write...
[no replies]
Recursive & Iterative Maze solver

I am working on solving a maze via recursion and iteration but it appears that the recursive function doesn't know when to stop (It reaches the exit marked by a...
[1 reply] : In the iterative version, you make no effort not to revisit cells you'... (by cire)
keep getting errors with this program..CONFUSED

I am very confused, been working on this for hours #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; class Population { private: int pop; ...
[5 replies] Last: Running it makes it look perfectly fine. As for initializer lists, the... (by TwilightSpectre)
help with casting - changing type int to double

The title states it all. I cant see what i am doing incorrect here. I am trying to learn how to use this correctly but im getting an output of 1.14. Can someone...
[1 reply] : First, please you code tags for your code - look at the format bar whe... (by TwilightSpectre)
by dayan1
Rounding Decimals

I have a problem dealing with answer in money, and after prompting the user for a number and performing a calculation using multiple functions, I am getting num...
[2 replies] Last: I know that ceil and floor are functions for rounding There are othe... (by giblit)
initializing the dynamic array of pointer (in a for loop statement)

Thanks to @nvrmnd, Problem solved! :-)
[7 replies] Last: No matching function for call to 'Course::Course()' [quote=i]Your Co... (by nvrmnd)
Freeing Dynamic Memory

If I do something like MyObject* o1=new MyObject ; delete o1; Are only the first 50 MyObject destructors called? Is the data held in MyObject for the...
[6 replies] Last: I saw an example in a book about syntax from an earlier form that it w... (by RadWayne)
identifier " " is undefined

I am trying to correct this program and keep getting that the identifiers "pop, births, and deaths are unidentified. This program uses the Population class a...
[3 replies] Last: The changes work fine for a standard compiler: http://ideone.com/L5y8f... (by kevinkjt2000)
I can't find the issue

I've looked at multiple examples, tried various things to get this to work, all to no avail. I'm so frustrated, does any one see what I'm doing wrong? /*h...
[5 replies] Last: I believe you're feeding us misinformation. Your code does compile.... (by cire)
by bozz51
Bool search

I'm having a heck of a time getting my last function to work. I need to ask the user to input an integer and search my array and if it exists in array I need to...
[18 replies] Last: you're welcome! (by closed account 2AoiNwbp)
Template recursive function

Hey guys. I'm writing a template recursive function to search for a string and an int in an array of both. The problem is that when I type in what i want to sea...
[9 replies] Last: Never mind got it! Thanks fir the help aabuezo!! (by JBIRD304)
Problems with compiler

Hello i need your help again :( I was testing the random library using the compiler g++ in codelite but i ran to a little problem and i really don't know how...
[4 replies] Last: Did you try adding "-std=c++0x" without the double quotes? (by RadWayne)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 4849505152... 55
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.