Beginners - May 2014 (Page 51)

Xml data analysis

Hello there everyone. I'm quite new to c++ and I was wondering if I could get your help with how to go about starting some code. What I have is an xml file tha...
[4 replies] Last: sure. ill write something up (by Little Bobby Tables)
What books should I buy?

Hello everybody, So recently I've been buy a lot of C++ books. I'm aiming to try and teach myself because i feel that my class as of right now is going pretty...
[7 replies] Last: @JLBorges Alright thank you, i think I'm going to do exactly that. Tha... (by Icecreammikey)
Friend Function: Combine 2 Clubs

(solved)
[8 replies] Last: Thank you @AbstractionAnon and all others that responded. Your help wa... (by Cynthia401)
by SeanTL
Declared function not declared

I am writing a simple tictactoe game with multiple classes. I have created ttt_board.h and ttt_board.cpp and included "ttt_board.h" in ttt_board.cpp, but BOARD:...
[no replies]
by strife
Fstream as a parameter

I am attempting to make a class with a function that will save data to a txt file. I thought that if i had a function with a filestream for a parameter i could ...
[1 reply] : You are missing your prototype to the overloaded constructor in your c... (by giblit)
ifstream efficiency

When checking for some character in a text file is it better to read in one character at a time and check it, or to read in one line at a time and loop through ...
[1 reply] : Read a line and loop each character. The fewer times you require data... (by S G H)
by bozz51
Copy arrayA into arrayB in reverse order

I've tried and tried some more before I ask the wizards of this forum. I have successfully populated arrayA from my file now I need help to copy that arrayA int...
[16 replies] Last: Thank you... I understand. (by bozz51)
by chofs
problem with an if statement in 2d array

hey guys am working on a program that returns the position of an element in a 2d array...the program works perfactly expcept for the part where if there element...
[no replies]
Final Lab: Problem saving to a file etc;

I have all this code below and im almost finished with the class but im having trouble with the last prompt. I have no idea what the prompt is asking other then...
[1 reply] : And this is what the prompt is asking "Good thing you re-organized yo... (by seinab1)
Project Euler # 41

We shall say that an n-digit number is pandigital if it makes use of all the digits 1 to n exactly once. For example, 2143 is a 4-digit pandigital and is also p...
[3 replies] Last: I can tell you the largest possible would be 7 if you do a few simple ... (by giblit)
Writing to a file

Say i have a file like the following: For size 10: **some data** For size 100: **some data** and so on.. I can overwrite data in a file at a particular posit...
[no replies]
Counting system

I know I'm missing something simple is this but I cannot see it, I'm trying to make a counting system so that if the word is 'wall' and you guess it correctly, ...
[5 replies] Last: I got it all to work (by football52)
Classes

Okay, so I have an exercise: Rewrite the program from page 255 to use the istream constructor. But I do not know how to initialize it from constructions like...
[no replies]
Help

I am having a hell of a time trying to get SFML to work with code blocks, I have followed instructions from both youtube and the website itself and I cannot get...
[1 reply] : I have searched the internet, watched 3 different youtube differents, ... (by closed account 3R5fjE8b)
GetAsyncKeyState

hi I'm currently having a problem with my code. I'm creating a basic RPG game and want the player to move a round a game map on the console. when I first press ...
[no replies]
by RiHdz1
Roman Numbers/Switch Statement

int main(int argc, const char * argv ) { char choice; // Roman numerals 1-10 // Use switch statement. Use input validation for 1-10. cout <...
[4 replies] Last: It doesn't work. I changed char to int. The single quotes were taken o... (by RiHdz1)
User input.

Say I have a program does something when the user inputs "yes". Now I want my program to do this same thing if user input is something like "Yes" or any other c...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome thanks AbstractionAnon (by Void life)
Word Jumble

Can somebody explain this part to me. I'm suppose to write a word jumble program that jumbles the words to how long the word is. So if the word is 7 letters it ...
[4 replies] Last: alright thank you (by football52)
by al1432
Arrays...

I need to be able to write a program using arrays that produces 100 integers that are NOT outputted and the it produces a count of how many times a number shows...
[1 reply] : Line 10: Why are you initializing this array with '0' - '9' ? You ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Life24
Set ctrl/c handler

Hi, I want implement this. What i do? while( !flagStop ) { ... } Set this flag in your ctrl/c handler.
[3 replies] Last: It is just a first chance exception. (The program is being run under a... (by JLBorges)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 4950515253... 55
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.