Beginners - May 2014 (Page 53)

by SeanTL
Need help with a simple AI

I created a TicTacToe game, and the AI in it is difficult, but predictable. Not only that, but it is buggy. I want your opinion on the AI, and any tips to make ...
[2 replies] Last: The main loop // Ugh. int main() { gameStart: int ttts_board = {... (by SeanTL)
Interested In Video Game Programming

Hey I am new here. I eventually want to program my own studio software DAW for musical and audio based production. Till then, I wish to learn more about vide...
[2 replies] Last: Personally I feel that programming, as a skill, is simply another mean... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
Basic Chess problem

nevermind
[2 replies] Last: nevermind (by vasilenko93)
NEED ATOI HELP

hey,I'm in my first programming class and i cant figure out how to use atoi to change from a string to an integer. please let me know what i'm doing wrong!!!!...
[3 replies] Last: I'm on gcc 4.7.1, no errors with the code below: #include <iostream> ... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
Guess My Number

How do I make this so it wont guess the same number more than once? In reality, it should only have to guess a maximum times of 100 because the numbers range fr...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks giblit, I`ll take a look (by closed account 2AoiNwbp)
I/O reading the next line in input file?

Hello, Im a newb so please go easy on me. Im trying to get my program to display a persons name (lastname, FirstName) whether they are high blood pressure or no...
[6 replies] Last: Uhmm, it worked on mine. http://coliru.stacked-crooked.com/a/f2c15de1... (by nvrmnd)
Help with matrix problem?

ok so i have a test tomorrow and i cannot seem to get the final part of this practice problem right. 4. Write a program to open a file for reading that has tw...
[no replies]
Modifying code to reference function instead of return function

I'm using a function getProductCode to read a product code from the keyboard. This function uses a return statement to send the product code to main. My ass...
[9 replies] Last: productCode = getProductCode(code); You were expecting a string to r... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
Char* vs String comparisons

Quick question Can char* be compared using <, >, and ==. If not should they be converted to strings. I am pretty sure they can be compared, however, I cannot...
[1 reply] : Every character has an ascii decimal value: http://www.asciitable.com/... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
Quicksort pivot & quicksort complexity

So I have an assignment to validate the complexity of quicksort. Here is my quicksort code below. It works fine when I set the pivot as the left most element in...
[10 replies] Last: You are welcome Void life, I wish I was more useful to you. regards, ... (by closed account 2AoiNwbp)
by cfm310
Help: expected unqualified id

can someone help me figure out this error? rosterapp.cpp:253: error: expected `}' at end of input rosterapp.cpp:253: error: expected unqualified-id at end of ...
[2 replies] Last: rosterapp.cpp:253: error: expected `}' at end of input rosterapp.cpp... (by CodeGoggles)
by cfm310
classroom roster struct

Problem Scenario: A basic class roster application is to be developed. The application has the following functionalities: 1. ADD Adds a new Student record if...
[1 reply] : Edit student function: --Prompt for student id #. --Pass the roster ... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
problem with char *array[]declaration

//I get the warning from compiler about this declaration(global): //copy/paste both: my declaration and warning. char *S = {"Ellen","Catherine","Aleks","...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for (quick btw) reply; string type is working without warn... (by Novicius)
by NOMNOM
Issues with linked list addition

I'm writing a program that is supposed to add two linked lists together and display their sum in vigesimal digits. The problem is that when I have a carry it wi...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks that helped a lot! Here is my updated add function, now it work... (by NOMNOM)
error "fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x368"

so I just installed a bunch of MySQL libraries. I create links to all the libraries and since I have done that, this error message has been popping up.I did a l...
[6 replies] Last: Really having trouble with this still (by Pmiccich1)
arrays and functions -changin the array (1,2)

So I am trying to load this array with numbers from a data file (just random numbers). Then I need to have the function call the array and display the contents....
[29 replies] Last: ok I think I got it now. Thanks for all your help! (by MRangel)
got problems with class code

This should be pretty simple, but I cant figure it out. I will give you all three of my files and the error code I am getting, if someone could help. .h f...
[1 reply] : Use code tags!!! http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ Error C... (by Aceix)
by aguku
undefined reference to function

Hi I wrote the following code to : #include <iostream> #include "pila.h" #include "string.h" using namespace std; int main() { char ecuaci...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=OP]undefined reference to `void CrearPila<char>(TNodoPila<char>... (by Aceix)
by chofs
counting characters per line

hey guys am trying to count the number of letters in each line e.g the following input like beats output should count as follows 4 5 here is what i have...
[3 replies] Last: Something like this: //C++11 code vector<string> vec{"peace","war"};... (by Aceix)
Question

Hello, Since I'm working on a generator and I don't want to have to put the same lines at every category, since that takes to much time and I haven't got that...
[3 replies] Last: Just put the stuff you want to be repeated in functions like I mention... (by giblit)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 5152535455
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.