Beginners - May 2014 (Page 7)

Code::Blocks build errors

Thanks in advance for the help and patience. I've just downloaded code blocks for Windows for the second time. The first time I successfully downloaded it an...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks everyone :D I should have noticed the extra hyphen... but what... (by bdohler)
C++ Beginner: Array of type char vs Array of type int

This is my first post. As a beginner of learning C++, I am trying to understand the difference between an array of type char and an array of type int. I wondere...
[2 replies] Last: When adding two integral types, if they are different sizes then the s... (by dhayden)
by DTrey
File I/O Issues Containing Arrays

Given a History of transactions in a bank account how can we print an array of an account to a file? For example you call the function by its filename. Then lis...
[14 replies] Last: How would I get it to display the number of accounts that are written ... (by DTrey)
Passing a pointer to a function?

I would like to write a function that sums the int value of char* data type. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main(int argc, co...
[1 reply] : If your string is null terminated, you do not need to pass a size wit ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Wrong Type of Output from Linked List

Write your question here. Why did my output print an address instead of an integer? Note that I did not include the code from my header file. /* * Chap...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. I don't have a good grasp of pointers yet. The fix was ... (by phztfte1)
code doesn't work as expected

Hi guys, I'm trying to figure this out. After I input numbers the "max" & "min" won't display the correct numbers. Could you tell me how to fix it? #includ...
[1 reply] : Line 17. max or min? Lines 5 and 11. How many elements do min and ma... (by keskiverto)
problem with abstract classes???

I'm trying to learn SDL from a book (pakit - sdl game development) and was at the bit with gamestates. then i try to compile the program and i get these mesa...
[4 replies] Last: Ahh yeah the const, I didn't even notice. Thanks it compiled now. (by jadegnan)
vector with 3 elements

I wonder how does vector with 3 elements, for example: you type 010110001111 in the code: you have 3 positions automatically separate each well, ("010", "...
[6 replies] Last: Here is how I would approach it, but everyone has their own ways. Did... (by Pindrought)
invalid array subscript

I am creating a binary to ASCII converter. The way the program works is it accepts a string input, converts it to an array of ints, and converts it to ascii. Th...
[2 replies] Last: It works for me: #include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <cma... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
Error LNK2019: Symbol extern undefined. My code (cuda 6.0), why not work?

Hey guys here is my code of an lexical analyzer, #include "cuda_runtime.h" #include "device_launch_parameters.h" #include <regex> #include <conio.h> #include ...
[1 reply] : The linker error means that the linker cannot find the implementation ... (by keskiverto)
by danzal
How do i write this formula in c++?

331 * squareroot 1 + t/273 v = 331 * (sqrt((double)1 + t/273))
[5 replies] Last: int t, sum, n; t is an integer. So is sum. So is 273 Hence either t... (by Chervil)
Tree using Classes Problem

The Sum function is not working.please help me :D #include<iostream> using namespace std; struct node{ int data; node *large; node *small; }; ...
[3 replies] Last: i had solve it using this method: [int main() { int x; bst tree;... (by max v max2)
by Jean14
linked list bunnies problem

i need to know how to correct the error in the struct but i don't know how. please help me #include"stdafx.h" #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #i...
[7 replies] Last: > what if i want to write it in a binary file ? When you feel the ur... (by JLBorges)
by salsa
challange

--------------------------SOLVED I WILL USE EVERYTHING U GAVE ME THX ALOT!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
[7 replies] Last: Over 1000 challenges here: http://codeforces.com/problemset?order=BY_S... (by Smac89)
by Wesp
Please can someone explain it to me?

why we use const in this case? void function_name()const;
[4 replies] Last: the keyword const makes the a "read only" function.U cant use it to mo... (by Pter0dactyl)
help with input buffer

I was able to use a mouse in my console. When i compile and the first thing i call is the mouse code, it works perfectly; however, when i need to call that func...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks anyway, i've been told that before, but it's for a class, and h... (by annemaury)
by DTrey
File I/O

I am writing a header file dealing with class I have named account. I have to go over a list on accounts and put it into a file as well as create a list of acco...
[1 reply] : If you have a data thats structured then why are u using a text file.R... (by Pter0dactyl)
C++ Angles from integers

Hi Guys, I have a program below, I am basically trying to make the camera spin around the mock triangles (as if in orbit and always facing them). I am just butc...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, the f suffix means 'float'. Otherwise, 100.0 would be considered ... (by Chervil)
error during compilation

I am getting this ERROR "undefined symbol x,y,z" and "statement missing" in the following program #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> int main() { clr...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your help (by ramnik93)
Unknown cause for error

I do not know what is causing these errors: error: expected primary-expression before '(' token error: expected primary-expression before '(' token error: e...
[5 replies] Last: @Computergeek01 I think you are correct, I changed the variable names ... (by altan haan)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 56789... 55
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.