Beginners - November 2013 (Page 73)

How to combine hours and minutes?

Here is part of my code. For example: The input is 200: Hours : 3 Minutes : 20 how can i make them into 320? cout << "How long have you ta...
[7 replies] Last: if { //time is 0000 } else { //calculate } (by Mats)
Help with formatting my output

I need help formatting my output to "look nice". Also, my first volts output is giving an odd output with random letters and numbers in it, but every other one ...
[3 replies] Last: You are setting volts to be equal to volts in your calc_volts functi... (by TwilightSpectre)
~~Help me urgently please~~

Help please.. just gotta make the loop run as many times as the value that the user enters... i have no idea how to do it tho... :( main.cpp #include ...
[2 replies] Last: The keyword is for not if.--line 15 printStatistics(); If is a conditi... (by Aceix)
For Loop help

Hello Everyone. I have to write a For Loop that prints multiples of 5 from 1 to 400. So far this is what I have, but I can't figure out how to jump from 1 to 5 ...
[7 replies] Last: > if there was a way to start at 1 and jump to 5, 10, 15 with just usi... (by JLBorges)
Function and loop addition program

I'm at a lost for how to fix this. It compiles perfect but doesnt do what I want it to. What I'm trying to do is run a program that generates 2 random numbers(u...
[1 reply] : I guess you are stuck in an infinite loop. Remove the semicolon at the... (by ats15)
program doesn't output anything

Write a program that can be used to train the user to use less sexist language by suggesting alternative versions of sentences given by the user. The program wi...
[no replies]
Counting border elements that are zero in a matrix

Hi everyone. I have two matrices that are input by the user. My question is how would I count the number of border elements that are zero in the FIRST matrix on...
[12 replies] Last: To answer your question, is something along those lines? sum ... (by Cryptik)
Help with arrays?

Hi, i am supposed to write a program that declares 3 one dimensional arrays. I am supposed to pass three arrays (volts, current, resistance) to a function calle...
[14 replies] Last: it is a better idea pass a SIZE value as an argument -to print or writ... (by eyenrique)
Syntax Assistance (?)

I'm trying to figure out what the syntactical structure of this program should be. I think my equation at the top makes it clear what I am aiming to display to ...
[1 reply] : You shouldn't think of line 11 as an equation. It is an instruction. I... (by Chervil)
by ivan1
Read multiple columns of data

Hi all, I am trying to rad some data from txt which has the following form: 3 6 2 1 4 2 4 3 4 4 2 5 4 6 1 The first row is for NumA, th...
[1 reply] : Lines 8 through 10 belong outside the loop, before line 7. (by Duthomhas)
by ephekt
not sure what to do

I need to count the number of times each number appears in an array. I have no idea what to do in order to do this can i change the sort function to do this? or...
[2 replies] Last: i tried adding another function and another array but now the output i... (by ephekt)
c++ quesiton .txt file

How do i make my program read numbers from a .txt file?
[1 reply] : Have you tried pleading with it: "please read numbers from this .txt f... (by Danny Toledo)
How do i make my program record spaces?

Im making a Vocabulary study program.I want it the user to put the word's name and definition.When the person types space then everything after that isnt record...
[2 replies] Last: Oh i feel like an idiot.I was unaware of it.Thanks (by Nitrosolid)
help write this program please!!

I'm having a hard time solving this problem could you please help me out? The date June 10, 1960 is special because when we write it in the following format th...
[2 replies] Last: can you fully format the whole program please? I really don't know how... (by bubbles6310)
by mjyz
Easiest way?

What is the easiest way to read from this input (string and numbers) file and restrict an Id number with more than four numbers & read the full name Miss Infor...
[5 replies] Last: anyone? (by mjyz)
Write a function that will do this

Hello everyone, so i am working on a program which is basically this #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { sr...
[4 replies] Last: So wha would be the new code ? (by adrianrayce)
MEDIAN FROM FILE

Sup guys , I'm having trouble with this program question.... Compute the median of a data file. The median is the middle number in a data set. It is the num...
[no replies]
What to check for when given 'unresolved externals' error

(note: the following CPP file uses a header file provided by the professor that makes the item and node items private members of a Node Class and uses member fu...
[1 reply] : if you could provide the error message, that would be great. http://w... (by ne555)
by ephekt
fill array from file and sort

I am trying to fill an integer array from a file and then sort the array in order and count the number of occurrences of each element. My question is how do i c...
[3 replies] Last: thank you so much i've been trying to fill this array for hours now, a... (by ephekt)
by mv81
c++ fractions

Im writing a c++ program that uses fractions and im having trouble figuring out how i allow people to enter fractions into the program. I have it to were im ask...
[1 reply] : Ask the user for a numerator and a denominator, do your math magic, th... (by mobotus)
November 2013 Pages: 1... 7172737475... 80
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.