Beginners - October 2013 (Page 80)

Adding a library confuses the compiler :(

Hello. I am trying to write a simple cpp code using an external API. I am having issues with the compiling syntax. When adding a library, which quotes shou...
[1 reply] : you should add the absolute path to your library to your path variable... (by Smac89)
by sbahat
if else

hi,i am sbahat i read if else structure.and i want to practice it.plz give me example program for practice. if else
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "Enter a number: "... (by LB)
by Vjrrdr
Void and return functions with loops

I'm taking an intro to C++ class and am having a little bit of trouble with this program. However I'm having a small problem with financial aid that is preventi...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! That got the void function to work, but I'm a little lost on h... (by Vjrrdr)
how to store a letter variable ?

If i want users to input either (A,B,C,D,F), each letter will represent 4,3,2,1,0 respectively, so its like when user input A, then i want to show his input val...
[18 replies] Last: because i am new to c++, and still exploring, thats why i got stuck on... (by americanxo)
Operator== Overload

One of the questions on my midterm tomorrow is as follows: 1. Given the class definition below, write a member function that checks if two strings (as define...
[5 replies] Last: There's typos, so to be technical, no it doesn't look correct. (by LB)
by TyNova
Help with output and dash position

I need help, I need to output the string "ENGL 101 - College Writing Skills" in this format: "College Writing Skills (ENGL 101)". I can not just write out th...
[1 reply] : Nevermind guys, I got it. int dashPos; string courseDesc; string ... (by TyNova)
NIM game

Why does my program keep running even after the user inputs a number over 8 and under 1 in my NIM game??? // NIM game! #include "stdafx.h" #include <i...
[2 replies] Last: sigh...such a simple solution...ty so much giblit!! (by jvjvalerio)
How to stop rounding

I have this program made and have to input a tax rate using whole integers, no floating values. However, when I calculate the tax value for the total purchased,...
[11 replies] Last: Heres how I would do it #include <iostream> int main() { const in... (by giblit)
Vector trouble

I want to know how to add values to vectors using only user input. Any help? I have three vectors relating to fish: The type, the size, and how many they want...
[8 replies] Last: You need separate variables to cin into, and then you'll push_back t... (by LB)
help me to solve this question for making c++

(help me to solve this question for making c++) hi all..i want ask..how to do this script for C++? my tutor ask me to do it but i zero in c++...the syntax i kno...
[3 replies] Last: wow many thanks all...for helping me in the formula...the question i k... (by shuyina)
Best way to send an email in C++?

I want to make a program that can send emails and attachments.I have been googling and i have seen people use Winsock and also libcurl.i dont know what to use.I...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for the help. (by Nitrosolid)
Unresolved externals error

I ave no idea how to fix this error any help would be appreciated. //Libraries #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; //Structur...
[2 replies] Last: I didn't even notice that, thanks helped a lot. (by Jose94ji)
by Anna22
[Linking error] undefined reference to `WinMain'

I have searched and read about this error, but the questions and answers are too advanced for me. I need help fixing it so I can compile this and see if it ...
[3 replies] Last: You're welcome. There are a lot of threads on the forum about IDE's. ... (by norm b)
Hour Glass shape with letters (help)

I need the program to print out : The user enters an odd integer (say, N) in the range 1 to 51 (inclusive). The program then prints an hourglass shape compr...
[1 reply] : What was wrong with your existing thread? http://www.cplusplus.com/for... (by LB)
ok I'm a beginner so go easy on me people

I'm working on learning C++ from a pdf manual and am using MS VisualStudio 2010 ultimate edition when I put the code in below it gives me this error message wha...
[1 reply] : code is correct. You probably don't have to file in your project or so... (by giblit)
Questions about differences

I need to modify my program so it also displays money Package A customers would save if they were to purchase packages B or C, and how much money Package B cust...
[1 reply] : Copy the calculations you want to the "if" you want. ;) But to calcula... (by Locien)
by TensE
If wont work properly

Im trying to make a tax program and for some reason if the income is < 100000 everything works fine but as soon as its more than that it gives me the wrong answ...
[1 reply] : if (income > 50000 || income <= 75000) This is always going to be t... (by Disch)
im having problems writing numbers to a file

I have been trying to get the program to write some double values to a file. it creates the file but the file remains blank. if anyone could give me some guid...
[4 replies] Last: you are awesome ty so much i have been struggling with that forever. ... (by Jorys22)
program that finds the # of digits of a number

My teacher said there are two ways to find the # of digits of a number but i dont get either of them what does both of the codes mean? log 10 ( abs(n)) + 1 i...
[2 replies] Last: Those ways look a bit complicated to find the number of digits a numbe... (by giblit)
Declaring number of array elements ?

Is it possible to allow user input of an int variable and then create or change an array size based on that variable? So the user is asked how many Cows they...
[1 reply] : Yes. std::vector (and other standard library containers) allocates d... (by keskiverto)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 7879808182... 86
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.