Beginners - October 2017 (Page 30)

by MOMO1
help with function that calculates area of a circle

Hello everyone, so for this program i have to read names and numbers from the file, from there I hav...
[5 replies] Last: Ahh I see, thank you for the help guys ! (by MOMO1)
Strings

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I can find the first 'a' but I cannot seem to find th...
[1 reply] : Lifetime and masking. You have int n on line 2. On global scope. Ac... (by keskiverto)
Creating Program to find fewest coins possible from Cent Input

Hello, fairly fresh coder that is learning to create a program that will output the fewest coins pos...
[1 reply] : Line 17: You calculate the number of quarters correctly, but your oth... (by AbstractionAnon)
rsa repeated key generation

Hi, i try to génératre 10 rsa public and privat keys, i get only a repetition of keys, it génera...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, not yet (by jeanpaulw)
regarding new and classes

class A{ A(); ~A(); virtual void printstuff(){cout << "A::printstuff" << endl; ....... }; cla...
[4 replies] Last: The constructor that takes no arguments is the default constructor. ... (by keskiverto)
Dropping a Score

This program is supposed to take the input of four scores, drop the lowest score and average the rem...
[3 replies] Last: Hello RiggityWrecked, Thinking about the if/else if statements the or... (by Handy Andy)
by CPSC23
Issue getting loop to compile properly.

My instructor asked: Your job is to create a program that takes, from keyboard input: 1. The numb...
[1 reply] : Duplicated post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/222485/ (by Enoizat)
Something wrong with the output (binary search in an ordered array)

Continuation of a problem that I'm trying to solve.. I think that logically I'm about 90% of the way...
[4 replies] Last: I looked back through things and the math just didn't add up as you al... (by CapitalJeep)
How to obtain current minute?

Hi, everyone. I wanna ask how to obtain current minute in c++? Can someone help to show the simplest...
[7 replies] Last: Here's the gory details, @hooi1997. Please make your own mind up. htt... (by lastchance)
by div132
Could use some feedback/help with my code

So I was supposed to make a program that rates ski jumping. User inputs the length of the jump and t...
[3 replies] Last: Those comments really helped, as I thought - I wasted a lot of time th... (by div132)
comparing objects or strings

I was watching a video on udemy and the instructor checks to see if two strings are equal by using =...
[11 replies] Last: > so if we write a class and make it equalityComparable we would have ... (by JLBorges)
correct change

Basically, I'm trying to write a basic cash register program where it tells the user the correct amo...
[3 replies] Last: Do the whole thing in pennies. DOLLAR_AMOUNT = 100; QUARTER_AMOUNT =... (by Repeater)
Recursion

Hi I am writing a program that prompts the user to write a positive integer N and then computes S(N)...
[1 reply] : I am wondering if I have to call a function Yes, you have to call a... (by AbstractionAnon)
How to do a linked list of linked lists? (1,2)

I am trying to figure out how I would make a linked list that contains other linked lists as the nod...
[36 replies] Last: :) (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Reading Strings from a File into a Doubly Linked list

I am working on a program where I need to read data from a file then store each line into a doubly l...
[3 replies] Last: Just for anyone else who is looking for help with this.... This ended ... (by Metalman488)
Function's function

This is kind of a silly question but I came across this question and can't seem to understand how i...
[4 replies] Last: recursion works like calling any other function from inside a function... (by jonnin)
string stream global variables?

Hi guys, just wondering and this seems odd to me how come you can only use local variables with s...
[4 replies] Last: hi guys thanks for the replies much appreciated, and yes I think I'm ... (by adam2016)
c++

Write your question here. Write a program that show a series of students’ grade point. Each st...
[2 replies] Last: can anyone help me to do this in c++??? Yep, try http://www.cplusplu... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
how to stop infinite loop

I have to submit this coding for school and when I try to submit it, it says, "program end never rea...
[3 replies] Last: Setting code out clearly and with regular use of braces and whitespace... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
For loops causing bad allic char* error

The compiler keeps giving me bad alloc errors re a char pointer that isnt in the program. Please a...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help guys that really clarified :-) (by Gboss59)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 2829303132
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.