General C++ Programming - August 2012 (Page 7)

Objects

Logic: Input 5 countries by name by population by area Output: Name of country with highest Population and its number Name of country w...
[1 reply] : 1. Try writing a function for getting country information which return... (by Raman009)
by kabone
Combining 2 single line text files with a multiline text file

Hi, I am new to C++ and trying to find a way to merge three text files together to create an output text with them merged. I have been doing it through excel an...
[4 replies] Last: i dont understand what you mean? sorry like i said im new to c++ (by kabone)
Return Pointer To Function

I am looking to have one function(called F) return a pointer to one of two other functions(F1 and F2). I do not know how the function prototype for F. I have se...
[8 replies] Last: The void is the return type of the function you return. (by Peter87)
SetClipboardData() not working

i have a problem i tried using setclipboarddata() here is the code: #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <Windows.h> #using <System.DLL> ...
[9 replies] Last: It's C++/CLI, which is C++ for the .Net environment. It's tweaked in ... (by kbw)
read row and write it in a colum

Dear all, i have a file(“test.txt”) with 2 row including integer and char variables i need to read and write them in 2 column in new file called “def...
[1 reply] : Are integer and character values mixed in the rows in the source file?... (by vlad from moscow)
by dem7w2
qt programming with signals/slots

I have several arrays of QWidgets as such: QLineEdit *entries; //retrieve size from file... entries = new QLineEdit ; The problem is I don't know how ...
[1 reply] : Here's more info on QLineEdits if that helps: http://qt-project.org/d... (by dem7w2)
counting elements in a queue

Never mind :P
[3 replies] Last: Thanks so much for the help! It was that statement. Once I took out th... (by TechNoob)
GUI Framework recommendation

Hello, I want to develop some GUI, can anybody recommend a good, easy-to-use GUI Framework. I want to use it to develop linux GUI apps first, then if everything...
[3 replies] Last: This is much simpler and lighter than those monsters http://www.fltk.... (by mik2718)
reading a binary image

Hello People I am trying to read a binary image. It stores the pixel values in two byte signed integers. so they are ranging from -32768 to 32767. When i run t...
[3 replies] Last: i solved the problem :). There was a confusion with little and big en... (by kenter13)
Help with error!

i am learning how to do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTip15BHVZc&feature=autoplay&list=ECAE85DE8440AA6B83&playnext=1 but i get an error whenever i do it....
[6 replies] Last: Try to follow the video again, if the program still isn't working, go ... (by Superhappy)
share data between apps using a dll : #pragma data problem

Hello from Argentina !!!, I'm trying to communicate to programs using a DLL (this would be an IPC) . The first program calls a function in the dll and writes a ...
[no replies]
need fast algorithm that checks the amount of divisors.

at this moment i have an algorithm but it is very slow. i need it for project euler #12 http://projecteuler.net/problem=12 what i have to do is: The sequence...
[1 reply] : found the problem. the loop was going from x to 1 instead of 1 to sqr... (by gelatine)
argv[0] in Win32 Application (VC++ 6)?

In a console application, argv is the current filepath of the exe.. is there anything similar to this in a Win32 Application which does not has main?
[4 replies] Last: All win32 apps have CommandLineToArgvW and GetCommandLine APIs, use th... (by modoran)
impossible inheritance ?

I try to create two classes which include inheritance, but I think this construct is not possible to build ... maybe you are able to help me or tell my that thi...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. Only one f***ing #include was missing and the... (by SixTimesNine)
Adjacent repetitions in any number

Say I have a number i.e 9112322544. In this number there are some adjacent repetitions. If repetition then I have to add that numbers.So the number would look l...
[7 replies] Last: The other way to solve the task is to use standard function to_string... (by vlad from moscow)
Include all the libraries in the exe

Hi, i have written a program in C++ which uses many libraries and include many cpp and hpp files. I compile it successfully. I run the exe file successf...
[10 replies] Last: I think i know the difference... When i tried what you told me i was ... (by chtsolak)
Overriding new and delete for plugin libraries

Hi everyone, I'm looking at developing a plug-in application and I've read in a few places that memory must be allocated and deallocated by the same executable...
[no replies]
Win Loss and Ratio Calculations!!!

I need help trying to calculate wins and loss and ratio for C++ and im lost can someone please help? Here's the code #include <iostream> using namespace s...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int losses ,... (by Aramil of Elixia)
by beakie
Zip files...

...does anyone have any documentation on how the file formats work? I intend to write them, not read them... so I am hoping there might be some really basic ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the link... I actually only want to create zip files wit... (by beakie)
object that not Exist

hi, how can i use Exception when i send an object, as parameter, when it not exist? void main() { CLASS1 C1(); CLASS2 C2(); CLASS2 C222(); C1.InsertO...
[4 replies] Last: With great power comes great responsibility. You're generally not su... (by helios)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 56789... 31
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.